IMDb > Wikus and Charlize (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Wikus and Charlize More at IMDbPro »

Funny.

Author: Voyou Nobodysbusiness from Turkey
13 August 2013

I don't know how to rate this short. I was not even sure what I had just watched at the end. But one thing is sure: that was pretty funny. I chuckled all along.

You may recognise straight away the character and the filming style from the excellent movie District 9. It's also reminiscent of Borat in a way, only with a different, self-derision kind of humor. Basically, a cameraman follows Wikus through Hollywood, in search of successful compatriot Charlize Theron. Apart from the main actor, it's impossible to say if the rest of the cast is aware of what's going on or not.

As it turns out, it's a sketch for some South African music award show.

If you have 4 minutes to spare, watch it.

Unique and fairly entertaining

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
31 July 2015

This is a 4-minute film directed by Sharlto Copley who reprises his role from "District 9". Or does he? It is a bit confusing as Charlize Theron says she saw him on "District 9", so Copley may actually be playing himself. Anyway, here he is off to Theron's house in Hollywood to hand her an award, but he acts like a crazy fan at times which makes Theron pretty quickly feel uncomfortable. Of course this is all acting. Do not believe that she really felt uncomfortable. Oh yeah and there is also a reason why Theron is the one they chose here. Not only is she one of Hollywood's best paid actresses and an Academy Award winner, but she is also a native South African. I really loved "District 9" and this film is a decent little add-on. Not a must-see by any means, but certainly worth to spend 4 minutes. Recommended.