IMDb > Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ice Age: Continental Drift

Ice Age: Continental Drift More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 14: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

couldn't be any better! :)

Author: farshadism from Iran
17 October 2012

I watched it just last night and I found it quite hilarious.unlike what has been mentioned earlier, it was an amazing masterpiece that keeps you laughing throughout the movie. The new characters that have just been injected to this part give you a bursting out laughter every second. You don't know what's going to happen until the moment comes by. I sure give it 10 out of 10 for an adorable sense of humor which doesn't let you feel even a bit tired. even though we could have seen more of peaches and her romantic engagement she had.yet I'd say it definitely worth sticking your butt to seat for 1/5 hour. On the other hand it was not a closed end movie and sure we'll see much of new character like shira. Therefore If you want to feel your abdominal muscles in pain don't waste a sec

disappointment

Author: kaushiq from dhaka, bangladesh
29 September 2012

I am a big fan of ice age but I'm sorry to say that this movie is a total disappointment for me, just like it second part. part 1 and 3 were so much better as they concentrated more on the fun activities rather than family matters. seeing the preview i had high hopes for the movie but it was not i thought it lacked a bit of punch lines compared to the previous parts and probably a bit too many new characters who hardly had much roles an ice age fan would like this movie and probably rate it higher than it deserve if we can erase the memory of previous part and rate it just as a movie...i don't think it will rate more than 5

Sailing on ice...

Author: Cruiz Dwyer (sinncross@gmail.com) from South Africa
23 September 2012

A lot has happened since the release of the original Ice Age when Manny, Diego and Sid first met. This time around, their existence is threatened when their continent begins to break apart, forcing everyone to have to flee from their established homes. However, things go a little wrong resulting in Manny, Diego and Sid being caught up in a battle against a pirate ape, Captain Gutt.

For those who have not been keeping up with all the release of the Ice Age series, going to view the latest installment should not prove to be any hindrance into the overall world that has been created. Sure, the relationship between the protagonists may not be fully understandable but each's unique personality is unveiled very early. This ensures that you do not have to think too much and you can let yourself go for the adventures which ensues. This is not to say that Continental Drift is devoid of any tangible story, it is just not a unique or promising one. In short, the main characters are trying to get back to their families (well Manny at least) and this brings up the tried and tested theme of family bonding. There is a good lesson here to be taught to kids, though parents are most likely going to ignore the fluff. Thankfully, the film does have its fair share of good laughs. Most is aimed at kids which can provide the odd smile but then at times the writers do their best and it shows. Continental Drift is not a minute-by-minute comedy affair, but every aspect of the story and writing do adequately fall into place.

The voice acting is a lot of fun, mainly due to the performances by Ray Romano, Denis Leary, and John Leguizamo. The rest of the actors are by no means bad, for they all feel and sound comfortable in the roles assigned to them. This brings about a voice talent that fits well within the mould of the story itself allowing dialogue and comedy to be presented in a clear manner without ever sounding incompetent.

Technically, the film is pretty good. The animation is crisp and clear though lacking any noticeable advances in the medium. The 3D is not too bad itself: it is never distracting nor does it particularly standout or enhance the experience. But what was pretty fun was the full 4D effect. Moving chairs, water vapour being sprayed on you and air passing by your skin. While 4D is not something new to anyone who has experienced it, it did feel like it enhanced the film-watching experience. I cannot imagine it being suitable to all types of films, but in the case of a 3D animation like Ice Age, the film begins to feel more fun for it.

As an animation aimed at children, the worse the film receives is some name calling and some relatively non-violent action scenarios.

Ice Age: Continental Drift can be seen as a somewhat tired film. It's story is not particularly strong nor is the comedy always engaging. But it wades through these rough seas to make an impact that is adequate enough to keep your interest through to the film's conclusion. Add in some nice looking animation and the bonus 4D (if you are lucky) and the end result is something that can be enjoyable if you allow it to be.

Scrat Steals Again. Fuzzy. Funny. Crowded.

Author: Growlyted from England
23 July 2012

I'm a huge fan of the Ice Age Series, thanks to it being consistently warm & fuzzy. My ratings so far have been Original(10), Meltdown(7) & Dinosaurs(9)This latest installment introduces a large amount of new characters, including Sid's grandma, a gang of pirates, a new rodent tribe & Lewis, best friend of Peaches. The film does seem rather crowded as a result, but there are less comments from the general, background animals. If you watch carefully you'll see cameos from Buck, Rudi & Scratte. The star of the film is of course Scrat, who is still on the eternal acorn quest. (With even funnier results, especially under water.)It has the feel of a grand finale, especially when it shows the actors over the end credits. I wouldn't object to more though. I just wonder what happened to all the humans.

6 out of 10, Not better than average, it was decent...

Author: charkhole from United States
21 July 2012

While watching movies I always try to predict what is going to happen, sometimes I get the prediction right, sometimes I'm far off. With this movie I was dead on every time. Now don't get me wrong, this was a funny movie (Alot of it potty humor)It's just the plot is something you see in almost every kids movie. Besides the plot being the same as almost every movie I see, It was pretty funny.... For KIDS. A lot of it was "cheesy" humor like replacing words like "crap" with "crab" and so on and so on. I did laugh at the dumbness of Sid, and the confusion of his grandma, but besides that I thought a lot of it was pretty DULL. One of the only reasons I gave it a 6 was because of the good messages. The father was a strong man of his family. He was persistent and had good values. In most movies you see these days Hollywood likes to make the Dad's look stupid. I'm serious. If you really pay attention to certain shows and movies they make women look smarter and more intelligent. Now PLEASE don't get me wrong, women are just as SMART and as INTELLIGENT as MEN, but MEN are the leaders of the house in REAL life. But anyways, I'm getting of subject. Overall the movie wasn't the best, but had good values, Dull humor (some of it funny), and overall a very AVERAGE kids movie. All of this is MY opinion. You could take your kids to this movie and they could laugh there flipping heads off. But me, no...

