IMDb > Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ice Age: Continental Drift

Ice Age: Continental Drift More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 14: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Gotta love The Pirates Of The Caribbean parody in this flick.

Author: lisafordeay from Ireland
6 October 2013

Alright so i've liked the Ice Age legacy since 2000 and I seen all of them. The first one was good,the second was nice,the third was alright but this one is actually not that bad. This time we've got new voice talents from Josh Gad(who can be seen later this year in the anticpated 2nd CGI Disney fairytale after Tangled,Frozen),Peter Dindage(from Underdog and played one of the dwarfs in Mirror Mirror)and the queen diva herself Ms Jennifer Lopez(Maid In Manhattan,and Monster In Law).

This time the world is at risk as Scatty the squirell who's obsessed with this acorn destroys the world causing Manny,Sid and Diego to part ways with Manny's family(Queen Latifah)and end up meeting more animals as Manny and his friends try to find a way home.

SO is Ice Age the best cartoon ever made,well the animation is really good but you wouldn't be talking about it non stop compare to other animated films, but this one was actually good,but I wish this is the last one because if they keep adding more you'll lose interest in it.

Overall out of 5 its a 3 out of 5. Out of 10 i'll give it a 6.

Really funny, definitely the best so far!

Author: Han W
17 August 2013

I love this movie. It is great for families and I could not stop laughing. The initial storyline is well thought out and I liked the add in off peaches. The new added characters were great and some definitely captured my heart but one down side I think was in some areas to many are added. I would definitely recommend this and think the new idea was brilliant!

The story line its self with the bases of the continental drift meant that it actually gave a bases of history and geography in a speed shot; could be good at explaining the history to children.

I was planning to write a spoiler free review; however there was one area which I just had to mention so stop reading to avoid them. I thought the new love interest for Diego was done brilliantly! I loved the character and how she has the same stubborn and bad boy character as Diego in the first movie, and how she changes just like he does. I really like the flirtatiousness between the two characters although still small it was very cute. It was definitely a big plus in the story. Which added a interesting twist!!

Really good on the whole but too much slapping and hitting **SPOILER**

Author: Swive from United States
16 July 2013

One thing I really don't like in kid's movies is when friends and families hit each other. This movie has that and it is a message I don't want my son to see.

Manny hits the possums. The possums hit each other and I think there was other hitting.

I don't have a problem with mean people being bad and hitting or even people making mistakes and hurting other people's (animals) feelings like Peaches did with Lewis. But in the end she regrets hurting his feelings. Even the other mammoths do too.

That said, in general, the movie is very funny and has scenes that my two year old was laughing out loud about and asked to see those scenes over and over...and over and over and over...

The Vidiot Reviews

Author: capone666 from Canada
13 December 2012

Ice Age: Continental Drift

The best thing about living during an ice age is you don't have to confine your perishables to the refrigerator.

Unfortunately, this animated-adventure doesn't lionize luncheon meat in the living room, but instead glorifies family.

When the earth's crust cracks, it separates Manny: the Woolly Mammoth (Ray Romano) from his wife (Queen Latifah) and daughter (Keke Palmer).

Luckily, his friends Diego: the saber-toothed cat (Denis Leary) and Sid: the sloth (John Leguizamo) are there to help him find his way home.

But before he can be reunited with his kin, Manny must outfox a prehistoric ape pirate (Peter Dinklage) and his anthropomorphic crew (Jennifer Lopez, Aziz Ansari).

No greater nor worse than any of the franchises 3 sequels, Ice Age 4 continues the deleterious tradition of inane prattle spewed by annoying characters on asinine adventures.

In fact, these creatures would be more interesting as fossilized skeletons with museum labels attached. (Red Light)

vidiotreviews.blogspot.ca

All you can ask for in an Ice Age sequel and more!

Author: matty_gamer from Pakistan
20 October 2012

Holy Crab! This is an excellent family movie. A big thanks to everybody involved. It has got some big names like Drake, Jennifer Lopez and Nicki Minaj. Also Of-course it has has got all the awesome voice talent from previous movies and some awesome new actors. But don't mistake!, the big names involved with the title are just an icing on the cake. This movie has its own feet to stand on and quite sturdy too.

I can see how The movie might seem weak in some aspects and I can see how it may leave some thing to be desired for some people. But to me this movie was perfect. Something that you would definitely want to see with your family. Speaking of family the last ending song/Credits of the movie are also a treat to listen to and watch along with the family.

All in all this is an excellent movie. Though I would say that if you are looking for perfection then look elsewhere. If you are looking to check on Manny and the herd and go on an exciting and humorous adventure along with them then this movie is definitely for you. If you have enjoyed previous Ice Age movies you are most probably never gonna get bored with this one. :) So watch it and Enjoy.

couldn't be any better! :)

Author: farshadism from Iran
17 October 2012

I watched it just last night and I found it quite hilarious.unlike what has been mentioned earlier, it was an amazing masterpiece that keeps you laughing throughout the movie. The new characters that have just been injected to this part give you a bursting out laughter every second. You don't know what's going to happen until the moment comes by. I sure give it 10 out of 10 for an adorable sense of humor which doesn't let you feel even a bit tired. even though we could have seen more of peaches and her romantic engagement she had.yet I'd say it definitely worth sticking your butt to seat for 1/5 hour. On the other hand it was not a closed end movie and sure we'll see much of new character like shira. Therefore If you want to feel your abdominal muscles in pain don't waste a sec

disappointment

Author: kaushiq from dhaka, bangladesh
29 September 2012

I am a big fan of ice age but I'm sorry to say that this movie is a total disappointment for me, just like it second part. part 1 and 3 were so much better as they concentrated more on the fun activities rather than family matters. seeing the preview i had high hopes for the movie but it was not i thought it lacked a bit of punch lines compared to the previous parts and probably a bit too many new characters who hardly had much roles an ice age fan would like this movie and probably rate it higher than it deserve if we can erase the memory of previous part and rate it just as a movie...i don't think it will rate more than 5

Sailing on ice...

