"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Lost & Found (2010)

« Prev | 227 of 335 Episodes | Next »

The writers should be fired! Horrible.

Author: kjnyr from United States
8 May 2010

I'm a big fan of CSI but this episode was pathetic. What kind of father would have done what we're expected to believe this character did? He comes home to find out that his teen aged daughter has killed her little brother, that she's been raped by her uncle (his brother in law) and is pregnant by the creep, and what does this father do? He puts his son's body into a foot locker in the garage, stages their disappearance and sets up housekeeping in another town where he pretends to be her husband? Ludicrous. I'm all for suspension of disbelief for entertainment but c'mon! First things first, he'd want to kill the brother in law, or at the very least turn him in. No self respecting father would just let that pedophile off scott free. Why wouldn't he call the cops to report his son's death? It was an accident by a traumatized teen who had just been raped. She wouldn't have done any time and again, pedophile bro in law goes to jail. And playing house in Reno acting like his daughter's husband is seriously creepy. They had changed their names, assumed new identities, why not just say he's her father in the new life? Sad, sad, sad and lazy writing. Did the writers take a vacation and leave some daytime soap wannabe writer to take the reins? My husband and I could write better than this poor rip off of an episode of Maury. We were incredulous at how low this great show has sunk. Just horrible.

Ummmmmm.....

Author: Michael Talley (mdtalley) from United States
10 May 2010

You must not read the papers much, as it seems like sick and twisted stories like this occur almost every day.

Also, you may want to go back and re-watch the episode again, as I'm pretty sure that daddy is also the father of her baby. In that light, it makes his motivation much more understandable (or at least realistic). Including the whole pedophilia part.

Granted, this was one of the stranger episodes, not from a "heebie-jeebie" standpoint, but trying to follow the plot as things moved at 100 miles an hour. I couldn't figure out who the father was for a minute.

I liked mainly because it was a "Captain Brass" episode.