IMDb > "The IT Crowd" Italian for Beginners (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The IT Crowd" Italian for Beginners (2010)

« Prev | 22 of 25 Episodes | Next »

The IT Crowd is back in the game!

Author: (borkoboardo) from Livigno
16 July 2010

There are very few shows out there that really appear to have a master-plan. I was frankly a little confused by the first three episodes of season 4 but this one finally drops the bomb every fan was waiting for.

In short, "Italian for Beginners" is an instant IT Crowd classic. After diving a little more into the characters themselves in the previous episodes, this one portrays these new aspects in action. Fast paced, splendid punchlines, cynical metaphors and allegories and even nostalgic IT Crowd feeling at some points.

After episode 1 I chuckled, after episode 2 I had some laughs, episode 3 confused me.... on episode 4 (this one) I almost p****d my pants! The season is definitely reaching its first climax. Congratulations to the writers and actors!

A little "half spoiler" at the end I just need to get rid off: Remember these classic but slightly boring moments in comedy when the protagonist gets exposed in public slowwwwwly and the process becomes the embarrassing joke? Well, these are those moments when your head (that's already shaking) falls into your palms and you go "noooooo.... how humiliating" - Towards the end of "Italian for Beginners" the show reverses that kind of humor and you actually begin your initial head-into-your-hands-fall sequence but once the scene is finished you got your head up and ask yourself "How did she just pull THAT off?" and just start laughing!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!