IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 25: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Nice movie with awesome action and graphics

Author: Leela Pratyush from India
7 April 2012

Nice movie with awesome action and graphics.But if some one is keen interested in story and good narration of story, then this is not the movie for those. There is no comedy, not a very good plot.But I went for this movie just for the good action and good graphics. I am more than satisfied with what is presented. Also 3D effects are very good in this movie. I like LOR and Matrix series very much and I like this series too unlike Harry Potter ,Twilight,Narnia and Transformers where only one or two parts are good and all remaining are very boring. I am waiting for Avengers eagerly.Also just to mention Hunger games movie was also good. :)

Author: Mckenzie William Howells from Britain
7 April 2012

Slaughters the beauty of tales that have been told for millennia in a purely desperate act for box-office success. Disappointment. Consider this a success if you look for action, because that is all you get; there is poor dialogue, a story line (that could have made this a classic) that is told cumulatively within 5 minutes and acting as if it were a love story - You're Demi-Gods, not some lads on holiday looking to beat the thief that stole your dads' wallets (Toby Kebbell) !

Cerberus (guardian of Tartarus) was not even to be seen, even though the unraveling of events took place on his porch! Kronos, the much feared and anticipated Titan who was frequently mentioned baring dread throughout the film, only lasted 5 minutes while free!

This film is a disaster; it controls a masterpiece, and amazingly ripped it to shreds - somehow. Was Jonathan Liebesman trying to sculpt his reputation in the form of Kronos? It's certainly as dead as him after this one. Liebesman could have made a classic; the storyline would have held with a great degree of entertainment for 2:30hrs at least, which would have explained the history of the tales in the film and the purpose of the evil perspective as well as the good, but instead quick action was preferred, or was this because of the incapabilities of Sam Worthington to perform like an actual actor, rather than a hero who knows he's a hero but doesn't live like a hero (idiotic I know) every minute of the film. I mean, where is the substance?!!!

Please do not complete a trilogy, I think some of Greece's ancient tales still live, don't murder them too.

The best 3D experience yet and a completion to a tale we've all hoped to find an ending to.

Author: Romal Singh (elromal) from India
30 March 2012

And finally the story continues!

For those of you who grew up watching several reruns of Clash of the Titans (1981), the story of Perseus has always been an incomplete one — so Andromeda is saved, the Kraken destroyed and then what? The Wrath of the Titans answers that question and how! Yes, it's complete chaos in terms of the how the original Hellenistic myths and their portrayals have been mixed up, but at least an attempt is made to satisfactorily complete a cinematic tale that began more than two decades ago — and thank God for that! Wrath of the Titans is a sequel to Clash of the Titans (2010) and outdoes that movie by leaps and bounds. The cast remains the same with Sam Worthington as Perseus; Ralph Fiennes as Hades; Liam Neeson as Zeus; Danny Huston as Poseidon and Rosamund Pike as Andromeda. The new characters to look for are however Édgar Ramírez as Ares; Bill Nighy as Hephaestus; and the talented Toby Kebbell as Agenor, imprisoned thief and demigod son of Poseidon who joins Perseus on his journey. This tale begins a decade or so after the last tale ended. Andromeda is now a queen and Perseus has fathered a son, Helios. A war rages in the heavens and the underworld between good and evil and the gods are extremely weakened by the lack of faith and prayers from the people on earth. Taking advantage of this weakness, a pact is formed between a god and demi-god to take revenge for all the inequalities meted out to them. The plan involves releasing Kronos from the impenetrable prison Tartarus created for him in the underworld by Zeus and the other gods, after the first battle of the Titanomachy. The movie is rich in amazing CGI effects and quite vividly and intricately tells the tale of the increase in power of Kronos as he gains power within Tartarus and unleashes terrifying monsters on earth as they escape from his underworld prison. Quite incomparably the best 3D experience we've seen till date, don't be surprised if you find yourself ducking debris thrown at you from the screen! Perseus is called to action again as Zeus is betrayed and Poseidon killed. The age of the Olympian gods is on the verge of ending and hope lies in the hands of two demi-gods, one Perseus and the other the hilarious, Agenor. Perseus goes to war once again only to save his son Helios and in a wonderful change of events is taught a lesson or two in the journey. Watch out for an amazing gripping narrative stuffed with high-octane action sequences, which simply do not allow you to leave the edge of your seat. Sam Worthington has not changed much from the previous installment, he's still as dull as ever, but the gorgeous Rosamund Pike shows you a side of her as the warrior-queen Andromeda, a side we'd love to see several times again. Édgar Ramírez as Ares is however the true star and stands out even though he's not much of a hero in this tale. Much needn't be said about Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson who do fabulous jobs with the restricted characterisation they are given. The film may not go down in history as a classic and be revisited as much as the 1981 original was, but it's definitely one of the best 3D experiences yet and should be watched on Real 3D or IMAX for the optimum visual pleasure.

