IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 19 of 25: [Prev][14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Lame, i expected a lot more

Author: tommy caldwell from United States
31 March 2012

I registered just to complain about this movie. i waited for ever to see this movie and it sucked big hairy balls!!My biggest complaint is how they led you to believe the people were going to start praying again and get zeus his powers back for a great fight but no the atheist that wrote this movie desided to kill him off. This could have been great, The biggest fight scene went by fast, Even the spartins looked weak and sucky. Man you should Warn people before making movies. I've seen better straight to DVD movies. I gave this movie a 2 because the acting was good and the 3d effects were some of the best. Can't blame the story on them. They worked with what they had.

Don't go and see

Author: asimmy1234 from United Kingdom
31 March 2012

Right lets get too it wrath of the titans gets a poor 3 out of 10 why you my ask the trailer blows you away with action and monsters and stuff.First thing the cast of the film was well pick Liam Neeson as Zeus ( I am a big Liam Neeson) was great and Hephaestus ( Bill Nighy ) was funny he will make you laugh in the film.Main stuff now the visual effects will amaze you in 3d and the 3d is great in this film but now you get the action parts,they where a let down all monster fights last a poor 5-10 minutes long and there's only 4 and the big monster that come at the end ( who has been getting recharged for 90 of the film ) you think he is going to be a big terror to the whole place is that 5 minutes into his terror he dies how by a spear yes a SPEAR. You can read it like a book it that easy.just don't waste your money wait until it comes out on TV. and all the actors for a stupid reason have perfectly white teeth and the female actors have lipstick witch I think they did not have in them day.Wrath of the titans 3/10

Why God? Why?

Author: Pycs from United States
30 March 2012

'Clash of the Titans,' which graced silver screen in April of 2010, was reviled by critics and fans of the 1981 original a-like. The script was a mess and the converted 3-D looked, well, converted. It'd only make sense that such a travesty was met with poor results at the box office?Nope. 'Clash' was one of the highest grossing movies of 2010 and, inevitably, launched a sequel in the hopes of duping a few more simple minded people into making a buck.

Now, to clear things up, I had not seen the 2010 version, and don't plan on it based on what I've heard. So I went into this sequel without much of a back story. This shouldn't ruin my movie-going experience, as I had seen movies like 'Terminator 2' and 'Aliens' without viewing the originals beforehand.

The story was a mess. Plot elements didn't add up or happened too conveniently. Characters traveled places that weren't well explained (sometimes barely at all) and I was often left scratching my head, wondering where they were or how they got there. Most of the plot points that I felt perplexed on, I figured it was because I hadn't seen the first film. But these moments kept repeating while I was watching it, until I finally gave up all thought of making sense of the story.

Nothing irritates me more than clichés piling up and, oh boy, did this movie have it's share. Perseus (a dull Sam Worthington, which is a nearly a cliché in its own right) has left his heroic days behind and become a fishermen in a local village. Of course, just like every other story ever written, the would-be pacifist is called back into arms for the greater good. And, what's that? There's a child as well! His son! How convenient! But I doubt they'll us him in the climatic fight, as a emotional weakness for the bad guy to exploit. That would never happen! Oh, and the over-the-top hostile, misunderstood criminal at the beginning story is magical transformed into a hero by the end. How creative!

The more I think about this movie, the more my anger swells inside me, like a hurricane of hatred being forged in the deep depths of the ocean, ready to explode into a fury of rage and destruction over all in it's path. So, I'll leave it as this, if you somehow (and I use that term very lightl) enjoyed the 2010 'Clash of the Titans,' you might want to check this turd out. Other than that, don't waste your time or money on this pile of junk.

awful tripe

Author: Gareth Critchfield from United Kingdom
14 November 2014

I thought Battleship was pretty awful, but then i chanced seeing this! Fortunatley it was free via amazon but honestly i couldn't even watch it all. So many good actors who frankly i would like to say sold out, but in truth what do they care they get paid a fortune so can't blame them i guess. Terrible terrible script, and possibly the most tedious film i have seen in ages. I have avoided transformers after the first as i guessed they would be just as tedious. Seriously how many battles do you need to see against a seemingly impossible foe to then get defeated by the most stupid means until you fall asleep. Every foe is like an end of level bad guy in old school computer games but at least you could decide to just die and end it all by your own actions, whereas here you are dragged through a hundred more pointless fights that all end the same way.....

