IMDb > Wanderlust (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 12 of 14: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

One of the dirtiest Rated R Movies I've Ever Seen

Author: Josh Broudy from United States
24 February 2012

Look, this movie is just not for everybody. I personally liked, but I know a lot of people aren't going to like lots of male genitalia in front of their faces.

George and Linda area New York couple who are extremely poor, as George gets laid off. On the way down to live his brother, the couple stay in a commune named Elysium for the night.

Theere were many positives for this movie. The cast was fantastic, as Justin Theroux was great in his role as the lead hippie. Of course, having a good script helps too. We new it would be a good one from the same guys who wrote Role Models.

Paul Rudd played his usual character. Middle aged, laid back white guy. They gave him some REALLY dirty lines to say. Jennifer Aniston was suited for this Rated R comedy much better than Horrible Bosses. I thought Malin Akerman could have had a bigger part. Alan Alda had a somewhat big part, which I was surprised.

The negatives were that it simply didn't need to be as dirty as it was. Their was some grotesque male nudity that just didn't need to be there, but at the same time, you know what you are signing up for.

Ultimately, this is going to do horribly at the box office. But I'm pretty sure this movie was meant to be some sort of cult classic. It doesn't quite get to that status, but it was an above average comedy.

Wanderlust

Author: Jake Coffey from United States
27 February 2012

So, I saw Wanderlust the day it opened. The trailers, as everyone knows, just looks stupid. But, the movie, being Judd Apatow and all, is not that stupid.

George and Linda move to Atlanta for a better opportunity, until they stumble upon a love commune. Note: Love communes are not nudists communes. Though, there is a nudist.

This movie has a good cast. I thought Justin Theroux was really good as a hippy-ish guy, trying to make Jennifer Aniston love him.

And lets face it, this will be the closest we will ever get to see Jennifer Aniston boobs, okay? So, stop complaining, it will NEVER happen.

Best comedy ever? Hell no. It is not a spectacular movie, but to me, it is just a refreshing movie that you can watch and laugh at after a hard day's work.

Dry humor at its best

Author: estimatedprophet-301-118446 from GA
24 February 2012

I love the humor in this movie, it is very dry with subtle irony mixed in. It is a much better film than many critics have given it credit for. If you enjoyed Wet Hot American Summer, then you are sure to enjoy this one as well. Often, this type of humor can be missed if you take the movie too seriously.

Rudd and Aniston work well together with plenty of other talent in the cast you'll likely recognize. But it is all the secondary characters that really keep this movie interesting. David Wain does an excellent job managing these characters as the movie plot can bring about dramatically different sets and character types.

Awkward blend of sitcom and film

Author: Hollywoodshack from United States
30 July 2012

For those of you who've held out for the DVD like I did and wanted to see what everyone was talking about in the movie, you might be let down. Talking about it is the problem. George gives a long monologue of different ways to have sex with the girl in the commune, and talks her away from him. There were bursts of slapstick toward the end, but it all felt like a TV sitcom for Jennifer Aniston to star in after Friends. I guess they could call the spin off Phoebe's Story in honor of the hip character who liked to play songs on her guitar. I found George's rival for Linda's love, played by Justin Theroux, to be the most vulgar one dimensional villain I've seen in a long time. The other commune members all have the depth of character which looks like they've changed into costume after missing a day eating hamburgers at McDonald's. It was funny like pictures I'd take on a camera you throw away after one use. Nothing stood out worth seeing over again. But the shallow prudish narcissism was uncomfortable and worth repeating about how awful that was: blur blocked topless scenes, etc.

Eh, another Judd Apatow Rom-Com!!!!!!

Author: jaxbubba from THE FARIS REEL on Facebook
12 June 2012

Another "cute" little rom-com for the Judd Apatow Production studios. However, this little film does not possess any of the punch of its predecessors. In this go around, Paul Ruud (George) and Jennifer Anniston (Linda) star was New York Yuppies that have recently lost everything that they own. Forced to depart NYC for financial reasons, George must coward down and accept employment with is older brother (played wonderfully by Ken Marino). En route from NYC to Atlanta, George and Linda stumble upon a hippie run Bed and Breakfast called Elysium, which many would consider a "commune"; however, these inhabitants call an "intentional community". After a fight with his brother, George and Linda flee the confines of modern civilization, and elect to spend a two (2) week trial as commune inhabitants.

The movie is very "cute", it's your typical rom-com layout. Boy has girl, boy loses girl, boy needs to get girl back. However, this film is neither overly funny, nor diabolical in plot. You basically know everything that's going to happen in this film within the first fifteen (15) of the film.

I love the casting, and I will note that the chemistry between Ruud and Anniston up on screen really did work!!!! I really enjoyed the commune leader, Seth (Justin Theroux's character) for ¾ of the film; however, I no way believe that HIS CHARACTER, would ever do what the script called for him to do in this film. And its this last ¼ of the film, that is the most disturbing to watch.