Author: Cruiz Dwyer (sinncross@gmail.com) from South Africa
23 September 2012

A lot has happened since the release of the original Ice Age when Manny, Diego and Sid first met. This time around, their existence is threatened when their continent begins to break apart, forcing everyone to have to flee from their established homes. However, things go a little wrong resulting in Manny, Diego and Sid being caught up in a battle against a pirate ape, Captain Gutt.

For those who have not been keeping up with all the release of the Ice Age series, going to view the latest installment should not prove to be any hindrance into the overall world that has been created. Sure, the relationship between the protagonists may not be fully understandable but each's unique personality is unveiled very early. This ensures that you do not have to think too much and you can let yourself go for the adventures which ensues. This is not to say that Continental Drift is devoid of any tangible story, it is just not a unique or promising one. In short, the main characters are trying to get back to their families (well Manny at least) and this brings up the tried and tested theme of family bonding. There is a good lesson here to be taught to kids, though parents are most likely going to ignore the fluff. Thankfully, the film does have its fair share of good laughs. Most is aimed at kids which can provide the odd smile but then at times the writers do their best and it shows. Continental Drift is not a minute-by-minute comedy affair, but every aspect of the story and writing do adequately fall into place.

The voice acting is a lot of fun, mainly due to the performances by Ray Romano, Denis Leary, and John Leguizamo. The rest of the actors are by no means bad, for they all feel and sound comfortable in the roles assigned to them. This brings about a voice talent that fits well within the mould of the story itself allowing dialogue and comedy to be presented in a clear manner without ever sounding incompetent.

Technically, the film is pretty good. The animation is crisp and clear though lacking any noticeable advances in the medium. The 3D is not too bad itself: it is never distracting nor does it particularly standout or enhance the experience. But what was pretty fun was the full 4D effect. Moving chairs, water vapour being sprayed on you and air passing by your skin. While 4D is not something new to anyone who has experienced it, it did feel like it enhanced the film-watching experience. I cannot imagine it being suitable to all types of films, but in the case of a 3D animation like Ice Age, the film begins to feel more fun for it.

As an animation aimed at children, the worse the film receives is some name calling and some relatively non-violent action scenarios.

Ice Age: Continental Drift can be seen as a somewhat tired film. It's story is not particularly strong nor is the comedy always engaging. But it wades through these rough seas to make an impact that is adequate enough to keep your interest through to the film's conclusion. Add in some nice looking animation and the bonus 4D (if you are lucky) and the end result is something that can be enjoyable if you allow it to be.

Scrat Steals Again. Fuzzy. Funny. Crowded.

Author: Growlyted from England
23 July 2012

I'm a huge fan of the Ice Age Series, thanks to it being consistently warm & fuzzy. My ratings so far have been Original(10), Meltdown(7) & Dinosaurs(9)This latest installment introduces a large amount of new characters, including Sid's grandma, a gang of pirates, a new rodent tribe & Lewis, best friend of Peaches. The film does seem rather crowded as a result, but there are less comments from the general, background animals. If you watch carefully you'll see cameos from Buck, Rudi & Scratte. The star of the film is of course Scrat, who is still on the eternal acorn quest. (With even funnier results, especially under water.)It has the feel of a grand finale, especially when it shows the actors over the end credits. I wouldn't object to more though. I just wonder what happened to all the humans.

6 out of 10, Not better than average, it was decent...

Author: charkhole from United States
21 July 2012

While watching movies I always try to predict what is going to happen, sometimes I get the prediction right, sometimes I'm far off. With this movie I was dead on every time. Now don't get me wrong, this was a funny movie (Alot of it potty humor)It's just the plot is something you see in almost every kids movie. Besides the plot being the same as almost every movie I see, It was pretty funny.... For KIDS. A lot of it was "cheesy" humor like replacing words like "crap" with "crab" and so on and so on. I did laugh at the dumbness of Sid, and the confusion of his grandma, but besides that I thought a lot of it was pretty DULL. One of the only reasons I gave it a 6 was because of the good messages. The father was a strong man of his family. He was persistent and had good values. In most movies you see these days Hollywood likes to make the Dad's look stupid. I'm serious. If you really pay attention to certain shows and movies they make women look smarter and more intelligent. Now PLEASE don't get me wrong, women are just as SMART and as INTELLIGENT as MEN, but MEN are the leaders of the house in REAL life. But anyways, I'm getting of subject. Overall the movie wasn't the best, but had good values, Dull humor (some of it funny), and overall a very AVERAGE kids movie. All of this is MY opinion. You could take your kids to this movie and they could laugh there flipping heads off. But me, no...

Page 11 of 14: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]