IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 24: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Wrath of the Titans - 1.5 Stars

Author: Austin Takahashi from Philippines
11 April 2012

You don't have to observe real hard to notice that there's actually just one titan in "Wrath of the Titans". That would be the fearsome Kronos, a monstrous being who can be best summarized as a walking volcano with arms, legs, and a face. In the film's latest moments, smoke, ash and lava violently erupt from his crevices, which is exactly the sight you'd expect from someone who had just risen out from the hellish underworld.

Before we get into anything else, let's do a quick background check. Kronos is the father of Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. Zeus (Liam Neeson) has a son named Ares, who like his father is also a god. Everything seems rather normal until Zeus decides to get in bed with a human. The woman then gives birth to Perseus, a half-god half-human fisherman. So this would make Kronos the grandfather of Perseus? But what about Helius, the son of Perseus? Can he be considered as one-forth god? You know what would have been a lot more interesting than this movie? A documentary about these characters having a family reunion.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/wrath-titans-movie-review/

Unforgivable

Author: Mckenzie William Howells from Britain
7 April 2012

Slaughters the beauty of tales that have been told for millennia in a purely desperate act for box-office success. Disappointment. Consider this a success if you look for action, because that is all you get; there is poor dialogue, a story line (that could have made this a classic) that is told cumulatively within 5 minutes and acting as if it were a love story - You're Demi-Gods, not some lads on holiday looking to beat the thief that stole your dads' wallets (Toby Kebbell) !

Cerberus (guardian of Tartarus) was not even to be seen, even though the unraveling of events took place on his porch! Kronos, the much feared and anticipated Titan who was frequently mentioned baring dread throughout the film, only lasted 5 minutes while free!

This film is a disaster; it controls a masterpiece, and amazingly ripped it to shreds - somehow. Was Jonathan Liebesman trying to sculpt his reputation in the form of Kronos? It's certainly as dead as him after this one. Liebesman could have made a classic; the storyline would have held with a great degree of entertainment for 2:30hrs at least, which would have explained the history of the tales in the film and the purpose of the evil perspective as well as the good, but instead quick action was preferred, or was this because of the incapabilities of Sam Worthington to perform like an actual actor, rather than a hero who knows he's a hero but doesn't live like a hero (idiotic I know) every minute of the film. I mean, where is the substance?!!!

Please do not complete a trilogy, I think some of Greece's ancient tales still live, don't murder them too.

M.W.Howells.

Just Terrible

Author: Beno-17 from Australia
3 April 2012

A friend and I saw this the other week and quite frankly I'm astounded that anyone could rate this higher than 1 out of 10. It is definitely the worst movie I've seen all year, I can only imagine very young children finding it enjoyable and even their mental capacity might be too great for this one.

The characters are unconvincing, Sam Worthington was terrible in contrast to his performance in Avatar and the screenwriter should be taken out to pasture. The worst part is that you never really care about the story or any of the characters at all.

Toward the end we were actually laughing at some of the lines and the direction that the story went! I don't know how Liam Neeson gets involved in this trash! Lets all hope they don't make a third!

Laugh at the Titans

Author: thesar-2 from United States
1 April 2012

On a side note, Wrath of the Titans stars the hunk of a man, Édgar Ramírez, whom I first noticed, albeit briefly, in The Bourne Ultimatum.

That's it. That's pretty much all I have to say positive about this 1970s adventure made with today's technology.

Okay, fine, most of the graphics and cinematography were pretty well done – not the 3D, mind you, which sucked, as usual as of late. And I would be lying if I didn't say, for the majority of the time, I was impressed with the technology. It sure as hell beats the crap out of the first one, the 2010 remake. (God – ironically enough – I remember laughing my arse off at Zeus's Glow-in-the-Dark dress.)

The movie seemed rushed, the script all over the place, the actors bored and confused and the point of the film sprouted in so many directions, even the Titans, themselves, never knew when they were supposed to make their entrance. I'm probably not too far off since this was most definitely rushed into production the minute the remake made some good bucks in its opening weekend.

If you look at the movie from a distance, it would be unfair if I said it was the worst I've seen, this year or any. And even though barely any scene actually worked, or hardly any character was minutely interesting enough to give a more positive review, one could do a lot worse. I say "hardly" as Hades (Ralph Fiennes,) this time, that is, was a bright spot. Go on, give me hell for that one.

Let's see if I can sum up the experience I just had: Fairly weak gods to begin with are now even weaker because despite everyone (in this universe) knows they exist, no one's praying to them. If their power reduces further, bad demons may/may not – depending upon what version you see of this – roam the Earth and that's the end of man/god-kind.

