IMDb > Farewell Mr. Kringle (2010) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Farewell Mr. Kringle (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Out of Pain, Joy

Author: boblipton from New York City
5 December 2010

A very pleasant little Hallmark Channel TV movie as Christine Taylor, a new-media journalist -- she blogs for a website -- goes to the town of Mistletoe to cover their Christmas festival and their renowned Santa Claus, who has been doing this yearly bit for half a century.

It's all about the healing power of good will, and the direction and performances are very good. Unhappily, the script is a bit below par as plot points are advanced by talking, including Miss Taylor's voice-over of her blog -- I'm a great believer that when you're looking at a movie, they should show you things happening, not tell you -- but William Morgan Sheppard makes as good a Santa as I've seen since Edmund Gwenn.

Very Cute Movie!

Author: Robert Potter Gates
1 November 2014

I thought this was a perfect holiday film full of emotion, happiness, love, and longing for a simpler time. I have to admit I instantly thought the lead was really cute and got better looking as the film went on. I googled her name and what do you know? Marsha Brady! Yup, about as cute as they come. She is delightful as a woman longing for love. And, Santa is about as good as one has every been. If you don't know him, he was in Gettysburg and told Lee to take the high ground. "That bloody damned hill was bare as his bloody damned head! We all saw it, as God is my witness! We were all there." Watch this film. It is a wonderful happy film!

This movie has all the right reasons that made it very enjoyable!

Author: adoptshelterpetstoday
14 December 2014

I saw this movie several times, and each time I enjoyed it just as much. I liked the plot, scenery, lines, directing...all stayed focused on Christmas in a nice Christmas way (meaning: nothing boring, ridiculous, or depressing).......All the main players were well-casted, enjoyable, and nicely talented......except the only player that was annoying was the waitress. She was over-bearing with her over-zealous words and actions...always trying to stand out too much...and also touchy-feely......"Anna Wall," with her humbug attitude, was not miserable or over-powering or detracting...Her reason for it was totally understandable.......the Kris Kringle part was played out well......and "Mark Stafford" was ideal.....It has continuous good points...and a good flow...which I think makes it a better than average Hallmark Christmas movie...and therefore, enjoyable to watch again and again.