IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 18 of 25: [Prev][13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Better than the first but barely worth watching

Author: mungflesh from London, England
1 April 2012

I enjoyed this marginally more than Clash remake but that really doesn't say much.

It's plenty more of the same here: disingenuous re-branding of Greek mythology in a mainstream-friendly format.

Sam Worthington outdoes himself in this one, as the most bland lead actor of all time - including even Bill Paxton. The FX are BIG but what exactly does that do for a film? Hot air balloons are big too. I saw this in 2D (thank goodness), which might have been the saving factor. 3D is such a headache and blurry irritation, that the already blurred and hyperactive monster animations would have been a mess.

The only thing that saves this movie from being utter **** is the promise of some big fiery guy (Chronos) being unleashed to wreak havoc. When he does, it is a bit of a disappointment but not too bad.

I saw this with my 6 year old son. Not recommended for adults.

The summer has begun

Author: Raghav Gupta
1 April 2012

its summer time.. the critics would now have their bashing pens ready to dismiss any attempt to entertain. i however have my popcorn n soda ready and want to sit back and enjoy things blowing up. OK so i'd read a few reviews and seen a few ratings for this movie before going for it. was forced to go really after the sad reviews. expected it to be as bad as its predecessor. was i wrong. this movie is brilliant in your face action. some story in the middle. enough to keep things connected. its sad when people go for movies like these expecting a masterpiece like 'the godfather'. hey if stupid action movies are not your thing then please don't go for such movies. let people like us who watch movies to be entertained and not give us a lesson on life watch them. i especially loved the 3D in this movie. a lot of times i come out of a 3D feeling dizzy and ripped off. but not this time. the scenes in the underworld are too damn cool in 3D. not to mention the awesome demons from the chimera to the cyclopses. and please respect the premise of the movie and enjoy it rather than thinking "why did he do this and not that?" "how does this work?" "gods can die?". so go watch this movie if u want to enjoy a no brainer full blown action film. else wait for titanic 3D next weekend.

my first review. thanks for reading. :)

Medusa's revenge: A decapitated action packed thriller.

Author: deltafire1972 from United States
30 March 2012

Disclaimer: This review will not be one of the traditional ones. But following it closely you will see why I set it this way.

Ah beautiful Medeusa. How dreadful you lost your head the last movie. Your spirit and body however live on. This movie is dedicated to you in many ways.

Let's start with the body. Slender, sleek, muscular, full of action, little drama, and lots of lean muscle tone. The action scenes were done pretty well on the battles. The movie begins 10 years after the battle with the Krakken. In that time, it appears the Gods have been overthrown and Olympus has fallen. The only titan, besides Chronos (and i say that literally)is one two-headed manticore. There are others alluding to Chimera, but past that, most of the war happens underground.

Hades and Ares join forces, overthrowing Zeus and killing Posiden. Ares apparently is deeply resentful of the love Zeus shows to Perseus. Like the jealous older brother, he sees releasing Chronos as the ticket to his revenge. After Posiden is killed, they kidnap Zeus and begin using his power to release Chronos. The only way to kill Chronos is by uniting the three weapons forged by Hephaestus.

Perseus is joined by a second demi god Agenor (posiden's son), and Hephaestus, in their attempt to enter the underworld. After a fierce battle with ares at the doorway to the underworld, Hephaestus is killed while buying time for Perseus and Agenor to escape.

Once in the Underworld, they encounter Zeus, and in trying to free him, Zeus is mortally wounded by Hades' pitchfork, which was lost in a fight with ares. The lightning bolt had been stolen by Ares, with Posiden's trident given to Perseus before he died.

Now we come to the tail of this story. In the final battle, Perseus kills Ares and takes the lightning bolt, completing the spear. Hades has given Zeus his last energy in an attempt to save him, but in the battle with Chronos, he falls mortally wounded a second time, leaving Hades the only brother left alive. Hades has no more power and being the last God showing, leaves the earth in the hands of Perseus. This sets up the third movie and who knows what will happen.

Now we come to the head. Ah yes remember the head? In this case the head is the introduction of the movie, filling in people on what happened that made Olympus fall. It also lacks a baseline plot and structure. Movie goers are left to make up their own impressions. As for the "wrath of the titans," if you count the two headed sword things at the end of the movie and one manticore, they are non-existent. We were expecting to see a battle between the gods and the Titans, with mortals fighting in the fray as well. That of course was not what was shown. That portion of the movie, the head is why this one falls short of expectations.

