IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 17 of 25: [Prev][12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Boring waste of money

Author: Abdel Gulabkhan from United Kingdom

This film is so bad, it is at least 10 times worse than the first one

i hoped this film would be fantastic because the trailer was amazing, however the film is a mess, the actors are rubbish, the script is useless, the directing is a shambles.

A very boring film

To see that 1340 people have given this 10/10 , 42% of people.

This shows there is something very wrong, this film is at best 3/10, but realistically it is 1/10 you have to have no intelligence to watch this drizzle, maybe if you are 5 years old you might like it

Avoid at all costs, the movie is nothing like the great trailer!!!

What can i say? I'm a sucker for Greek Mythology...

Author: drew_atreides from Ontario, Canada
31 March 2012

I enjoyed this one in a Saturday Matinée-sorta way..

The set-pieces are epic, the creatures imaginative, and the FX pretty spectacular.

The acting is a bit wooden, especially from Sam Worthington whose entire performance seems to be rasping breathlessly and bleeding a lot, but the supporting cast pick up the slack (especially the always reliable Bill Nighy.)

I wouldn't recommend seeing it in 3D, although i do have to admit there were 2 or 3 shots that were actually pretty effective.

Still, not gonna miss much if you go for the 2D.

I enjoyed the original Clash, as well as the remake. This one will find it's way onto my DVD/BLU-RAY shelf as well.

A 3D Spectacle filled with amazing action sequences thats the only reason u should go for this movie.

Author: bennsid from India
31 March 2012

Wrath of the Titans takes place 10 years from where clash of the titans left off .Like with its predecessor, the real reason to check out "Wrath of the Titans" is to see big battle scenes between humans and monsters from Greek mythology.

Perseus is now a simple fisherman living with his 10 year old son Helius , though his heroics are still not forgotten by the masses they still respect as the Kracken slayer.disaster strikes in the form of Hades and Ares (Zeus's son and god of Wars).who want to free the most powerful titan Kronos who is ironically the father of Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. Perseus is called to help in his dying father Zeus under captive in the underworld.

Perseus must find a way to reach the underworld on the course he finds help in the form of Andromeda possibly an ex love interest and Perseus's cousin Aggenor(son of Poseidon) on their way they face a wide variety of monsters big and small. Does Perseus rescue his father from underworld how does his defeat Kronos thats the USP left for u to see.

What worked for me is the 3D used it is far better than what u have seen in clash of the titans but if you are expecting something the likes of avatar the this is not the movie for you the are amazing thrilling scenes.One particular scene made my actually cover my face as a reaction to an actually boulder falling on my face which wasn't in the reality.

What didn't work for me is the story telling and acting Liam Nesson is the only person worth of being called an actor in this movie the others are sloppy and not able to express themselves most of the side characters are there just to add a comic sense Sam Worthington need to prove himself as an actor so does Rosamond Pike who is somewhat useless in this film Ralph Fieness as well seems to be missing his usual niece in this film.Toby Kebbel and Edgar Ramirez are OK with their performance.the film somewhat seems to start late with the actual story and end it soon as well i feel the film could have been better had it been 2hours long 99minutes was not enough to explain the film properly.

Final Verdict :If u are looking for some serious story adventure the likes of LOTR the this film is not for you and if u just want be amused by some 3D awesomeness this is surely for you.

Wrath of the Titans - 1.5 Stars

Author: Austin Takahashi from Philippines
11 April 2012

You don't have to observe real hard to notice that there's actually just one titan in "Wrath of the Titans". That would be the fearsome Kronos, a monstrous being who can be best summarized as a walking volcano with arms, legs, and a face. In the film's latest moments, smoke, ash and lava violently erupt from his crevices, which is exactly the sight you'd expect from someone who had just risen out from the hellish underworld.

Before we get into anything else, let's do a quick background check. Kronos is the father of Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. Zeus (Liam Neeson) has a son named Ares, who like his father is also a god. Everything seems rather normal until Zeus decides to get in bed with a human. The woman then gives birth to Perseus, a half-god half-human fisherman. So this would make Kronos the grandfather of Perseus? But what about Helius, the son of Perseus? Can he be considered as one-forth god? You know what would have been a lot more interesting than this movie? A documentary about these characters having a family reunion.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/wrath-titans-movie-review/

Super Crap Of the Titans

Author: morbea from Spain
1 April 2012

OMG!!! I just came from seeing this one and I can not being more embarrassed of taking my friends to see this. It is just so bad movie that I made me laugh.

