IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 26: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

One of the worst movies i have ever seen

Author: Dimitris Zagor from Greece
15 July 2012

Please don't use Greek Mythology to create these bull.... Don't use names from the Greek Mythology to create a story that was never existed. If you want to use the name Perseas make a movie of the real story and not bull shits like this. The best thing i can say about this movie is that is awful.

Nothing to see except effects.

I really like Liam Neeson i thing is one of the good actors. I cannot see him acting to this bull...

If anyone knows the least about Greek Mythology he will laugh with the most horrible movie ever

Great ancient legends made into sausages

Author: andreas-biehl
15 July 2012

After having watched a rather entertaining popcorn remake of the 1981 "Clash of the titans" with Sam Worthington a couple of years ago, I was looking forward to getting a similar fun experience with the sequel "Wrath of the titans". What Hollywood "delivered" instead was most likely the biggest "spoiler" of great ancient legends ever produced. Or as we say here: Greek Myth made into sausages, i.e. an awful blend of different stories into one.

On his "odyssee" to rescuing his godfather Zeus, Perseus teams up with a group of 3 Cyclopes to guide him to Hephaestos - with a bit of good will a reference to Hesiod's Theogony (where Zeus releases three Cyclopes, the sons of Uranus and Gaia, from the dark pit of Tartarus. They provide Zeus' thunderbolt, Hades' helmet of invisibility, and Poseidon's trident, and the gods use these weapons to defeat the Titans). However, here more a way of indulging in CGI rather than telling a story...

Next spoof: Hephaestos, according to the original myth the god of fire, a master smith and due to a lame leg "of grotesque appearance", but a mediator during quarrels of his parents Zeus & Hera; in this movie appears rather schizophrenic while talking to one of his creations - once again the owl of the original 1981 movie.

During Perseus' brawls "filling" the way to Zeus' prison, Perseus also kills the Minotaur in a maze, "complicating" the entrance to Zeus' prison a bit... (Originally the Minotaur dwelt at the center of the Cretan Labyrinth, a maze-like construction designed by the architect Daedalus and his son Icarus, on the command of King Minos of Crete. The Minotaur was eventually killed by the Athenian hero Theseus)....

The peace seeking and emphatic Andromeda Kathrine Heigl was replaced by the "warrior queen" Andromeda Rosamund Pike. IMHO not a good choice, as she appears more to be flirting with Perseus (or Sam? ;)) than actually making us understand and believe the severity of the danger at hand. The goof to give Roman war insignia to supposedly Greek warriors has already been mentioned above...

Edgar Ramirez as Ares - the god of war - known to a wider public so far only by "the Bourne Ultimatum" here fills in an application form as the "new Chuck Norris" for complete lack of expression. A good example as to what the difference between "acting" and "portraying someone" is.

To summarize: definitely a CGI festival but story-wise PAINFUL to watch!

A titan of a headache

Author: Samiam3 from Canada
15 June 2012

Sure it's rather more visually spectacular than Clash of the Titans, and Sam Worthington's performance feels less monotonous, but Wrath of the Titans is a step down in all other categories, and it has the potential to provoke headache.

It seems like the producers have misinterpreted what it was that made the critically panned Clash of the Titans so 'troubled' (to put it mildly). Subsequently, the bulk of its mistakes have not been corrected here, in fact some of them have gotten worse. If Clash of the Titans seemed dumb, you might find the sheer absurdity of this sequel, with its hokey applications of Greek mythology, to be almost unholy.

Worthington was one of the worst things about Clash of the Titans. Arguably one of the most lifeless performances of that year, he has since grown a bit as an actor (a bit). For his second time as Perseus, there seems to be a little bit more merit in him, although the character remains pretty paper thin. Once again, Perseus has little to do but run, ride Pegasus and fight. I have a feeling that we see more of Worthington's stunt man in the movie than we do of Worthington himself.

Director Jonahan Liebesman keeps the audience in their seat by ramping up the spectacle, and to some degree, his efforts are impressive. There are times when Wrath of the Titans looks as daunting and mesmerizing as anything in the fantasy genre, but unfortunately it's also very noisy.

After an expository first fifteen minutes, Wrath of the Titans turns into an over rushed parade of loud action sequences, accompanied by titanic clouds of dust, painfully cheesy dialogue (with lines like "let's have some fun") and confused character motivation.

Yes, there will be people out there who will be entertained by the relentlessness of Wrath of the Titans, but it was too much noise for me.

God of war where are you

Author: yannickmessaoud from Canada
15 June 2012

I have watch half of this movie before leaving the theater, all the time i was there i kept thinking about God Of War 3, Kratos and how amazing a movie based on the video game would have been, instead of that awful movie, where sam worthington bad haircut, and all the worthless stuff happening on screen.

Plain bad and boring movie, that should be avoided. I enjoyed the first movie, it was not better then the first original movie which had a much better story, but not worst either. But the first movie was very well made and they should have kept it at this. This second movie was useless and made for the money.

Just ninety minutes of massive CGI monsters and "epic" battles.

