IMDb > "The IT Crowd" Italian for Beginners (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The IT Crowd" Italian for Beginners (2010)

« Prev | 22 of 25 Episodes | Next »

The IT Crowd is back in the game!

Author: (borkoboardo) from Livigno
16 July 2010

There are very few shows out there that really appear to have a master-plan. I was frankly a little confused by the first three episodes of season 4 but this one finally drops the bomb every fan was waiting for.

In short, "Italian for Beginners" is an instant IT Crowd classic. After diving a little more into the characters themselves in the previous episodes, this one portrays these new aspects in action. Fast paced, splendid punchlines, cynical metaphors and allegories and even nostalgic IT Crowd feeling at some points.

After episode 1 I chuckled, after episode 2 I had some laughs, episode 3 confused me.... on episode 4 (this one) I almost p****d my pants! The season is definitely reaching its first climax. Congratulations to the writers and actors!

A little "half spoiler" at the end I just need to get rid off: Remember these classic but slightly boring moments in comedy when the protagonist gets exposed in public slowwwwwly and the process becomes the embarrassing joke? Well, these are those moments when your head (that's already shaking) falls into your palms and you go "noooooo.... how humiliating" - Towards the end of "Italian for Beginners" the show reverses that kind of humor and you actually begin your initial head-into-your-hands-fall sequence but once the scene is finished you got your head up and ask yourself "How did she just pull THAT off?" and just start laughing!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Fun as always but "Bernatelli" Italian does not sound Italian at all

Author: paolozavatta from Italy
7 January 2016

It's a very fun episode. But (spoilers ahead?) it would be funnier if the Italian spoken by "Bernatelli" would sound even remotely Italian, it's almost worst than Jen's Italian. No really i can understand US shows and films having this problem, but UK shows can afford to ask someone who can actually speak Italian to do the role of an Italian, since half a million of italians live in UK. Not only pronunciation (which is absolutely wrong, i was unable to understand anything), but also the grammar is terrible. They could have put a little more effort in it. Killed half of the episode for me (if it wasn't clear, it's because i'm Italian) and I think to anyone who, as they said in the same episode, can actually speak Italian.