Meanwhile, the so-called powerful god of gods, Zeus (the disappointing Liam Neeson) gets locked up in Hades and his power is needed to release his dad, a baddie of fire and arm motions. Meanwhile, Perseus (the bored Sam Worthington) is trying to keep his incredibly, and unintentionally, hilarious son close while fishing. Meanwhile, he needs to go somewhere to pick up another half god/half loser to venture to get someone to guide them to hell and back while hell comes back on its own.

Oh, and there's a queen, an army and out-there jealousy and hatred. Did I get most of it at least?

Blasted. I forgot the threesome of giant Cyclops that literally looked like enlarged white Shreks on the screen. That…made me burst out into laughter.

The movie is just not worth it. Again, it's not the worst I've seen, it's thankfully short, although it feels longer, and it matches (minus special effects) any 70s throw-way adventure/fantasy sequel you might have grown up with/loved. I wouldn't even wait for home video. Just watch the trailer and know (SPOILER) good prevails.

I saved you money and time. You're welcome.

Lifeless Explosions

Author: Mek Torres from Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
1 April 2012

The 2010 version of Clash of the Titans replaces the magic from the original film to a more epic tone. It suppose to be cool but it spends most of the time explaining things and making some senseless drama. Wrath of the Titans tries to be bigger than the first film. It can be fun, but it gets boring when we go to the characters. The script didn't give any depth or life to them. Some performances saves it but it still feel lifeless. The action is exciting but we don't get much of it and it's pretty shaky in a clumsy way. Wrath of the Titans tends to improve the mistakes, but some of its flaws just got worse.

Weak character development is one thing that troubles most in this series though it's an action film and nobody is here for the characters, but sometimes it kind of enervates the joys of fighting giant monsters and senseless explosions. The cast sort of improves the characters. Sam Worthington may not give his character a lot of personality but his physicality works best. But I still think he is a miscast as Perseus. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are predictably good. Bill Nighy is just delightful to watch.

The action is pretty good but it gets boring when there's not. The film itself is totally lifeless. The action just brought some of it to life. The film still suffers with bad drama and subplots that are definitely unavoidable. The story doesn't make any sense though. The best is the CGI. It makes the movie big and exciting. Excessive explosions and flames is what all action movie lovers came here for. Unfortunately, not all the action were well played. Shaky camera is suppose to bring some momentum but it's too close and it doesn't have a decent shot. There are also pointless fight scenes especially the Minotaur. The monster looks good though. We get to see a lot of awesome giant monsters. The climax here is longer than the first movie. It's all fun but it ends up making no sense. This is usual in action films these days which is sad.

I guess people are going to enjoy this for the action. Greek Mythology fans might find it interesting by the visuals and portrayal of the setting but the story and the script are weak. It could have been so much better but the awfulness of its flaws kind of ruined the enjoyment. It's not entirely bad but it's just unsatisfying and lifeless. It may be action packed and all but it's perfectly bland. Everything has its limits.

Well....Ummm....The Battles Were Cool

Author: BluRayChase from Australia
30 March 2012

This movie is almost identical to its predecessor, albeit a larger emphasis on WOW factor in the fight scenes. If you hated the repetitive mythology references, acting that lacks conviction and emotion and a plot with more holes than a sponge then you will be returning to familiar territory with Wrath Of The Titans.

The casting in this movie, was its biggest downfall. Not a single actor was convincing in their roles. Worthington, at best, was monotone and offered very little emotion in times that needed it. Don't get me wrong, i think he was great in Man On A Ledge. Even Liam Neeson looked like he walked off the set of Grey and straight onto this one :)

The battle scenes, apart from one, are awesome. The two-headed hound wreaking havoc through their shanty town, the trio of Cyclops, the sword wielding demons who are joined back-to-back, are all scenes which keeps the viewer genuinely interested. The Minotaur scene however had garbage lighting and camera work and all you saw was a blur of bodies followed by a "hills have eyes resemblance" face of the dying beast. The final fight scene, saves the movie from a 2star rating. The CGI is nothing short of spectacular, the acting is adrenaline fueled and you start to feel like your there...BUT..then the credits roll....

Lame, i expected a lot more

Author: tommy caldwell from United States
31 March 2012

I registered just to complain about this movie. i waited for ever to see this movie and it sucked big hairy balls!!My biggest complaint is how they led you to believe the people were going to start praying again and get zeus his powers back for a great fight but no the atheist that wrote this movie desided to kill him off. This could have been great, The biggest fight scene went by fast, Even the spartins looked weak and sucky. Man you should Warn people before making movies. I've seen better straight to DVD movies. I gave this movie a 2 because the acting was good and the 3d effects were some of the best. Can't blame the story on them. They worked with what they had.

