IMDb > Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ice Age: Continental Drift

Ice Age: Continental Drift More at IMDbPro »

Page 12 of 14: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Experience like an amusement park!

Author: budaphin from Los Angeles, United States
12 July 2012

The experience of watching this movie is like spending a whole day in an amusement park. All you get is happiness and excitement. Although it is a slick formula sequel, it is the kind that I am willing to spend my money on and have fun. You probably gonna tell a lot of scenes familiar, which may always be seen in huge Hollywood blockbusters. The 3D effect is gorgeous. The punchlines are brilliant. Some unknown species of mice or squirrels are really really cute. After the campus screening, we got the chance to meet one of the producer, our alumnae from Blue Sky. It's always nice to hear from the creator of a good work.

Its back!

Author: j_amster_12 from england
12 July 2012

Ice age is back and is still strong !! although this series of films has been going on a while and well mostly its predicable of what is going to happen, i still enjoyed this film and would recommend it to families to sit down and have a laugh and a giggle.

I do have some small things with this film like the fact some parts of the film did seem to drag a small bit however they have to fill the time and you are going to find some slow bits never the less it was good. There was just one more thing. Im not going to give anything away but some parts of this film i feel i have seen in every single ice age and that it has just repeated its self and nothing that new and so funny you may wet your self a little has come along.

Saying that i would gladly watch this film again without any problems and still have the same enjoyment. I would recommend you watch it! I would not go to the cinema again and see this film but i will probably watch this film when it comes out on TV.

Over all its well worth a watch and good fun for the family. For this i give this film a 8/10 which is very good in my view. It does loose the 2 marks off 10 because of the repeated jokes but i love ice age and i know you do as well inside and doesn't matter if your old or young you will like/love this film :)

Another unnecessary sequel

Author: yasenkiranov from Bulgaria
12 October 2012

Pixar is really in the mood for releasing crappy sequels.First "Cars 2",now this.Let's look at the previous ice age movies.The first one was pretty good.I liked the idea and the characters were interesting.The second one focused mainly on the Development of Manny and Diego,not as good as the first one,but still decent.The third one was a little ridiculous with the whole dinosaur thing,but still watchable.Then there is this.The sequel that ruined the series for me.There is zero character development,except for Manny's daughter and her nerdy boyfriend,but tell me,does anyone give a damn about them-NO! We want to see the characters we like going on adventures and stuff like that.Well,they do go on an adventure,a very boring one.When I saw the villain of this movie I couldn't believe my eyes.Sure ice age is a comedy,but the previous films at least took their villains somewhat seriously.There is some romance subplot between Diego and another saber-tooth,but guess what-it goes nowhere.As for positive qualities,the CGI and voice-acting are top notch,naturally,this was made by Pixar after all.This,and the fact,that the there were some funny jokes here and there is the only reason I'm giving this movie 4 stars.Overall,you won't miss much if you don't watch this.

start of film rubbish

Author: paulie1979 from United Kingdom
29 September 2012

the start of the film is absolute mumbo jumbo, the way it opened never happened that way, continents never split, but again evolution rubbish even though disproved time and time again brain washing the kids,since earth is only 6000 years old and the flood 4400 years ago covered the dry land to make the seas oceans between continents and countries the land never broke or split just the really deep parts got covered by water, people should learn the truth about the earth creation and the made up cult infested lies run by the Smithsonian's called Darwinism/evolution you should go to http://www.creationtoday.org/ with has free videos, sources evidence by the bucket load that cripples evolution, people who believe in evolution are calling God himself a lair, God Jesus Christ created everything in 6 days and rested on the seventh, not billions of years like evolutionist claim, yet they have not one piece of evidence to backup their stupid theory it has all been thrown out, yet schools, collages TV still claim it as fact when hot, Jesus Christ is the only way to the father, evolution teaches us that we are bacteria and infestation and a problem, the have no importance, God created us in his images and every living person is very important no matter who or where you are you are a gift from god not bacteria

Another Home Run For The Ice Age Franchise! (With A Couple Of Minor Flaws)

Author: Ben Dover from United States
16 July 2012

In this new installment, we find our favorite main characters from the previous films (Ray Romano," Everybody Loves Raymond"; Denis Leary, "Rescue Me"; John Leguizamo, "Carlito's Way") on board for another exciting, fun-filled adventure. What I really liked about Ice Age 4: Continental Drift is the repeated theme of family and loving one another no matter what, which is a great message for all ages and the movie delivers it without being preachy. And even though it's not as funny as the previous three movies (due to there being more dramatic elements, which made me feel for the characters more), there are still plenty laughs to be had.

Now for the (very minor) flaws:

1.> The teenage mammoth characters (voiced by rap/R&B singers Drake and Nicki Minaj and "Glee's" Heather Morris) are completely annoying and useless, and they drag the movie down a bit.

2.> The relationship/romance between Diego (Leary) and Shira (singer/actress/"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez) didn't get much screen time or development.

3.> The scenes with Scrat weren't as funny this time around, probably because he's been overused, but he does get less screen time compared to the first two movies.

4.> Overall the movie tried to cram too much into too little time.

Overall Ice Age 4: Continental Drift is a really good movie, you won't regret seeing it.

Now please bring on Ice Age 5!!!!!!

Great sequel

Author: Luigi Di Pilla from Riehen, Switzerland
7 July 2012

I had another great adventure and entertaining time with ICE AGE 4. Don't miss this.

I liked it and my son too. We watched it in the theater where I experienced the best cinematography so far. There were many funny ideas and scenes I didn't see before in the previous Ice Age series. It was never boring and fast paced.

