IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 25: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Why is there so much bashing?

Author: drunkndasoul from United States
31 March 2012

K i'd like to start off by questioning, why is there so much bashing going on to Clash of the Titans remake?? yes , there was disappointing in which they should not have changed from the original. BUT it does not make it a bad movie or the fact that the first one had plenty of action and if you ask me a bit of the same dialog as the sequel.Also , i thought the Medusa scene and Kraken scene was amazing in that film.(thats my opinion though) With that said i thought the remake if you look at it as its own movie , was not that bad and completely underrated.

Alright, with that said, the sequel is a def. B+ movie. It has a ton of action in it and yes the plot was not really that focused on as much as it should have been. Do i think the action was senseless? No, majority of the films action was necessary and went with it. (its Greek mythology people-there is tons of key and action points in it) A lot of the CGI was awesome, Chronos looked awesome as well and so did everything else. The story did go off a bit, but it did stay on course of what they were trying to do. I think the only problem i had was Aries and another part but i don't want to spoil. I think Aries was to light and not enough bad ass for me.

All in all i'm not gonna sit here and use a lot of words that people will no understand anyways and try to look like a critic but for those that want a straight answer and rely on reviews as whether to see a movie. I'd say go see this movie, it is very action packed and good Greek mythology mixture.

Neeson and Finnes must have really needed the money

Author: jpaulson-1 from United States
31 March 2012

Let me just say from the get go that I normally love cheesy movies like this! It's light entertainment and often that's all that I need. However, this snorrer is just plain dull. Even seeing it in IMAX 3-D didn't help.

The characters were dull; even the comic relief was dull! The only good notes in the thing was Liam Neeson and Ray Finnes (no surprise there) who have one or two good moments. Kudos also to Bill Nighy who has fun with his now patented goofy wacko character. Otherwise it's hard to have any fun with the rest of them. If Sam Worthington was any more wooden he'd win the Steven Boyd manikin award for acting.

Who wrote this thing and what group of knuckleheads thought it would be a good idea to finance it? Save your money; save yourself. Wait for May.

Awesome & Popping 3D go see it

Author: elliott78212 from United States
30 March 2012

OK as many have said the movie is vastly improved from the first one most notably the 3D here is excellent I was ducking, dodging it was great. The CGI was in a word Dynamic, the Cyclops, Chronos oh how I loved it and I'm a child of Ray HarryHausen Era this movie is a must see. There are so many improvements its hard to tell you all of them without spoiling it so I'm not gonna go there. The acting is much better everyone delivers most of all Sam Worthington's performance has more depth I did miss Gemma Atherton or the appearance of Apollo thats so minor in the greater scheme of things the pacing is perfect I was thrilled from start to finish.

Gods are like Santa when you stop wishing they DIE!!!

Author: liveactionman1 from Australia
31 March 2012

Wrath of the Titans is directed by Jonathan Lebesman, you know the guy who made that god awful 'Battle L.A', Lebesmen has seemed to of caught Transformers syndrome where in the recipe to make a movie he seems to have forgotten the all too important part..a STORY, which since i last checked is quite a important part of a movie.

This movie only seems to exist because the directors thought since they already made a first movie with character development,interactions and relationships that they could skip that and go straight to the action. The only problem with this is that the first movie was completely forgettable, ask anyone what they remember from the first movie and they will say "uurrrm RELEASE THE KRAKEN, and they f-ing killed the kraken to bloody fast", and that's all. The whole movie is based on the fact that when people stop praying to gods they lose their power, and that kind of reminded me of all those bad Santa movies were when children stop believing he would lose his power. Anyways, the story revolves around Sam Werthington's character Perseus, which luckily enough happens to live in a small fishing village just outside where all the action happens. Zeus played once again by Liam Neeson, requests Perseus to help him, because the gods are having a cry that people don't believe in them. As a result of this, Hades (Ralph Fiennes), attempts to steal Zeus' power which for some reason would waken kronos. The only way to stop this from happening YOU GUESSED IT, is to go on a quest to find three fragments that when put together would could stop Kronos, and that's about all I could get before my brain stopped functioning properly.

The movie plays out much like a video game going from one set peace to another, only changing after Sam Werthington has killed something big and loud. He is joined by Toby Kebbell's character Agenor who is there only as comic relief BUT ISN'T FUNNY, and .... okay let me just rant about this for a bit, Rosamund Pike, the only female character in this movie, for no f-ing reason is the leader of a large army, she only exists as a love interest for Perseus, she apart from that contributes nothing to this movie her acting is terrible, and he character is ill- written. And for her army They are merely things to kill for the various monsters that Sam and his merry men happen to bump into on there quest.

