IMDb > Open Season 3 (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Open Season 3 More at IMDbPro »

Should have stopped after the Open Season II

Author: Julia from Russia
23 October 2010

If someone would like to spoil good memories after the Open Season I, they should definitely watch the third part. But I DO regret that I spent money on the cinema ticket this time!

It can get a title "The weakest animation of the year". Looks like the Director spent just an hour working over the movie. The script writers were not invited at all probably! No story, no jokes, no cute characters!

The "joke attempts" were so weak, that even kids never laughed! The quality of animation went down really evidently - characters are drawn careless, face of the Girl-bear looks quite scary; action is sent up by very loud stained voices of animals, but not by the story itself! The Bear is not cute any more, the Deer is not funny, but unpleasant, and the other Animals are just miserable flat washy figures!

If I wouldn't sit in the middle of the row - I would leave the cinema in 10 minutes after beginning of the movie!

Looks like it was just a sad attempt to squeeze out the last tipping points out of the name "Open season"...

There was no reason for making this sequel...

Author: Milad ED from Iran
30 December 2010

I think this sequel was made, because they didn't have anything else to do, so someone said "Hey, let's make a sequel to Open Season, we just need to create the animation, story will come eventually!" And this useless unfunny video is the result.

Open Season 1 had an old cliché story, but it was rather funny, not even near to the top though. Open Season 2 also had its moments, but this one, it absolutely useless. Old unfunny jokes, bad story that has nothing to do even with the name, or the 2 first ones, only characters are the same.

I, as a big animation movie fan, couldn't bare watching any further than 30 minutes.

Well, if this and the first two Open Seasons are the first movies you ever watched you could find it funny. Other than that, it doesn't much worth watching.

Good Luck With Everything.

Author: Richard Greco from Pakistan
26 December 2010

Why does everyone think that kids are stupid or they can't actually spot a poorly made movie. I watched Open Season 1 and 2 before. IMO they were fine children movies. Now, I have seen some weak animations before but this really surprised me.

I tried to laugh in this movie but I think my hand was busy facepalming. In short, I regretted watching this movie. I thought maybe they will end with a bang and I would get some fond memories out of it, but no, they just ruined all the magic and probably made me hate this trilogy.

Unless you're a slow kid or just love these characters, I would recommend you avoid this movie. Watch something else or try watching something from the past.

TL;DR, Life is short, don't waste it on this one.

Garbage, Garbage, Garbage...

Author: jgrizzle358 from Mount Morris, IL
17 January 2011

So, i saw Open Season 1 and 2, of course I wouldn't be watching 3 if I didn't. And I actually enjoyed the first one. It was funny, it was cute. It had Martin Lawerence, Ashton Kutcher, and Patrick Warburton. Then cam Open Season 2, a movie in which, the plot was very lacking, but the characters were still fun. There was one character in particular, a cat named Roger, who had this tendency to say the most random, out of the box, unrelated things, and it would always make you chuckle. And it wasn't even what he said so much as how he said it. However, they made the mistake of changing voice actors for the main characters. Although Mike Epps did a good Boog too. Now, Open Season 3... what a disaster... The best part about it was Roger from 2 was in it, and had a few (and I mean VERY FEW) funny random lines, but they made him smarter in this movie... well, sort of. And they managed to kill his character by making him less funny than in Open Season 2, which kind of ruined it for me.. Instead of having a funny line every 10 minutes, he'd spend 5 minutes repeating the same line over and over. By the 5th or 6th time I heard him say "ooooh, meat snacks!" I had facepalmed so hard my neighbor could feel it. Aside from that, the story sucked, the animation was horrible (very cheap and last minute looking) and the whole thing felt like it was thrown together in an hour. It wasn't funny either. It ruined the trilogy for me. Save yourself the torture and don't watch this garbage. Stick with 1 and 2. If you watch this one I promise it will ruin the series for you...

now excuse me while I go wash my eyes out with acid...

Time for this season to end.

Author: Rich Wright
17 March 2014

The first one was 'meh'. The second entry was 'huh'. The third is 'Whatever'. Sense a trend?

I've got very little to say here. There are too many characters, most with weird foreign dialects... which are still more amusing than half of what they say. The animation is about as good as you'd expect for a straight to DVD film. For those who like their stories predictable to a ridiculous level, this won't rock your boat at all. It's all I could do to stifle a yawn every five minutes, though.

And it's not a good idea to remind me of the plot of one Madagascar 3, one of my most hated animated movies of recent years. This is a marginal improvement... at least the finale in the Big Top this time didn't go on FOREVER. It was still pretty tortuous, though. And when it all wraps up after barely an hour (with a bizarrely unfunny slideshow over the credits) you wonder: was there any need for this to be made? No... No, there wasn't. 4/10

Um... what?