Chix Chat on Film review: A Titanic smack down.

Author: Emma Dinkins ( from Texas, United States
30 March 2012

The Wrath of the Titans came with action right out the gates of Tartarus. I was a little surprised that the fun began so quickly, but it didn't last. We get this great battle as Perseus (Sam Worthington) faces the Chimera, and then we are taken to school for a Greek mythology lesson. This film does look deeper at the Gods, specifically the relationship of the top brothers. The three major Gods seen in the Clash of the Titans have returned, including Liam Neeson as Zeus. Fortunately, his role is so much more expanded this time around and not completely defined by one catch phrase. Releasing the Titans was exactly what takes place in this story and it is pretty spectacular to witness. Practically every mythical creature ever conceived in Greek mythology was on display and in some battle with Perseus. Since he pretty much lost everyone who fought beside him the last time he now teams up with some new comrades, Andromeda (Rosamund Pike) who is leading the Greek army into battle and Agenor (Toby Kebbell) who is a bit of a scoundrel. The entire film took a very somber serious tone, I kept thinking man this is dramatic. It wasn't until well into the 99 minutes running time that we get some comic relief from Hephaestus (Bill Nighy). The tone lightened up for a minute, then Ares (Edgar Ramirez) makes a really cool entrance and then into the labyrinth we go, which was absolutely stunning. I was very impressed by the special effects in this film. Aside from how realistic all the titans appeared, a few other things crossed my mind, one that I really liked and the other I considered must have been for realism. This series is the first time that I have seen Pegasus as a black beauty, which coordinated very well with how dirty everyone stayed throughout the entire film. In battle who has time for a shower before, 'action'! Good thing Perseus is a demi-god otherwise he would have never survived all the times that he was hurled into a rock or a stone pillar. This story is not plot driven, it's not character driven and with all the different accents in Greece, which were a bit distracting, but if a film could stand solely on the special effects and the realism that you would expect in the chance that you meet a Cyclops then this it that film. It was entertaining, I'm a Greek mythology fan and I give it a green light.

It is worse than Clash of the Titans

Author: Rutegar Strong from Greenland
12 September 2014

I watched original Clash of the Titans as child. It was fun movie with lot of adventure. When I hear new Clash of the Titans was made I became excite and run for cinema to see. It was disappoint. Not terrible but not very good. So Wrath of the Titans release and I think it must be greater than Clash of the Titans! I go to see at local cinema with my mother who is big fan of Liam Neilson. After watching movie mother shake her head. I ask about mothers condition. She say to me she love Liam Neilson as favorite actor and see this movie make her heart heavy. It is like she learned Liam Neilson paid money for secret time with ladies of night. I comfort mother and promise her to study English and make review of this movie! Then others with love for Liam Neilson can understand not to watch! So I do not recommend this movie! Story is not interesting. Effects are too much and not striking. Acting is poor especially of Sam Worthington!

2 of 10 **

'Wrath of the Titans' is horrendous fantasy at its peak.