Very clever staff of Pixar. You surprise me every time. Continue with this pace. Perhaps with Ice Age 5?

I am curious to see Madagascar 3.

Rating: 9/10. Too underrated on IMDb.

Time for them to stop

Author: reneemsm from United States
15 July 2012

Today it was supposed to rain so my husband and I took the kids to a double feature. We saw Brave (our second time b/c it's SOOOO awesome!!!!) and Ice Age 4.

Before the movie there was a Simpsons cartoon (trying to copy Pixar, I assume). It was probably the most absurd thing I've seen in awhile. First of all, clearly the person who created it was of very low intelligence because they called the daycare the Ayn Rand daycare but it ended up being really fascist in nature (scanning all the kids and having armed guards everywhere, etc). All it takes is 2 minutes of googling or reading 1 of her books (or 1 of her quotes if you're too stupid to get through a full book) to know that Ayn Rand was STRONGLY against things like that. In fact, things like that are what made her escape to America . So my husband and I were just really confused through that whole mess. Probably because we aren't morons...

Then the movie started. It was fine for the kids (ours are 3, 5 and 7) esp if they like slapstick comedy stuff (as most kids do). Some things went over our kids heads but they got most of it. It was basically Pirates of the Carribbean meets 2012 (or any other apocalyptic movie). The kids laughed maybe 5-7 times and my husband and I laughed about 3-5 times. It was fine but really not worth going to the theater for it (and certainly not worth paying $5 more for 3D...which we didn't, thankfully). It honestly felt like a made for TV movie. So hopefully if they continue on with this series (Dear God I hope not) they just send it straight to TV. The first 2 were cute and funny, but the last 2...not so much.

The ice is no longer cold

Author: blogurious from Netherlands
6 July 2012

Three years ago I believed the Ice Age trilogy had taken its final step and the results were not so compelling as the first two installments. Nevertheless, it was fun to see the characters back together for a possible closure.

"Ice Age: Continental Drift" seems to be forcing the story a bit too far, taking different directions that do not add much to what we were used to. This time we get stuck in the middle of the ocean while a crazy old monkey incarnates a mean pirate with lots of issues to resolve. The adventure, however, is a bit dull and in spite of the 3D effects, I couldn't feel the connection that I had with the two first installments. I was almost sure it should have stopped after the third part, but after seeing this one, I am now completely sure.

An entertaining addition to the 'age'-ing series.

Author: musanna-ahmed from United Kingdom
30 June 2012

To start with - the technical side of filmmaking. The Ice Age series has always excelled in providing amazing visuals and this one doesn't disappoint. The use of 3D is brilliant, almost enough to restore my faith in the dire format, with credit going to the blocking choices for the characters (if that exists in animation) - they are often propelled into situations where the camera angle would turn to have them move towards the camera, creating the intended three-dimensional 'pop out' illusion. To add to the enjoyment of the visual side of the film, the new animals have been pleasingly designed by the animators.

And on an artistic level of filmmaking, the screenplay is unfortunately missing the wit and subtle humour that made the original film hilarious. The comedy is powered by visual gags instead. Some may find this disappointing but with the state of comedy films this modern day that manage to sell, it seems visual gags are what cater nicely to the target audience which is children. However, I give credit to one of the screenwriters, Jason Fuchs, who has helped script a feature film that does manage to entertain at only 24 years old. But when a film works with visual jokes rather than a script for comedy, it doesn't make one too excited about the prospects of the people behind the camera. Maybe the reception of Continental Drift can help Fuchs work on his next piece though.

Satisfying voice acting is featured in the film, I was in fact surprised that Drake and Nicki Minaj performed decently. The show-stealer was Wanda Sykes who voiced Sid's granny - she was an exception to the aforementioned visual/verbal joke argument as her greater comedy asset was undoubtedly her voice. For the record, it was ironic how Peter Dinklage voiced one of the largest pirates.

It's inevitable that the question "Is it better than it's predecessor(s)?" will be asked about Continental Drift. Well, whilst none of the sequels have been of the same quality of the original, I choose to only compare this one to the last one and the answer is yes, mainly due to the subtext of the story.

It revolves around the animals getting captured by pirate animals and doing their best to turn the tables on them. This could be interpreted as a message about how us humans, represented here as the animals, are capturing animals for our own self interest without any real sympathy. I'm no animal activist but I can safely say this is a relative approach for the filmmakers to go for - also considering as number three was about dinosaurs which have no relevance this present day - because the amount of environmental groups wanting for us to save these animals is of a large amount and ever-growing animals are becoming abused, unwanted, and abandoned by some of us. So on the socio-political level of filmmaking, Ice Age 4 has a good reason to exist.

All in all, Ice Age: Continental Drift is an entertaining addition to the series. Whilst it still proves that the series could have only gone downhill from the first one, it has a sufficient amount of reasons to be recommended to the target audience, children and fans of the series alike. Plus Scrat is still as entertaining a character as ever.

I will not spoil the ending but can say that it could be looked at as sequel bait but arguably, the series has gone long enough and I predict that a fifth film will really take its toll on it but time shall tell.

Another great adventure from the Ice Age crew,

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
2 July 2012

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift is a great movie with great humor,storyline and a fantastic cast.Its the fourth in this film series and although I don't think its as good as animated fhranchcises such as Shrek and Toy Story,it still is a good and entertaining series of films and doesn't look like its going anywhere anytime soon.

The continental drift is occurring and the ice is breaking apart and Manny is separated from his wife and daughter.Along with Sid,Diego and Sids grandmother,they must find there way back home.On there journey they are kidnapped by pirates and Diego falls for a female white tiger.Meanwhile,Scrat is still searching for his nut.

Page 12 of 14: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]