I really enjoyed the first one. At least it has some storyline an decent interpretation by the GODS. However, this one lacks in every department. Only the CGI stands in the movie which is was really well done. Same for them for working on this s***.

Why SAM has an Australian accent!! Holy molly!! Someone in Hollywood must be really in love with this guy to still give him work. Is worse than a bad actor. He does not transfer any feeling at all.

Do not waste your money. Rent Hercules at amazon or whatever. At least is far away better Greek movie than this.

I am still shocked!!!

Better than the first but barely worth watching

Author: mungflesh from London, England
1 April 2012

I enjoyed this marginally more than Clash remake but that really doesn't say much.

It's plenty more of the same here: disingenuous re-branding of Greek mythology in a mainstream-friendly format.

Sam Worthington outdoes himself in this one, as the most bland lead actor of all time - including even Bill Paxton. The FX are BIG but what exactly does that do for a film? Hot air balloons are big too. I saw this in 2D (thank goodness), which might have been the saving factor. 3D is such a headache and blurry irritation, that the already blurred and hyperactive monster animations would have been a mess.

The only thing that saves this movie from being utter **** is the promise of some big fiery guy (Chronos) being unleashed to wreak havoc. When he does, it is a bit of a disappointment but not too bad.

I saw this with my 6 year old son. Not recommended for adults.

The summer has begun

Author: Raghav Gupta
1 April 2012

its summer time.. the critics would now have their bashing pens ready to dismiss any attempt to entertain. i however have my popcorn n soda ready and want to sit back and enjoy things blowing up. OK so i'd read a few reviews and seen a few ratings for this movie before going for it. was forced to go really after the sad reviews. expected it to be as bad as its predecessor. was i wrong. this movie is brilliant in your face action. some story in the middle. enough to keep things connected. its sad when people go for movies like these expecting a masterpiece like 'the godfather'. hey if stupid action movies are not your thing then please don't go for such movies. let people like us who watch movies to be entertained and not give us a lesson on life watch them. i especially loved the 3D in this movie. a lot of times i come out of a 3D feeling dizzy and ripped off. but not this time. the scenes in the underworld are too damn cool in 3D. not to mention the awesome demons from the chimera to the cyclopses. and please respect the premise of the movie and enjoy it rather than thinking "why did he do this and not that?" "how does this work?" "gods can die?". so go watch this movie if u want to enjoy a no brainer full blown action film. else wait for titanic 3D next weekend.

my first review. thanks for reading. :)

Medusa's revenge: A decapitated action packed thriller.

Author: deltafire1972 from United States
30 March 2012

Disclaimer: This review will not be one of the traditional ones. But following it closely you will see why I set it this way.

Ah beautiful Medeusa. How dreadful you lost your head the last movie. Your spirit and body however live on. This movie is dedicated to you in many ways.

Let's start with the body. Slender, sleek, muscular, full of action, little drama, and lots of lean muscle tone. The action scenes were done pretty well on the battles. The movie begins 10 years after the battle with the Krakken. In that time, it appears the Gods have been overthrown and Olympus has fallen. The only titan, besides Chronos (and i say that literally)is one two-headed manticore. There are others alluding to Chimera, but past that, most of the war happens underground.

Hades and Ares join forces, overthrowing Zeus and killing Posiden. Ares apparently is deeply resentful of the love Zeus shows to Perseus. Like the jealous older brother, he sees releasing Chronos as the ticket to his revenge. After Posiden is killed, they kidnap Zeus and begin using his power to release Chronos. The only way to kill Chronos is by uniting the three weapons forged by Hephaestus.

Perseus is joined by a second demi god Agenor (posiden's son), and Hephaestus, in their attempt to enter the underworld. After a fierce battle with ares at the doorway to the underworld, Hephaestus is killed while buying time for Perseus and Agenor to escape.

Once in the Underworld, they encounter Zeus, and in trying to free him, Zeus is mortally wounded by Hades' pitchfork, which was lost in a fight with ares. The lightning bolt had been stolen by Ares, with Posiden's trident given to Perseus before he died.