Some action sequences are cool I guess, but with no real understanding of why any of this is happening kinda feel deflated. As i watched the movie i began too realise, how much alike this movie is with the 'Immortals' (story wise), and how much I liked the 'Immortals'. The acting was solid, the story while no God Father was decent and the action scenes were so over the top, bloody, balls-to-the-walls fun that even a 90 year old philosophy teacher would shed a smile.

Too summaries, if you want to go watch this movie i suggest going to the store and buying Immortals. It is just superior in every way, thanks for reading.

Decent 3D and visuals, but lacking plot.

Author: Christian_Dimartino from United States
27 March 2012

I just saw an advanced screening of Wrath of the Titans in 3D, and I must give it kudos for it's visuals which are a sight for sore eyes, and it's 3D, which is decent compared to some of the other movies i've seen in 3D.

But what it has in visuals, it lacks in story. Wrath's first problem is that it isn't a Greek Mythology story. Another problem is the fact that it's a made up mythology story that isn't even necessarily a good one.

Perseus(played again by Sam Worthington) is called back to action to save his father Zeus(Liam Neeson) from Hades and Aroes, who are going to give Zeus to Kronos, the big fire guy. So it's basically up to Perseus, Poseidon's son(played by Toby Kebbel) and Andromeda(played by Rosmund Pike) to save him.

I liked the 2010 remake. It was almost the same as the 80's film, but with a vast improvement in visuals. But Wrath isn't anything special. It doesn't really follow mythology, and doesn't really serve a purpose. But it's not that bad. But could have been better.

C+

A Classic Retold

Author: pjbhaumik from United States
1 June 2015

Greek mythology always served as a good backdrop for a predictable Hollywood movie. This myth in particular had little irony or plot twists. The Greek Pantheon enraged a man, and this man rose to the occasion. Social corruption, greed, romance, and power mainly played out obviously except for the sibling rivalry between Zeus and Hades. A lot of the fight scenes could have been treated with slow motion for example the movie "300" combined a lot of slow and fast motion fight sequences. Refrain from any complex dialogue and comedy kept the pace sufficiently fast. There were still larger than life creatures, and the main setting was breathtakingly beautiful.

Wrath of Harryhausen!

Author: Python Hyena from Canada
29 May 2015

Wrath of the Titans (2012): Dir: Jonathan Liebesman / Cast: Sam Worthington, Rosamund Pike, Edgar Ramirez, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes: A far superior film than that remake crap that proceeded it although it still pales in comparison to the 1981 original. This one follows the emerging presence of evil as the gods clash with Hades and his army, which leaves Zeus with his powers draining drastically in an effort to awaken the fire giant known as Kronos. This is an impressive and overwhelming creature that strikes fear into villagers with its charred and fire figure destroying more ground than any forest fire. There are numerous other creatures that enter the chaos that will prevail where the film becomes corny but the climatic showdown packs a mean punch. Sam Worthington redeems himself after the previous spectacle and portrays Perseus the demigod who has a son but must face off new obstacles. Like Lynn Collins in John Carter, Rosamnund Pike plays Andromeda as some sort of warrior in what comes off as some sort of gender joke that becomes forced as oppose to believable. Edgar Ramirez plays Ares, Zeus's other son who is jealous of his affection for Perseus. This results in a strong villain responsible for the chaos as well as provide a worthy adversary for Perseus. Liam Neeson displaying Zeus's weak side may be a mistake but it does bring more emotion to the role. Ralph Fiennes plays Hades but he isn't much more interesting than he was in the pathetic film that proceeded it. Visually superior sequel where the wrath comes from following a piece of crap to begin with. Score: 6 ½ / 10

Epic Sequel

Author: James Wood from United Kingdom
12 May 2015

Mighty and magnificent, Wrath Of The Titans is the ultimate battle against men and Gods, this is a powerful and epic sequel. From monstrous fights with deadly creatures to heart pounding sword fights, the action is fierce and doesn't stop. Sam Worthington returns as Perseus and he is joined by a whole new cast including the gorgeous Rosamund Pike as Andromeda, who really kicks ass.