Terrible abuse of a great great story, albeit not anything like what ever written and there is good reason for that. How the hell did this even get on film? Well obviously as its another mindless director and producer backed by financial big shots that don't care one bit for film but see this as another way to pocket millions.

Seriously one of the worst films i have seen and shame on them all. tripe

Feel that wrath, err, where?

Author: Spikeopath from United Kingdom
18 May 2013

Wrath of the Titans is directed by Jonathan Liebesman and written by Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson. It stars Sam Worthington, Rosamund Pike, Bill Nighy, Edgar Ramirez, Toby Kebbell, Dany Huston, Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson. Music is by Javier Navarrete and cinematography by Ben Davis.

After the financial success of their remake of Clash of the Titans, it was inevitable that Warner Brothers would usher out a sequel. Amazingly it happens to be better, though that is not really a guide to quality since the first film was so distinctly average.

This time the story actually has a story instead of an excuse to just throw an action scene after another action scene, and Worthington has had a haircut that at least passes for Greek mythology times! In fact the production design all round is much better. Though again, it didn't take much to improve...

However, it's all very sluggish in execution, the director unable to garner dramatic suspense as we wait for the beasties and baddies to offer up their challenges. At times it feels exactly like it is what it is, a cash cow being milked to death, where even great thespians like Neeson and Fiennes have that look about them that says "this one is paying for my new Rover next week".

That the film does exactly what the paying customers expect, you know – lots of machismo, bangs and crashes and CGI tomfoolery – is no reason to beat it down, but you would think the studio would want a bit more adventure for their bucks? To maybe entice new film watchers interested in the fantasy genre? Sadly that isn't the case.

Still, I have been in lust with Rosamund Pike since forever, so her being prissy in this works well for me. Bill Nighy and Toby Kebbell are bright spots in amongst the beards and skirts, while Pegasus and Cyclops are joyously bought to life for our beady eyes to feast on. 5.5/10

If you thought the first movie was bad!!!!........

Author: paskie-412-311504 from United Kingdom
2 July 2012

Wait till you get a load of this!! I really don't know where to start!! BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

The IMDb ratings system should seriously be regraded based on this film alone. Other '1 star' movies don't deserve to be categorised with this steaming $*^ *&**%&$!!!!

I too went into this with low expectations but was suckered in by the marketing team who incidentally deserve the most stars for making this turkey look like a movie worth spending the price of the cinema admission.

The Spear of Triam!!!

Need I say more?!

Better than its rating

Author: jmberkland from United States
1 July 2012

I went to rent this from DirecTV.com and its overall score was 2/5 stars. I almost didn't rent it because of the poor review, and then remembered how the Denzel Washington starring John Q fared so poorly at its initial release in terms of how it was reviewed by critics and how it ended up being a tremendously inspiring movie.

We went ahead and rented "WRATH" and within 20 minutes we all agreed it was already faring better than a 2/5 type of movie.

The enemies were visually perfection-like, the action was continuous, and there were some "spoilers" i don't want to name but the climax has some team-ups that just make the movie epic and memorable.

If you liked "CLASH" I think "WRATH" can pass your expectations

'Wrath of the Titans' surpasses its predecessor and offers a fresh story

Author: ersinkdotcom from United States
30 June 2012

After my utter disappointment in the "Clash of the Titans" remake, I didn't know what to think of its sequel. I felt like I could be a bit more forgiving of "Wrath of the Titans" because it was a sort of fresh start unlike the senseless retooling that was its predecessor.

Thankfully, "Wrath of the Titans" did provide haters of the remake a jumping-on point to give this new tale of Perseus a chance. I choose to think of this movie as a sequel to the original 1981 movie. I know it seems ridiculous, but it's what I have to do to come to grips with this follow-up.

"Wrath of the Titans" Blu-ray is perfect for fans of Greek mythology and fantasy films. The movie itself is a step above the "Clash of the Titans" remake. It's full of action and the special effects are effective.

Return of the Titans

Author: Sean Jump from United States
28 June 2012

Wrath of the Titans, which of course is a sequel to 2010's Clash of the Titans, is one of those rare examples of a follow-up which is superior to the original. The plot is still very much secondary to the action and special effects, but the screenwriters at least take the basic ideas from Clash in some novel directions, while likewise bringing certain aspects of the Perseus myth back into line with the classic story both movies are based upon.