Author: CinemaCocoa from United Kingdom
4 May 2012

The old gods, Zeus and Hades find their powers and influence waning as mortals cease their prayers, and in a desperate act Hades opens the Underworld prison of Tartarus, freeing the titans and their ancient father Kronos. Now every immortal and demigod must choose a side, and Perseus must fight for the mortal life he chose. All this talk of titans being released might remind you of last years Immortals, and there are plenty of similarities (except for Mikey Rourke in a silly hat) only Wrath feels slightly more in keeping with the mythology. Slightly. I was a little saddened how the titans themselves were still underdeveloped or non-existent, the promotional images for Wrath suggested more diversity between them, yet most focus was given to the colossal Kronos battle. Cinematography used that irritating shaky camera once more, making the Minotaur fight a particularly lukewarm experience! The story's surprise focus on Perseus' brother Ares, yes, the God of War, was gratifying and hammered home (no pun intended) the concept of mortal prayers empowering and weakening certain gods. It almost felt like there was underlying subtext at this point!

I could have used twenty minutes more though, to solidify some of the characters further and make it less like one long action sequence. Watching it beside Clash of the Titans might improve this however.

It's not that bad.

Author: arginnon from Budapest, Hungary
4 May 2012

One other thing changed along with the hair of our beloved demigod, Perseus, and that is the composer. Clash of the Titans had a godly soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi, but Wrath, instead of the heavenly horns and "vunderful" violins of the Olympus, utilized the gruesome guitars and killer keyboards of the Tartarus, making a barely bearable background noise for the fight scenes. A film score needs to stand on its own! It's awesome if it can support the scenes in the film, that's what the primary function is, but if no-one wants to listen to it after watching the movie, then it's no good. Just take Star Wars for example.

Clash had a great track by Ramin Djawadi. It had everything: heroic themes, suspense, action and emotions. The filmmakers should've just re-used the score of the first film, if not re- hiring Djawadi. I even found myself playing the old soundtrack in my head over the constant pumping of the beat and it would've worked so much better. Anyway, the movie was fun. Nothing much, entertaining, action packed and a great spectacle. The story and the script weren't very strong, though I didn't expect them to be any good. I saw Clash of the Titans, ya know.

The best thing in Wrath of the Titans didn't last long. I'm talking about Bill Nighy. Him as Hephaistos and the way he performed his role was a delight. Nighy is one amazing actor, godly in every bit (especially in this particular picture), with his entertaining acting and that distinctive way of speech. It was just kinda sad he didn't have bigger role in this movie.

I might be one in a million, but I liked Clash too and I gotta say, in some aspects, Wrath was even better. I don't say that these movies are anything extraordinary, because they're not, but they offer some good entertainment.

Wrath if Worthy!

Author: Mike Munky Coatez from Melbourne, Australia
1 May 2012

As good as the original..

The film though, is far from being a great!

It keeps a good pace with impressive scenes, like the Maze and waiting in the forest for the enemy.

Liam is as powerful as his character and performance as usual.

Voldemort is back to his sinister best..

Our Aussie (well, British born) plays the lead as he should..

My only complaint yet again is only "1" Titan appears like the first movie. They really need to drop the letter "s" in the films.

But still go see it.. I saw in 2D (don't 3D it!)

A massive improvement from it's predecessor!

Author: Anurag-Shetty from India
19 April 2012

Wrath of the Titans continues with the adventures of Demigod & son of Zeus(Liam Neeson), Perseus(Sam Worthington). Following the events of the first movie, Perseus wants to live the quiet & carefree life of a fisherman along with his son. However, Zeus warns him that his brother Hades(Ralph Fiennes), wants to unleash the ancient Titans upon the world. After Zeus is dragged into the underworld by Hades & a traitor it's Perseus' job to save his father & stop the terror of the treacherous Titans. This is the summary of the movie.

A note on the story & the 3D effects. A humongous improvement for the better from Clash of the Titans(2010). You can actually feel the 3D in this one when all the mythical creatures(Cyclops & the likes) come menacingly close to you. The first one though was poorly converted to the 3D format. It was 3D just for the sake of being 3D. Not the case with this one though. Kudos! A note on the performances. Sam Worthington is impressive as Perseus. Liam Neeson & Ralph Fiennes are both brilliant as Zeus & Hades respectively. Edgar Ramirez is menacingly good as Ares. Toby Kebbell as Agenor, Rosamund Pike as Andromeda & Bill Nighy as Hephaestus are effective as well. So, I would like to conclude by saying Wrath of the Titans is worth your time & money. Go for it, in 3D! Yup, I said it.

PS- I'd recommend that you watch the Clash of the Titans(2010) before you watch this.

Just an ordinary part 2

Author: Pat Choi from South Korea
19 April 2012

When making trilogy movie is in fashion, this part II looks just another ordinary one. It is certain that CG has been a lot improved compared with part I, but the narrative is a lot like a cliché, which is seeing how Perseus could beat the insurmountable opponents. The father of the three gods, is a head of monster. Zeus , Poseidon, and Hides fought against their father. What a brilliant idea! That is why myth is attractive.

The movie "Wrath of the Titan" is following the fundamental equation of Greek myth loyally. Overall, this part II movie is a good time-killing, well-made blockbuster.

Quite simple amazing...

Author: fmekhid from London, England
15 April 2012

I have no idea why so many people are knocking these films, maybe when the director focuses more on the origin of the characters and Greek mythology instead of what 'movie-goers' want then at least then i can understand. Honestly Clash of the Titans was a really good film, awesome acting and great CGI, Greek Mythology has A lot of really interesting and amazing things so its a wonder they can encompass it in a 2h film! If you're looking for a story you have to get into to enjoy the film and really intricate character development then maybe this film isn't for you, because quite frankly the only way to describe this film is EPIC. Sometimes you just want to have a good time and be in complete awe to the scale of the action, if you get the chance watch it in IMAX!