Now we come to the tail of this story. In the final battle, Perseus kills Ares and takes the lightning bolt, completing the spear. Hades has given Zeus his last energy in an attempt to save him, but in the battle with Chronos, he falls mortally wounded a second time, leaving Hades the only brother left alive. Hades has no more power and being the last God showing, leaves the earth in the hands of Perseus. This sets up the third movie and who knows what will happen.

Now we come to the head. Ah yes remember the head? In this case the head is the introduction of the movie, filling in people on what happened that made Olympus fall. It also lacks a baseline plot and structure. Movie goers are left to make up their own impressions. As for the "wrath of the titans," if you count the two headed sword things at the end of the movie and one manticore, they are non-existent. We were expecting to see a battle between the gods and the Titans, with mortals fighting in the fray as well. That of course was not what was shown. That portion of the movie, the head is why this one falls short of expectations.

Overall, great movie, but needed a lot more storyline and development of the plot. Hence the analogy to Medeusa, a body and a tail. The head is lost to the seas. This should be a lesson to the movies that follow. Don't lose your head.

Just Terrible

Author: Beno-17 from Australia
3 April 2012

A friend and I saw this the other week and quite frankly I'm astounded that anyone could rate this higher than 1 out of 10. It is definitely the worst movie I've seen all year, I can only imagine very young children finding it enjoyable and even their mental capacity might be too great for this one.

The characters are unconvincing, Sam Worthington was terrible in contrast to his performance in Avatar and the screenwriter should be taken out to pasture. The worst part is that you never really care about the story or any of the characters at all.

Toward the end we were actually laughing at some of the lines and the direction that the story went! I don't know how Liam Neeson gets involved in this trash! Lets all hope they don't make a third!

Laugh at the Titans

Author: thesar-2 from United States
1 April 2012

On a side note, Wrath of the Titans stars the hunk of a man, Édgar Ramírez, whom I first noticed, albeit briefly, in The Bourne Ultimatum.

That's it. That's pretty much all I have to say positive about this 1970s adventure made with today's technology.

Okay, fine, most of the graphics and cinematography were pretty well done – not the 3D, mind you, which sucked, as usual as of late. And I would be lying if I didn't say, for the majority of the time, I was impressed with the technology. It sure as hell beats the crap out of the first one, the 2010 remake. (God – ironically enough – I remember laughing my arse off at Zeus's Glow-in-the-Dark dress.)

The movie seemed rushed, the script all over the place, the actors bored and confused and the point of the film sprouted in so many directions, even the Titans, themselves, never knew when they were supposed to make their entrance. I'm probably not too far off since this was most definitely rushed into production the minute the remake made some good bucks in its opening weekend.

If you look at the movie from a distance, it would be unfair if I said it was the worst I've seen, this year or any. And even though barely any scene actually worked, or hardly any character was minutely interesting enough to give a more positive review, one could do a lot worse. I say "hardly" as Hades (Ralph Fiennes,) this time, that is, was a bright spot. Go on, give me hell for that one.

Let's see if I can sum up the experience I just had: Fairly weak gods to begin with are now even weaker because despite everyone (in this universe) knows they exist, no one's praying to them. If their power reduces further, bad demons may/may not – depending upon what version you see of this – roam the Earth and that's the end of man/god-kind.

Meanwhile, the so-called powerful god of gods, Zeus (the disappointing Liam Neeson) gets locked up in Hades and his power is needed to release his dad, a baddie of fire and arm motions. Meanwhile, Perseus (the bored Sam Worthington) is trying to keep his incredibly, and unintentionally, hilarious son close while fishing. Meanwhile, he needs to go somewhere to pick up another half god/half loser to venture to get someone to guide them to hell and back while hell comes back on its own.

Oh, and there's a queen, an army and out-there jealousy and hatred. Did I get most of it at least?

Blasted. I forgot the threesome of giant Cyclops that literally looked like enlarged white Shreks on the screen. That…made me burst out into laughter.

The movie is just not worth it. Again, it's not the worst I've seen, it's thankfully short, although it feels longer, and it matches (minus special effects) any 70s throw-way adventure/fantasy sequel you might have grown up with/loved. I wouldn't even wait for home video. Just watch the trailer and know (SPOILER) good prevails.

I saved you money and time. You're welcome.