As Wrath of the Titans opens, the god Zeus (Liam Neeson) visits his half-human son Perseus (Sam Worthington) to seek his help. It seems that people have turned away from the gods, denying them the worship that feeds their immortality. Given the fickle nature of the Greek gods, this may not sound like such a bad thing, but there is a catch: as the gods lose their power, so too do the walls of Tarterus, the underworld prison where the most powerful of the titans, Kronos, is chained. If Kronos escapes, the entire world could be destroyed by his vengeance.

It's an epic plot, and one the film more often than not manages to live up to. The special effects are incredible, and the various mythological creatures that the script calls for are brilliantly realized in all their glory: fire-breathing chimeras, multi-armed demons that mow through ranks of human soldiers like buzzsaws, giant one-eyed Cyclopes, the beautiful flying horse Pegasus, and of course the massive Kronos, a walking maelstrom of volcanic wrath.

The cast isn't half bad, either. Worthington is given a much more sympathetic version of Perseus to play this time, as opposed to the sometimes annoying, self-righteous youth he portrayed in Clash of the Titans. Perseus is a bit more mature now, as is only befitting since he is now a father. Young John Bell acquits himself honorably as Helius, Persus's son, while Ralph Fiennes reprises his role of Hades, Zeus's scheming brother, with obvious relish. Bill Nighy and Edgar Ramirez join the cast as Hephaestus and Ares, respectively, with Rosamund Pike replacing Alexa Devalos as Andromeda, whose relationship with Perseus hints at turning full circle despite the platonic friendship established in the previous film. It's a surprisingly well-acted film, and the script takes advantage of Perseus's own paternal love for Helius to explore his strained relationship with Zeus to good dramatic effect.

Generally better written, acted, and plotted than Clash of the Titans, Wrath of the Titans takes the formula from its predecessor and improves upon it in most respects. Though not as good as last year's Immortals (for my money the best movie derived from Greek mythology yet produced), Wrath of the Titans is a highly entertaining fantasy showcase.

This movie was spectacular...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
16 June 2012

I found the 2010 "Clash of the Titans" to be adequate, but this 2012 "Wrath of the Titans" far outshines the first movie. So chances are if you enjoyed "Clash of the Titans", then you will definitely love "Wrath of the Titans".

The story was more thought through in "Wrath of the Titans" compared to "Clash of the Titans", and there was a profound more depth to the storyline and the events that was portrayed. It is not really a story that requires much thinking from us as viewers, it is basically just sit back and enjoy the ride. Perseus (played by Sam Worthington) is living with his son Helius (played by John Bell) after his wife died. Mankind have stopped praying to the gods and that is about to bring about a cataclysmic event, as the deities are trying to awaken the father of gods, Kronos. It is up to Perseus, Agenor (played by Toby Kebbell) and Andromeda (played by Rosamund Pike) to stop the end of days. Along the way they get help from the eccentric Hephaestus (played by Bill Nighy).

Something did puzzle me, was why people in ancient Greece spoke with a very distinct British accent, well most of them did anyway. That was just a little bit odd. But of course, this being a massive Hollywood production, they had to speak English and not Greek. Just saying that Greek would have added much more authenticity to the movie.

The CGI effects in "Wrath of the Titans" were off the charts. I enjoyed this movie from start till end, especially because of the CGI effects. But also the details and touches the production staff had added into almost every single scene. Lots of really nice details to be seen here and there. The cyclops were really awesome, and they were brutal and savage, but also had a gentler side to them, which was interesting to see. The chimera that ravaged Perseus's village was also really nicely made; very aggressive and destructive, and once you got to see the creature up close and personal, there was a lot of great touches in details on it. Then speaking of Kronos, well his manifestation was amazing, as a huge molten lava/rock elemental, that looked just amazing.

In my opinion, then the acting was really nice as well, and they had put together a great cast of well-talented actors and actresses. However, the ones that put on the most memorable performances and carried most of the movie (acting-wise) was Liam Neeson (playing Zeus) and Ralph Fiennes (playing Hades); they were just spectacular in their roles.

"Wrath of the Titans" is a great action movie from start to end, and all the amazing CGI really helps the movie along quite nicely. This movie is just pure testosterone and clearly aimed for a guy audience.

If you enjoyed "Clash of the Titans" then you owe it to yourself to sit down and watch "Wrath of the Titans", because it just that much better.