Toby Kebell and Bill Nighy join in the excitement, and also add humour and a few dark laughs along the way. But who can forget Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. What I love about the first film and this sequel is the brilliant cast. Although the Kronos sequence doesn't feature an epic roar like the Kraken did in the previous film, its still a mighty finale as is the fight between Ares and Perseus. Wrath features some stunning 3D, the action shots are incredible and the pop out moments are insane. I think the best 3D effects are seen in the maze, the depth is astounding and the environment stretches far away. Even simple shots of actors standing amongst backdrops of the Tartarus covered in lava and collapsing structures look breathtaking.

Wrath is a fantastic sequel, I find it just as good as the Clash Of The Titans, except this time around the 3D is so much better and adds to the experience making it so much more immersive.

Really Good, Enjoyable Follow Up To Clash Of The Titans

Author: David Arnold from United States
19 January 2015

Perseus, now living the life of a fisherman with his son, Helius, receives a visit from Zeus informing him the Gods are losing their immortality due to the mortals lack of prayers. Zeus also tells him the walls of Tartarus are crumbling and the imprisoned Kronos will soon be free, but valuing his family's safety, Perseus refuses to get involved. Zeus meets his brothers Hades & Poseidon, along with Ares, Posiedon's son, to find a way to rebuild Tartarus' walls, but instead is attacked by Hades. He and Ares make a deal with Kronos...drain Zeus's power in exchange for remaining immortal. When Perseus learns of this, he is sets out, along with Queen Andromeda, to stop Kronos before it's too late.

Not many sequels better or surpass their prequel, but Wrath of the Titans is one film that does that, and does it well. Oh, and just to inform you...if you're expecting exact accuracy of Greek mythology then you'll be disappointed, but to be honest you're a bit gullible if you DO expect a Hollywood adaptation of Greek mythology to be exact. This is, after all, an Action/Fantasy film...not a Documentary.

Reading some of the criticism this film's received is a bit bewildering with one saying "lacks inspiration or zest in storytelling, performance or action". Lacks action?! Really?! I must have seen a different film because there is action-a-plenty. Anyway, the film may lack real depth for a story, but with a movie like this, I can't really see how it can be a mutli-layered story. It's Greek mythology, not a film adaptation of War & Peace.

The action is excellent and the special & visual effects are absolutely stunning, especially for Kronos, who, thankfully, had more screen time than the Kracken in Clash of the Titans. Some of the acting's a bit wooden but it's still a very enjoyable mythological romp that is FAR better than tripe like Legend of Hercules and John Carter.

Ignore the critics on this one and judge for yourself. You may just be pleasantly surprised.

Land of beards and accents

Author: bowmanblue from United Kingdom
6 December 2014

If you watched the remake of Clash of the Titans then you should know what to expect. I.e. your expectations of its sequel, Wrath of the Titans, should be suitable lowered. And, baring that in mind, you may just enjoy it... may.

After the events in Clash, Perseus has finally succumbed the fashion of the day and let his hair grow out. Sadly his wife has died and he's left to bring up his son alone. However, when your dad is the most powerful God in all Olympus, then adventure is never far away. Zeus, played by Liam Neeson, despite being all powerful... gets taken. Instead of going on a killing spree around Europe he finds himself being chained up in the underworld by his evil (other) son and his evil brother so that they may bring back his evil father to power (Zeus has a lot of evil relatives). Therefore Perseus, being the only man in Greece without facial hair, must rescue his dad before he's turned into Father Christmas (see the make-up on Zeus near the end).

It's nothing new, but it ticks along okay. Every fifteen minutes or so we're treated to another big monster for Perseus to fight. Every character plays their part well enough (and with a different accent - who'd have thought there were so many different accents in ancient Greece? Special mention to Bill Nighy who has the thickest Yorkshire accent in all times past). Perseus is naturally helped out by a tough, hard-as-nails fighting woman (Rosamund Pike) and a cheery comic relief-type character who is the long lost son of Poseidon.

After watching Wrath, I found it hard to actually hate anything about it. It ticks all the boxes. It has action, monsters, a bit of love interest and that's that. However, it just felt like an 'action film by the numbers.' Just like I couldn't think of anything bad to say about it, I couldn't really find anything good to say about it either. It simply exists as a film. When it ended I didn't really feel any emotion at all.

Not a waste of ninety-five minutes, but hardly the best use of my time. Bring back clockwork owls and stop-motion monsters any day!