Author: Dominic LeRose from United States
16 June 2014

Greek mythology is fascinating, and has been used in entertainment for many years. In the sequel to 'Clash of the Titans' called 'Wrath of the Titans' we see Perseus in a troubled situation when he must embark on a journey to the underworld to save his father Zeus from Ares and Hades who cause trouble in the world. This film is absolute garbage. It contains terrible action sequences that are completely rushed, and a plot that is so typical and creative. Not a single actor plays there fantasized characters well at all, and what you'll get is a bunch of people in for a paycheck. The action and visual effects in this film are very typical and serve no purpose in creating an entertaining plot. Director Jonathan Liebesman does nothing unique to make the mythological stories of history come to life in any unique way. Instead he puts pointless action and cheesy dialog to make a fantasy film that is disastrous and boring. Fantasy films need creativity, entertainment, and strength to make them connect with audiences in an exciting way. Putting in fake action and direction that has been used for years to make a quick spring popcorn film just isn't the way to succeed in that category.

where were we?

Author: dragokin
30 March 2014

After the success of Clash of Titans it's been just a matter of time when the sequel would appear. Given the fact that Liam Neeson starred in it made the probability even higher. And as i've expected, in Wrath of Titans we simply see another installment of the same concept.

There is actually nothing major i might tell about the movie since it might be summed up in a couple of words: epic fantasy meets CGI. Oh, it's been based on ancient Greek myths, but this is of minor importance.

Wrath of Titans is just another movie that helps marketing agencies find the right giveaways that come with a children's meal at your local fast food chain.

Messy, Messy, Messy...

Author: zenjunkie from United Kingdom
31 July 2013

What the hell were they thinking of? This film makes 'Clash' look good. Visually, I must say the film is very good - most of the time, although somewhat over the top. BUT... The dialogue is crap. The scripting is abysmal. The actual mythology was all over the place. The writers should NEVER be allowed to script a movie again and be made to work at McDonald's at minimum wage. The characterisation was all over the place, you couldn't care less about any of them. Sam Worthington was way too Aussie. Liam Neeson was just going through the numbers. So for that matter was Ralph Fiennes. Rosamund Pike was emotionless. Cold as a fish. Bill Nighy was, well Bill Nighy - with a very northern accent for some reason. What's with the regional accents? Very mythological indeed! The movie would have worked better with more care given to the dialogue, less modern phrases and treated a bit more classically. I almost expected a rap song to play through the end titles. So, if you want an adventure movie this might work for you. If you want something with a bit of intelligence - give it a miss.

Unnecessary Sequel to Unloved Remake

Author: My_Pet_Mongoose from United States
15 June 2013

Somehow I ended up rating this and the first one the same, though I suppose this one is slightly better. Maybe? I dunno. This series is such a mess it's hard work up much enthusiasm for analyzing it.

But, okay, here we go. I suppose most viewers will have seen the first one and will know what they're in for--so you pretty much have it coming. Your reduced expectations will yet go unmet--or perhaps brushed up against. Brits spout pseudo-Shakespearean dialogue on Mount Olympus/Tartarus as heroes fight their way through a series of bigger and bigger CG monsters. Throw in some heroic sacrifices and some sort of theme about fathers and sons and you've got your movie.

Unlike a lot of reviewers, I can't fault the filmmakers not faithfully following Greek myth. I'd rather judge the movie on its own terms and, unfortunately, it fails to do anything other than deliver spectacle without substance that can be easily packaged for a world audience.

The direction was better than expected, though uninspired. The script strains to get from one action sequence to the next. The technical side competently delivers the spectacle. The labyrinth was kind of neat, as was the walking volcano. But I keep thinking during the climax: "Hey, this looks pretty cool. It'd be really great if I felt something."

The cast is hit or miss. Neeson and Fiennes and Nighy do their things. Rosamund Pike is a nice addition but has nothing much to do. I'm still not sure what produces think Sam Worthington is bringing to these parts? Handsomeness maybe, but can't they find some handsome guy that can do more than vague emoting in a monotone? Someone with star quality or charisma, maybe. When I looked him up on IMDb to see what he's done recently (since I couldn't remember), I realized I saw him just last month in Man On a Ledge. He plays the title character but he'd have been more memorable as the ledge.

