The British Academy Television Awards 2010

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
9 June 2010

I always look forward to both the BAFTA Television and Film Awards shows, and this one was no different. Hosted by Graham Norton, it gives us all those great television programmes in all the great genres (comedy, documentary, drama, entertainment, news, sitcom, sport) and with all the great stars of the past year, and awards those worthy of the prize. The awards presented included Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Entertainment Performance (Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly for I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! won, Stephen Fry for Q.I., Harry Hill's TV Burp and Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow were nominated), Best Male Comedy Performance, Best Female Comedy Performance, Drama Series (Being Human was nominated), Continuing Drama (EastEnders won - after celebrating 25 years, Coronation Street was nominated - near to celebrating 50 years), International (Family Guy and True Blood were nominated), Factual Series (The Family was nominated), Single Documentary (Katie: My Beautiful Face was nominated), Features (Heston's Feasts and James May's Toy Stories were nominated), Entertainment Programme (Britain's Got Talent won, The Graham Norton Show and Harry Hill's TV Burp were nominated), Comedy Programme (The Kevin Bishop Show and That Mitchell and Webb Look were nominated), Situation Comedy (Peep Show was nominated), YouTube Audience Award (Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor were nominated), Special Award for Simon Cowell and BAFTA Fellowship for Melvyn Bragg. Very good!