IMDb > Wrath of the Titans (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wrath of the Titans

Wrath of the Titans More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 25: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [Next]

I was shocked, it was actually OK

Author: chancey-23 from United States
14 July 2012

Believe me, I am not a fan of the 2010 Clash of the Titans. I remember being so disappointed in the film that I didn't want to see a sequel, ever. But at a last minute decision I saw it anyway. For the record: my expectations were low, I only wanted entertainment, and I wasn't really expecting anything near good. And the film pulled a miracle, for me at least: it held my attention, made me chuckle a couple of times, and I liked it. The only excuse I have: the film didn't let me down like the first. The one thing I kept telling myself: please don't let me down, and what do you know? It didn't. It fulfilled everything I wanted it to, and while it didn't do anything else, a sequel to an awful film should at least try to be better, and that's what this film, surprisingly, was.

The spear of what?

Author: eagledriver88 from United States
8 July 2012

If you watch the movie, you'll understand the title better.

I was hoping for a solid action movie all around but Wrath of the Titans misses the mark. The reason why I gave the movie a 6 in the first place was because of the special effects which are pretty good. Aside from the visuals there isn't much to this movie at all which lends it to a 5 or less. The main problems boil down to bad writing/pacing, no character development, and predictability. The story could have used a lot more twists, or at least one we didn't see from a mile away. There are things that happen in the movie too that make you think "okay that was random." The WORST part of all is watching all of these amazing actors wasting their talent on a quick "put-together" sort of movie that could have been something great. It's pretty bad when some of the best actors around can't save a film from becoming completely meh. The action ain't bad but I can guarantee we've all seen better.

Wrath of the Titans (2012) - 99 Minutes of Boredom!

Author: nickmesafilms (nickmesafilms@yahoo.com) from United States
5 July 2012

Set as a sequel to the remake of "Clash of the Titans", which was really quite unnecessary, "Wrath of the Titans" continues the story of Perseus and his everlasting battle with the Titans. I honestly feel like there's no use into talking about the plot, because honestly, there is no plot to talk about it. But I will say that Liam Neeson's Zeus has been kidnapped by Ralph Fiennes' Hades, and now Sam Worthington's Perseus has to team up with an army to go rescue him. Oh God, I just said the plot! Now, during the first 20 minutes, I started to become impressed with this movie. The effects were cool to look at, and the story started at an interesting point. But afterward, the story just plummeted after those enjoyable first 20 minutes. The rest of the movie is just uninteresting, slowly paced, and incredibly boring. Not even the giant "special effect" action scenes could save the film. Sam Worthington is still pretty likable, but still needs a little more help in the "line delivery" department. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are pretty well-suited for their performances, but they look embarrassed to be here. As for Rosamund Pike, no way! I don't really think she can actually act, then she can kick butt! So, the acting is average, the writing is ridiculous, the pacing is slow, and the overall action is not that memorable. Now, I only saw pieces of the first movie, so I can't really try to compare one movie between the other. But here's what I can say, "Wrath of the Titans" is not an awful movie to be exact, because I enjoyed some scenes, and the first half was pretty entertaining. But everything else was too boring, too slow, too uninteresting, and not that much my speed. In the end, "Wrath of the Titans" is quite a forgettable movie. "Wrath of the Titans", in my review, "boring development, and forgettable action".

A lot better than Clash!

Author: nobre2 from Portugal
5 July 2012

I was not a fan of Clash of the Titans, the remake. I found it to be extremely boring and poorly paced.

That being said, i was extremely surprised by Wrath of the Titans. This movie has bigger and better action scenes, better characters and a slightly better script. More importantly i was never bored during this one.

The actors also do a better job on this one: Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Sam Worthington portray characters who feel more real and are instantly more likable this time around.

As a summer blockbuster, this movie can be really entertaining and more enjoyable than the first one. It also has amazing visuals and better 3D. I give it 6/10 stars. Above Average.

Again the same disappointment as the previous one.