Wrath of the Titans

Author: Scarecrow-88 from United States
1 April 2013

Well, I have to say that at least Wrath of the Titans was quick and didn't overstate its welcome. Certainly the story left me dubious: the gods have lost their mojo because the mortals on Earth have quit praying to them. No longer acknowledging the gods, in particular Zeus, weakens them to the point that they're penetrable and killable. There's an underground "prison" that contains the evil, powerful god, Kronos, the father of Zeus and Hades, who will be freed if the powers of the gods diminish. The god of war, Ares, has forged a partnership with Hades to release Kronos and have the Earth to themselves. Hades, to tell you the truth, was just miffed Zeus confined him to the prison to keep watch over fiery pops. Ares is just upset with Zeus because he was partial to half-god/half-mortal Perseus.

Ares, a god, all jealous because his father showed Perseus a bit more attention: you kind of have to be prepared for a storyline and characters that seem designed with little importance other than to service a LOT of special effects. Kronos is this "lava god" and when it is finally released from a volcano, sweeps its arms to and fro decimating the land in front of it. There are even these fighting creatures that seem to create from the lava that falls from Kronos' arms to the ground. The film has plenty of monsters like one-eyed giants, a three-headed, fire-breathing dragon with venomous saliva, and a two-horned beast that greets Perseus when he and his mates descend into the labyrinthine prison designed to keep Kronos in and others out (besides the gods who enter in easily). Poseidon and Hades (along with Ares who is basically a very powerful infantile punk) are the other popular gods who accompany Zeus to give the sequel some clout. You even actually see Zeus and Hades joining forces "to have some fun" as they try to hold Kronos in check while Perseus attempts to fly in winged horse into the heart of the major god using a certain "triple sword" made by a certain craftsman (Bill Nighy, consummate scene-stealer he is…) (Poseidon's triton, Hades' spear, and Zeus' lightning bolt) who was also responsible for the underground prison. You have Poseidon's son, a thief and vagabond who has never lived up to expectations (he's considered a disappointment), found in the prison of Andromeda (played this time by Rosamund Pike, getting to participate in a lot of action), leader of a great army hoping to fend off Ares and Kronos the best they can. Andromeda and Poseidon's son, Agenor (Toby Kebbell) will accompany Perseus (Sam Worthington) on their destination to rescue the imprisoned Zeus (attacked by Ares viciously), too weak to escape on his own, his power being drained by Kronos without Hades (Ralph Fiennes, not mining the cold-blooded villainy he can typically muster even while sleepwalking through a role) helping his brother. Ares (Edgar Ramirez) and Perseus duke it out a few times (as Andromeda and Agenor come at him with intentions of besting him and not succeeding, along with other soldiers…), with the latter often on the bad end of a good throttling. This time Perseus has a son, Helius, he aims to protect and father, but not without (no surprise here) Ares using the kid at the end to get under the skin of his brotherly rival. There just wasn't much heavy lifting intellectually going into the script; it is designed to cater to an audience who doesn't want to dwell on dialogue, narrative of any heady consequence, or multi-faceted characters. Almost from the get-go, the film has Perseus having to scurry about his seaside village hoping to find a way to kill the dragon destroying whatever is in its path. Then Zeus is captured and raped of his god powers while Hades slowly becomes guilty and sorrowful of his participation in it. Soon Hades sees the errors of his ways and tries to combat Ares who seems just as strong as his elder gods. Gods reduced to humans seemed rather odd to me; I had a hard time imagining Zeus could be so reduced. It is ultimately about a son rescuing his father and embracing a side of him he hadn't quite appreciated or admired that much before, handy when in battle with a brother who is angry and bitter, with an ax to grind. Worthington ably and athletically does as his hero role demands, playing to the special effects screen when required, occasionally moving about exteriors as needed. I guess you could look at this similar to Jurassic Park III, in that Wrath is an overproduced 90 minute popcorn movie made to excite audiences not looking to be fed intellectually.