Overall, great movie, but needed a lot more storyline and development of the plot. Hence the analogy to Medeusa, a body and a tail. The head is lost to the seas. This should be a lesson to the movies that follow. Don't lose your head.

Just Terrible

Author: Beno-17 from Australia
3 April 2012

A friend and I saw this the other week and quite frankly I'm astounded that anyone could rate this higher than 1 out of 10. It is definitely the worst movie I've seen all year, I can only imagine very young children finding it enjoyable and even their mental capacity might be too great for this one.

The characters are unconvincing, Sam Worthington was terrible in contrast to his performance in Avatar and the screenwriter should be taken out to pasture. The worst part is that you never really care about the story or any of the characters at all.

Toward the end we were actually laughing at some of the lines and the direction that the story went! I don't know how Liam Neeson gets involved in this trash! Lets all hope they don't make a third!

Laugh at the Titans

Author: thesar-2 from United States
1 April 2012

On a side note, Wrath of the Titans stars the hunk of a man, Édgar Ramírez, whom I first noticed, albeit briefly, in The Bourne Ultimatum.

That's it. That's pretty much all I have to say positive about this 1970s adventure made with today's technology.

Okay, fine, most of the graphics and cinematography were pretty well done – not the 3D, mind you, which sucked, as usual as of late. And I would be lying if I didn't say, for the majority of the time, I was impressed with the technology. It sure as hell beats the crap out of the first one, the 2010 remake. (God – ironically enough – I remember laughing my arse off at Zeus's Glow-in-the-Dark dress.)

The movie seemed rushed, the script all over the place, the actors bored and confused and the point of the film sprouted in so many directions, even the Titans, themselves, never knew when they were supposed to make their entrance. I'm probably not too far off since this was most definitely rushed into production the minute the remake made some good bucks in its opening weekend.

If you look at the movie from a distance, it would be unfair if I said it was the worst I've seen, this year or any. And even though barely any scene actually worked, or hardly any character was minutely interesting enough to give a more positive review, one could do a lot worse. I say "hardly" as Hades (Ralph Fiennes,) this time, that is, was a bright spot. Go on, give me hell for that one.

Let's see if I can sum up the experience I just had: Fairly weak gods to begin with are now even weaker because despite everyone (in this universe) knows they exist, no one's praying to them. If their power reduces further, bad demons may/may not – depending upon what version you see of this – roam the Earth and that's the end of man/god-kind.

Meanwhile, the so-called powerful god of gods, Zeus (the disappointing Liam Neeson) gets locked up in Hades and his power is needed to release his dad, a baddie of fire and arm motions. Meanwhile, Perseus (the bored Sam Worthington) is trying to keep his incredibly, and unintentionally, hilarious son close while fishing. Meanwhile, he needs to go somewhere to pick up another half god/half loser to venture to get someone to guide them to hell and back while hell comes back on its own.

Oh, and there's a queen, an army and out-there jealousy and hatred. Did I get most of it at least?

Blasted. I forgot the threesome of giant Cyclops that literally looked like enlarged white Shreks on the screen. That…made me burst out into laughter.

The movie is just not worth it. Again, it's not the worst I've seen, it's thankfully short, although it feels longer, and it matches (minus special effects) any 70s throw-way adventure/fantasy sequel you might have grown up with/loved. I wouldn't even wait for home video. Just watch the trailer and know (SPOILER) good prevails.

I saved you money and time. You're welcome.

Lifeless Explosions

Author: Mek Torres from Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
1 April 2012

The 2010 version of Clash of the Titans replaces the magic from the original film to a more epic tone. It suppose to be cool but it spends most of the time explaining things and making some senseless drama. Wrath of the Titans tries to be bigger than the first film. It can be fun, but it gets boring when we go to the characters. The script didn't give any depth or life to them. Some performances saves it but it still feel lifeless. The action is exciting but we don't get much of it and it's pretty shaky in a clumsy way. Wrath of the Titans tends to improve the mistakes, but some of its flaws just got worse.

Weak character development is one thing that troubles most in this series though it's an action film and nobody is here for the characters, but sometimes it kind of enervates the joys of fighting giant monsters and senseless explosions. The cast sort of improves the characters. Sam Worthington may not give his character a lot of personality but his physicality works best. But I still think he is a miscast as Perseus. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are predictably good. Bill Nighy is just delightful to watch.