All in all, the film is everything that you have come to expect in your typical rom-com movie. Save your money, and wait for the DVD; and I would recommend watching this film in the comfort of your home. The perfect Saturday Night Chick Flick Movie Date film!!!! PLEASE SEE MORE OF MY REVIEWS ON FB @ "THE FARIS REEL"

you wanna know why you should see this movie OK read this

Author: armanut86 from Ukraine
7 June 2012

I'm going to say this again i watch two movies per day in a year (dvd or cinema)OK so listen carefully if you wanna know this movie worth watching I'm going you tell you"give it a shot but don't expect very much" there is very funny thing or special that I'm keeping seeing in it $ in this year movies naked man and woman oh my gosh seriously,,well you better go and see this one because there are lots of nudity in it which is weird beside all of this its jennifer aniston people and she is always cute ,,well finally i think this movie worth watching but just once i gave you some reason you can go and discover the others thank you for reading these i hope its been useful.

Frequently hilarious fish-out-of water, high-concept comedy; Rudd & Aniston shine

Author: george.schmidt (gpschmidt67@gmail.com) from fairview, nj
12 March 2012

WANDERLUST (2012) *** Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux, Malin Akerman, Alan Alda, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Kathryn Hahn, Kerry Kenney, Lauren Ambrose, Michaela Watkins, Jordan Peele, Linda Lavin, Jessica St. Clair, Todd Barry. Frequently hilarious fish-out-of water, high-concept comedy: dissatisfied NYC Yuppie couple Rudd and Aniston find themselves out-of-luck in The Big Apple and wind up in a hippie-dippy commune in this highly engaging comedy of errors with a fantastic comedic ensemble including Theroux as the group's defacto touchie-feelie ringleader and Marino as Rudd's a-hole bro. Rudd continues to do the side-of-the-mouth sarcasm with elan and Aniston has her juiciest role on screen since "The Good Girl". (DIR: David Wain)

Grief Or Madness

Author: cultfilmfreaksdotcom from Orange County, CA
25 February 2012

How many things can weird, overly-openly-honest hippies do to make an average, city-bred couple feel uncomfortable? Well, about as many things as make the audience uncomfortable – and that's not such a terrible thing if Judd Apatow's producing. This has his signature over-the-top bodily function humor written, drawn and painted all over it. Story centers on Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston who, after both losing their jobs and driving to Rudd's obnoxious money-loving brother's house, happen upon a bed and breakfast harboring the oddest lot of hippies you'll ever experience.

Going far beyond the clichés of pot smoking and artsy-fartsy naval-gazing, these people watch you go to the bathroom, exchange partners, and give birth right on the porch. The residents are too silly to be real, especially Justin Theroux as the picture-perfect bearded leader: a cross between Charles Manson and a game show host.

But this is really about Rudd's constantly shocked reactions to the craziness occurring around him. With an old-school vulnerable nice guy humor the likes of Richard Benjamin, Albert Brooks, and Alan Alda (the latter playing the commune's dazed owner), Rudd has enough charm to rise above a somewhat (if not deliberately) banal script. And while Aniston is, once again, playing herself, she and Rudd make a good couple who happen upon a gratuitous Twilight Zone episode that, while not being very funny, sure isn't boring.

For More Reviews: www.cultfilmfreaks.com

This was hilarious

Author: Steven from Columbus, Ohio
25 February 2012

Wanderlust is a hilarious film with some interesting characters and a funny story. The film stars Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston as George and Linda, a happily married couple who just bought a new studio apartment in New York. After George loses his job and Linda gets passed on by HBO, they reluctantly move to Atlanta to live with George's brother.

On the way there, they stop at what they think is a bed and breakfast place, only to find out that they have stumbled upon a hippie community. After being annoyed about how his brother is treating, George suggests that they go back to the community, where they decide that is where they should be.

The story is a fun one and is well worth the time. Director David Wain, whose previous film was the Paul Rudd/Seann William Scott vehicle Role Models, does a great job of keeping a consistent pace and letting the actors make creative and funny characters.

Out of the supporting the cast, the standout is Justin Theroux as Seth. Alan Alda is a riot as one of the co-founders of the commune. Joe Lo Truglio gets some laughs as a nudist wine maker/novelist. Malin Akerman, Kerri Kenney-Silver, Lauren Ambrose, and Kathryn Hahn all do fine in their roles, but none of them stand out.

Intentional Community gives me hope for a sustainable future

Author: Mandy Creighton from Rutledge, MO, United States
29 February 2012

Wanderlust seemed to depict the consumer culture as a place I want to flee from as well - job I hate, SUV's, cheating husbands, rude children, racist bosses, poor work conditions and plastic neighborhoods with huge houses and no trees. I remember, now, why I gave up my car and house for a tent and bicycle and headed out in search of a more sustainable way of life! The sense of connection, freedom and fun that the two main characters experienced at the commune often felt like a dream life come true. From the nude grape stomping to the huge fruit and vegetable stand to the sense of vulnerability and transparency (though sometimes too much...no doors on the bathrooms? that's a little much!), Elysium Bed and Breakfast seemed like a place I would surely want to visit and would likewise find a lot of inner transformation.

Though the stereotypes got a little old after awhile, as did some of the forced humorous moments, I left the theater feeling refreshed knowing that each of us can do what we love and create the life we have dreamed of. What is your dream? To watch my dream, visit www.withinreachmovie.com, a documentary film about my partner and I on a 6,500 mile bicycle journey to visit and document 100 sustainable communities around the US!

Page 12 of 14: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]