Author: Robert from United States
4 April 2012

So Open Season 1 was great and unique (According to what my review says of Open Season 2) and Open Season 2 was more bleh and an excuse to make money and keep the characters going.

Open Season 3... it started out randomly in the middle of a story, that I actually had to pause the movie, and head to the Internet and look up Open Season 2 to see where the movie ended at. Yep, Open Season 3 really doesn't continue smoothly.

The next thing that surprised me was the bad quality of the animation. I mean, sure nothing will look super realistic, but it looked like a video game at first, and I thought perhaps I had pressed the wrong menu button or something.

What really was sad was when the plot just sort of sank down. There was no real reason to care for the characters, and they almost seemed to be faking their emotions during the majority of the film.

And what is it with the lama or whatever the heck the "best friend" with the accent and his spitting? I mean, are they trying to make him funny by having him spit every two or three words? It's annoying.

And of course the dogs return... and have no real point in returning. The angry leader dog is just annoying and doesn't do much. Even the couple, the wife who talks and never lets her husband say a word, weren't as funny as the past movies. The alien encounter was amusing but nothing exciting. And yes, I saw the sneaky Sony phone advertising in the movie.

Anyway, enough with my rant. I was certain this movie wouldn't meet my expectations, and I was right. Too bad. I rate it 4/10.

When even your own daughter says its bad you better believe.

Author: Jan Strydom from South Africa
25 March 2012

I watched OPEN SEASON 3 with a friend of mine and his daughter who was actually a big fan of the first film and the second but this third film I have to say was total and utter crap, I was annoyed as hell with this film for two reasons and at one point my friend's daughter who is eight actually begged us to turn it off.

1. The once likable Boog and Elliot have been reduced to two loud mouth overly obnoxious idiots that are worse than a bunch off two year old boys that throw temper tantrums and the rest of the characters were loud and obnoxious too.

2. The humor in this film was totally inappropriate for a kids movie, it was mostly a bunch of rude jokes I didn't get and I seriously doubt that the initial target audience which I'm assuming are kids under ten will get them either, although some kids have surprised me but its still not right.

Overall, if Sony animation decides to bring out OPEN SEASON 4 and its way worse than this, I would avoid their animated films like the plague.

Apart from two characters, this one's not worth bothering with

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
8 September 2011

Although it was less than perfect, I enjoyed the first Open Season. The second was bland but had its moments. Apart from two characters, Roger who I've always liked and is quite fun here and Fifi mainly for Crispin Glover, Open Season 3 is a mess. The animation is mostly sub-par, the background art needed more fluidity and the character designs are blocky. The music has some jaunty moments but overall forgettable. The writing is poor, the jokes are neither clever or witty and the dialogue is a vast majority of the time unfunny. The story is thin, predictable and I think rushed too, and the characters apart from Fifi and Roger are no longer likable and cute. The voice acting is mostly lifeless, with the replacement for Billy Connolly's accent embarrassingly overdone. In conclusion, not recommended at all sadly. 2/10 Bethany Cox

I thought the movie was wonderful.... a great use of my time!

Author: mimiamarri
26 February 2011

I loved this movie..... the plot was funny and my grandson and I enjoyed it.... as it is an animated movie for children! However, I guess I must be a big kid because I was locked on to it until the end! The relationship between the bear and the deer was complicated, however it showed how complex friendships can be. The movie also highlights how friendships change when one of the friends gets married or has a lifestyle change. I think it has a good message for kids. Also, the movie shows a female in a "control-type" role, I liked this quality. The 'mom' took care of everything, and made sure that the family was working correctly... so much like real life. I could see how young kids could relate to this... Now I can't wait to see 1 and 2!

nice movie for kids!

Author: briovaz from Sri Lanka
30 January 2011

this is my first review on a movie! so please be kind enough to read this!i wanted more from this movie... compared to the 1st and 2nd parts of the open season movie series! it wasn't that great. but this movie was fun. it had a simple story and all the lovable characters from the open season series were in it. this movie is very good for kids. tells us about the importance of friendship! but the movie is flawed. i know that some people are going to hate this movie. but I'm not going to hate this. this movie goes into my favorite DVD collection. the story is simple boog goes on a guys trip alone and sees a circus where there are two grizzly bears. boog falls in love with the female grizzly. the male grizzly tricks boog and escapes from the circus and goes to the forest where boog lives and resides as the king. the male grizzly whose name is dough gets caught and elliot and the gang goes for the rescue!