The action is pretty good but it gets boring when there's not. The film itself is totally lifeless. The action just brought some of it to life. The film still suffers with bad drama and subplots that are definitely unavoidable. The story doesn't make any sense though. The best is the CGI. It makes the movie big and exciting. Excessive explosions and flames is what all action movie lovers came here for. Unfortunately, not all the action were well played. Shaky camera is suppose to bring some momentum but it's too close and it doesn't have a decent shot. There are also pointless fight scenes especially the Minotaur. The monster looks good though. We get to see a lot of awesome giant monsters. The climax here is longer than the first movie. It's all fun but it ends up making no sense. This is usual in action films these days which is sad.

I guess people are going to enjoy this for the action. Greek Mythology fans might find it interesting by the visuals and portrayal of the setting but the story and the script are weak. It could have been so much better but the awfulness of its flaws kind of ruined the enjoyment. It's not entirely bad but it's just unsatisfying and lifeless. It may be action packed and all but it's perfectly bland. Everything has its limits.

Worts Movie ever: The movie has mediocre actor's performance, Slow and boring, mediocre Costume Design, I felt like I was watching an old Jesus Christ movie.

Author: sumacasu2010
31 March 2012

The movie has mediocre actor's performance, Slow and boring, mediocre Costume Design, I felt like I was watching an old Jesus Christ movie. Is incredible how the movie industry release such a bad quality product. I was insulted paying $35 per couple to see this. It not worth it!. The way they put the story is a simple fight between two brothers, I prefer to watch days of our lives than this movie. The Story does not have consistency and continuity, also the vocabulary used in the scripts is not congruent or match with the age you are trying to evoke. In conclusion, poor dialog quality, the best performance was Liam Neeson ans still it wasn't his best, the gay from avatar out of context, not worth a comment, because was really BAD!!!!!!

Worthy of a good time

Author: pozzible from United States
30 March 2012

Wow, I love it when Hollywood surprises me. Wraith of the Titans was a good movie, not great, not epic but good. Sam Worthington is much better in this movie, usually very stiff, he is definitely learning to express himself better. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are awesome as always, and their own story line was great. Now Rosamund Pike was under used however she did a great job, I just wanted more of her, who wouldn't? (wink)

The story is good, straight forward and the special effects are great. I saw this in 2D and didn't think I lost anything, might see it in 3D. The main difference here as opposed to Clash was the characters were much more lively, more interesting and more enjoyable to watch. Toby Kebbell does an excellent job of keeping the mood light and funny, making this a very entertaining ride.

Well....Ummm....The Battles Were Cool

Author: BluRayChase from Australia
30 March 2012

This movie is almost identical to its predecessor, albeit a larger emphasis on WOW factor in the fight scenes. If you hated the repetitive mythology references, acting that lacks conviction and emotion and a plot with more holes than a sponge then you will be returning to familiar territory with Wrath Of The Titans.

The casting in this movie, was its biggest downfall. Not a single actor was convincing in their roles. Worthington, at best, was monotone and offered very little emotion in times that needed it. Don't get me wrong, i think he was great in Man On A Ledge. Even Liam Neeson looked like he walked off the set of Grey and straight onto this one :)

The battle scenes, apart from one, are awesome. The two-headed hound wreaking havoc through their shanty town, the trio of Cyclops, the sword wielding demons who are joined back-to-back, are all scenes which keeps the viewer genuinely interested. The Minotaur scene however had garbage lighting and camera work and all you saw was a blur of bodies followed by a "hills have eyes resemblance" face of the dying beast. The final fight scene, saves the movie from a 2star rating. The CGI is nothing short of spectacular, the acting is adrenaline fueled and you start to feel like your there...BUT..then the credits roll....

Lame, i expected a lot more

Author: tommy caldwell from United States
31 March 2012

I registered just to complain about this movie. i waited for ever to see this movie and it sucked big hairy balls!!My biggest complaint is how they led you to believe the people were going to start praying again and get zeus his powers back for a great fight but no the atheist that wrote this movie desided to kill him off. This could have been great, The biggest fight scene went by fast, Even the spartins looked weak and sucky. Man you should Warn people before making movies. I've seen better straight to DVD movies. I gave this movie a 2 because the acting was good and the 3d effects were some of the best. Can't blame the story on them. They worked with what they had.