Not as good as the others!

Author: Jordan MeetingFlipper Gross
19 July 2012

The fourth installment in a film series usually end up being mediocre or just plain out bad films. Sadly this film falls into the mediocre category and ends up being the worst film in the series, but that doesn't mean it is a terrible film, it just wasn't the best.

The 3D in this film was probably the best part of the film. The 3D really came out of the screen as well as the film had great depth. The 3D version is for sure the superior version to see.

This film stars Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond, Ice Age), Dennis Leary (Rescue Me, The Amazing Spider-Man), John Leguizamo (The Lincoln Lawyer, Ice Age), Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation, 30 Minutes or Less), Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones, Elf), Aubrey "Drake" Graham (Charlie Bartlett, Degrassi: The Next Generation), Queen Latifah (The Dilemma, Just Wright), Jennifer Lopez (What to Expect When You're Expecting, The Back-up Plan), Nicki Minaj (Ice Age: Continental Drift), Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP, Akeelah and the Bee), Josh Peck (Drake & Josh, The Wackness), Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Paul), Seann William Scott (Road Trip, Role Models), Patrick Stewart (X-men, American Dad), and Wanda Sykes (Rio, Over the Hedge).

Manny (Ray Romano), Diego (Dennis Leary), and Sid (John Leguizamo) get drifted into the sea due to the forming of all the continents on Earth. While they are separated from the heard, they run into some pirates who try to take them as prisoners. There main goal is to make it back home to help their friends and loved ones while trying to escape from the pirates.

I enjoyed the film but it wasn't anything special. This is the worst out of the four films but its not a crappy movie, it just wasn't as funny nor did it feel that it needed to be made to add to the Ice Age story. Kids will probably have a fun time with this film but other than that its was just an alright film.

Rating: 6/10

Thank you for reading, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Another Great Ice Age

Author: vivietta5 from United States
15 July 2012

"The fourth installment in the "Ice Age" franchise, "Ice Age: Continental Drift," is the best in the series. It is full of heart, laughter, witty dialogue and is very entertaining. The premise involves our favorite characters Manny (voice of Ray Romano), Sid (voice of John Leguizamo) and Diego (voice of Denis Leary) on a journey to find their way back home.

The movie opens with the ever hilarious Scrat (voice of Chris Wedge) still on the hunt for acorns. His hunt results in triggering the continents breaking apart. In a clever way, the movie teaches children and the audience about plate tectonics which is believed to b responsible for why the continents are spread apart today." To read the full review go to: http://www.canyon-news.com Be sure to like us on Facebook to get all the latest movie reviews at www.facebook.com/canyon.news.la OR Follow us on Twitter @cnewspaper

This is how to spend time with your family!

Author: Henry Yan from Singapore
14 July 2012

The latest installment of the "Ice Age" story is probably one of the best in the series from a visual experience point of view. Even when watching the 2D version, you'll find yourself voluntarily pulled along by the great action sequence. The main story arc is, of course, family. Manny the Mammoth has to deal with issues with his teenage daughter, Deigo, the Sabre Tooth, has to deal with settling down with someone, and Sid the Sloth, has to deal with his cantankerous grandmother, who incidentally, isn't that really cuckoo or loopy as we think! The villains here are an absolute hilarious bunch of societal misfits. The funniest of them all must be the elephant seal. In the final scene where the animals find a new home, look out for a Statue of Liberty at the entrance of the harbour. This conjures up similarities of how the new immigrants must have felt when they sailed to America in the beginning of the last century as their respective homelands were torn apart. It's quite powerful stuff. And of course, if you were wondering how America got its deserts despite having one of most fertile places in the world, its all because of an acorn :)

More fun and adventure in the Ice Age.

Author: Michael O'Keefe from Muskogee OK
14 July 2012

The ICE AGE franchise thrives with CONTINENTAL DRIFT. Ellie(Queen Latifah)is trying to calm down Manny(Ray Romano)as he is experiencing the age gap and trying to understand while protecting daughter Peaches(KeKe Palmer). Sid(John Leguizamo)finds he has real family when he is reunited with his Granny(Wanda Sykes). Hapless Scrat(Chris Wedge) and his continued pursuit of the cursed acorn sets off a world-changing sequence of events triggering a continental drift. In the scurry searching for safety Manny, Sid and Diego are separated from the others as they are set adrift and end up using an iceberg as a ship. They will encounter inept pirates and other obstacles in their way of finding the way back home. I really like this cast of characters better than those in the Madagascar movies. There is plenty of adventure and what seems obligatory mild rude humor; but believe me, no one will go away disappointed. Others lending their voices: Jennifer Lopez, Seann William Scott, Peter Dinklage, Jennette McCurdy, Josh Gad, Nick Frost and Aziz Ansari.

Experience like an amusement park!

Author: budaphin from Los Angeles, United States
12 July 2012

The experience of watching this movie is like spending a whole day in an amusement park. All you get is happiness and excitement. Although it is a slick formula sequel, it is the kind that I am willing to spend my money on and have fun. You probably gonna tell a lot of scenes familiar, which may always be seen in huge Hollywood blockbusters. The 3D effect is gorgeous. The punchlines are brilliant. Some unknown species of mice or squirrels are really really cute. After the campus screening, we got the chance to meet one of the producer, our alumnae from Blue Sky. It's always nice to hear from the creator of a good work.

Page 11 of 14: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]