Neeson and Finnes must have really needed the money

Author: jpaulson-1 from United States
31 March 2012

Let me just say from the get go that I normally love cheesy movies like this! It's light entertainment and often that's all that I need. However, this snorrer is just plain dull. Even seeing it in IMAX 3-D didn't help.

The characters were dull; even the comic relief was dull! The only good notes in the thing was Liam Neeson and Ray Finnes (no surprise there) who have one or two good moments. Kudos also to Bill Nighy who has fun with his now patented goofy wacko character. Otherwise it's hard to have any fun with the rest of them. If Sam Worthington was any more wooden he'd win the Steven Boyd manikin award for acting.

Who wrote this thing and what group of knuckleheads thought it would be a good idea to finance it? Save your money; save yourself. Wait for May.

Don't go and see

Author: asimmy1234 from United Kingdom
31 March 2012

Right lets get too it wrath of the titans gets a poor 3 out of 10 why you my ask the trailer blows you away with action and monsters and stuff.First thing the cast of the film was well pick Liam Neeson as Zeus ( I am a big Liam Neeson) was great and Hephaestus ( Bill Nighy ) was funny he will make you laugh in the film.Main stuff now the visual effects will amaze you in 3d and the 3d is great in this film but now you get the action parts,they where a let down all monster fights last a poor 5-10 minutes long and there's only 4 and the big monster that come at the end ( who has been getting recharged for 90 of the film ) you think he is going to be a big terror to the whole place is that 5 minutes into his terror he dies how by a spear yes a SPEAR. You can read it like a book it that easy.just don't waste your money wait until it comes out on TV. and all the actors for a stupid reason have perfectly white teeth and the female actors have lipstick witch I think they did not have in them day.Wrath of the titans 3/10

The best 3D experience yet and a completion to a tale we've all hoped to find an ending to.

Author: Romal Singh (elromal) from India
30 March 2012

And finally the story continues!

For those of you who grew up watching several reruns of Clash of the Titans (1981), the story of Perseus has always been an incomplete one — so Andromeda is saved, the Kraken destroyed and then what? The Wrath of the Titans answers that question and how! Yes, it's complete chaos in terms of the how the original Hellenistic myths and their portrayals have been mixed up, but at least an attempt is made to satisfactorily complete a cinematic tale that began more than two decades ago — and thank God for that! Wrath of the Titans is a sequel to Clash of the Titans (2010) and outdoes that movie by leaps and bounds. The cast remains the same with Sam Worthington as Perseus; Ralph Fiennes as Hades; Liam Neeson as Zeus; Danny Huston as Poseidon and Rosamund Pike as Andromeda. The new characters to look for are however Édgar Ramírez as Ares; Bill Nighy as Hephaestus; and the talented Toby Kebbell as Agenor, imprisoned thief and demigod son of Poseidon who joins Perseus on his journey. This tale begins a decade or so after the last tale ended. Andromeda is now a queen and Perseus has fathered a son, Helios. A war rages in the heavens and the underworld between good and evil and the gods are extremely weakened by the lack of faith and prayers from the people on earth. Taking advantage of this weakness, a pact is formed between a god and demi-god to take revenge for all the inequalities meted out to them. The plan involves releasing Kronos from the impenetrable prison Tartarus created for him in the underworld by Zeus and the other gods, after the first battle of the Titanomachy. The movie is rich in amazing CGI effects and quite vividly and intricately tells the tale of the increase in power of Kronos as he gains power within Tartarus and unleashes terrifying monsters on earth as they escape from his underworld prison. Quite incomparably the best 3D experience we've seen till date, don't be surprised if you find yourself ducking debris thrown at you from the screen! Perseus is called to action again as Zeus is betrayed and Poseidon killed. The age of the Olympian gods is on the verge of ending and hope lies in the hands of two demi-gods, one Perseus and the other the hilarious, Agenor. Perseus goes to war once again only to save his son Helios and in a wonderful change of events is taught a lesson or two in the journey. Watch out for an amazing gripping narrative stuffed with high-octane action sequences, which simply do not allow you to leave the edge of your seat. Sam Worthington has not changed much from the previous installment, he's still as dull as ever, but the gorgeous Rosamund Pike shows you a side of her as the warrior-queen Andromeda, a side we'd love to see several times again. Édgar Ramírez as Ares is however the true star and stands out even though he's not much of a hero in this tale. Much needn't be said about Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson who do fabulous jobs with the restricted characterisation they are given. The film may not go down in history as a classic and be revisited as much as the 1981 original was, but it's definitely one of the best 3D experiences yet and should be watched on Real 3D or IMAX for the optimum visual pleasure.