Author: manendra-lodhi (manendra.lodhi@gmail.com) from India
21 June 2012

Again the same factor that made me to watch the film. I had seen the first part. And I have this thing to watch the second part if they come. I even dared to watch the second part of ghost rider. So this film like its predecessor falls in the concept of character development. They were just rushing towards the final scene. Things like these make me sick. I already knew that the film is bad and I will regret my time after watching. But on the positive side the action sequences like the previous one are again good to watch at least once. It's like you should just scroll the film just to see the action sequences and you will never feel like you are missing anything special from the film i.e you will get the story even if you see the action scenes only. Well there are a lot of things that we can identify are bad in the film. The first ones are the dialogs which were, believe me irritating. Now I think the story development was far better in the first part.

"Watch only if you are a huge action fan and have watched the first part. Otherwise waste of time."

God of war where are you

Author: yannickmessaoud from Canada
15 June 2012

I have watch half of this movie before leaving the theater, all the time i was there i kept thinking about God Of War 3, Kratos and how amazing a movie based on the video game would have been, instead of that awful movie, where sam worthington bad haircut, and all the worthless stuff happening on screen.

Plain bad and boring movie, that should be avoided. I enjoyed the first movie, it was not better then the first original movie which had a much better story, but not worst either. But the first movie was very well made and they should have kept it at this. This second movie was useless and made for the money.

Hands-down better than the previous one

Author: KineticSeoul from United States
4 June 2012

When I first saw "Clash of the Titans" I thought "man Hollywood is running out of ideas" although that though crossed my mind multiple times before. But this sequel is somewhat fresh and a bit innovative, at least compared to the 2010 version of "Clash of the Titans". Which for some may not being saying much but to put it simply this is what the first one should have been, especially with the hype and all. It's not a amazing movie or a very epic one but it's still watchable and at least entertaining and not boring all the way through like the previous movie in this franchise. The CGI is better this time around as well even if the previous movie was alright but had some crappy CGI parts as well, the scorpion scene for one. This time around Zeus actually sides with Perseus and his cause and for good reason for Zeus though. The scene with the combining of opposites is just really cool to watch. The plot in this is basically Hades and Ares team up to release Kronos because of what happened in the previous movie the mythological gods are very weak and is capable of dying. What really stood out to me about this movie is the unpredictable nature of the characters and even the ending was unpredictable. Overall this is a worthy sequel that is better than the previous one.

6.8/10

Wrath of Mythology

Author: drnrg35 from Mexico
21 May 2012

I have always been a big fan of the mythology movies. I grew up with Jason & The Argonauts and all the Sinbad entries with. Here is where I compare this latest Clash Entries with those movies. One one the particularly comes to mind is Sinbad & The Eye Of The Tiger. I get a strange sensation that Wrath.. got half of it's idea from the movie. Especially with it's monsters. Granted they were presented ion different fashion ,but basically the same ones. "Wrath" features the Cyclops on Chaos Island. "Eye Of The Tiger" features on Troglodytes; who resemble Cyclops in every way, except the one- eye feature, but one also decides to journey with Sinad and his crew to the Magic temple of sorts. here Our hero, Sinbad, encounters a towering golden mechanical Minataur called;aptly, Minoton. This is much like the Minotaur monster Persius encounters in the labyrinth. That in fact is actually part of the Thesus mythology tale; not Persius. Anway I see a lot of resemblances to that particular Sinbad entry throughout the Wrath sequel. Another movie , which I think inspires some ideas for Wrath is the 2011 firm "Inmortals". Not a particularly great film, but the comic resemblances are very obvious. Take for instance Micky Rourk's; King Hyperion character. Now try to follow me here. Micky Rourk starred in the Keira Knightly film; "Domino" and now he has a pert in a mythology film and he plays the villain. Another actor from "Domino" is Edgar Ramirez, who now plays Ares in the new Wrath film. Coincedene? Furthermore the plot of "Inmortals" actually revolves around the real story of Thesus and the Minotaur. I don't ,but when I pinpoint little things like these ; it just makes "Wrath" all the more silly. BTW, you also have fallen GODs in WRath, just like Inmortals. Asiad from one episode of Xena Warriour princess; I have never seen GODS die; now it seems they are falling like flies in every movie.

My final comparison of "Wrath" to "Inmortals" would be the scene in "Inmortals" where Zeus slays Ares for defying his command. It's almost as if Ares comes back to life in "Wrath" and takes his revenge in Zeus for killing him off in "Inmortals". Add to the fact that It's also an all out war between GODS and Titans in "Inmortals" and you basically have the same premise for "Wrath" except with a much juicer budget.

I like "Wrath", but feel a bit ripped of story wise after having watched "Inmortals"

Just a few things I did enjoy were the monsters. CGI or not , they were pretty fierce looking. I only wish they had milked the Minotaur-Persues fight a bit longer. I've yet to see a really spectacular fight scene with a demi-GOD and Minotaur.

As far as acting goes; the actors did a great job. The GODs; Neeson,Fiennes, and Nighy all had the right feel for their parts, but the mortals left much to be desired. . I still think Worthington isn't worthy of the Persius role and Rosamund Pike was really out of place. The rest were just extras: Even Kebell; who plays Posidon's long lost son, is misplayed, because his importance just fizzles out halfway through the film.

Anyway, I would recommend the movie to die hard mythology buffs to come up with their own conclusions. A one time watch wouldn't hurt, but somehow, all these CGI effects don't come up against the older stop motion techniques. Not without a good strong storyline and these new entries fail miserably in the story lines.

7 stars for action and cgi monsters, but only 3 stars for the way the story is executed.

A very unepic epic movie...

Author: Gareth Johns from South Africa
14 May 2012

When I saw the trailer to this movie, I thought I would be going to watch a movie on par with Dark Of The Moon. I expected a movie full of great action scenes and epic battles against epic monsters. But, just like in Clash of the Titans, I was left disappointed... With Perseus fighting gods, monsters and titans alike, the epic monsters were there, but every fight failed to live up to expectations with Perseus defeating the Titan Kronos by flying around him and then throwing a glowing spear down his throat... The story-line was never going to be great (and it wasn't) and many people go to watch films like this for the action, and Wrath of the Titans failed to deliver.

Crash Bang Whallop (Wrath?) of the titans

Author: Scott Emery from Bath, England
2 May 2012

Before I begin let me say I enjoyed the first film (6/10), I thought the action was pretty decent, the plot was wobbly of course, the acting was bad, but unlike most I liked the use of 3D in the film and thought it added something to it unlike most of the other 3D rubbish that year.

This film really did what I expected it do though. The scriptwriters/100,000 monkeys with typewriters obviously used all there decent(if that) ideas in the first and now the sequel kinda feels like its outta ideas. I'll try not to spoil the plot here for you, though it is irrelevant to the course of the film, but there's a part where all the power gets sucked out of Zeus REAALLY SLOWLY so to allow Perseus to have time to beat up all the rubbish demons and traverse his way through the deadly labyrinth (which takes up about 5 minutes of screen time cause the writers can't really think of any ideas other than "oh there trapped again for a bit") so it's kinda like they can't come up with a decent way to thicken the plot.

The main actor (Sam Worthington) annoys me a lot in this film as he can't even be bothered to get rid of his Australian accent for the film, which really kinda shows how much effort he actually put into it. Another thing is that there's about 3 characters in the film which are just there to thin things out, literally there's one guy who Perseus has to spend 10 minutes of screen time to get to it and then take him some where else. In the end this makes the film boring, that's the main difference between this and the last because of the three things I have just mentioned you just end up bored by the end because there was so much filler.

Not to be to much of a stab in the gut to the this film the three British actors (Neeson, Fiennes, Nighy) add something to the film in terms of screen presence or comedy and the action scenes are pretty decent with some OK use of 3D (NOT enough to make the film worth watching in 3D may I add). Also the massive fight off at the end was pretty damn good, though look out for the final battle as my friend Adam did notice that it has a similar feel to a gaviscon advert

4/10. Some decent shots, not nearly enough to make up for a bad film though