"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Blood Moon (2010)

« Prev | 232 of 335 Episodes | Next »

Solid Episode, but Sad

Author: laurent1979 from United States
8 October 2010

After "Pool Shark" and "Blood Moon" I almost have the taste of the terribad season premier out of my mouth. Centered around a vampire and lycan convention in town, the strangeness of the convention-goers and the reactions of the CSI's reminded me a bit of the plushies/furries episode, "Fur and Loathing in Las Vegas" with a few memorable moments. One look at Langston's plastic fangs red contacts sends a kid running, "MOM! I need your credit card!" and a very hard-to-take-seriously Andy Dick (a descendant of Van Helsing!)peddles swords, scimitars, crossbows, and the murder weapon. Otherwise, the episode was....solid....and unraveled in typical CSI form. Still too much Langston, who is still full of himself and is now brandishing his cane like a weapon, choking a guy who gets handsy with a waitress. So tired of him....back to the Matrix already, Morpheus.

I don't know if it's just me, but I audibly went, "Awwww" at least twice while watching this. First, I feel horrible for Vartaan. I've made no secret of how much I like the Catherine/Vartaan relationship, and the episode opens with a lengthy, very steamy love scene between the two of them. Vartaan asks Catherine to move in with him, and she declines, saying she doesn't want to ruin what they have. Clearly hurt, Vartaan says he'll settle for things as they are. Stupid Catherine. The other "Aww" moment - HEAVY SPOILERS HERE - was the flashback murder. The victim met a girl at last year's convention, they fell in love, and were going to get married; this worked well till the lycan-turned-vampire was recognized by his former pack, who make a temporary truce with the vampires, just long enough to kill the turncoat. The victim cries, "Please! None of this is real - my love for you is!" as his fiancé hacks off his head. Disturbing to say the least. Lastly, a teary Hodges tells Catherine, "I had love in my grasp and let it go..." and she says she'll keep that in mind.

Rejection Can Be More Than Just Heartache

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
12 December 2011

Vampires versus werewolves Yeah, sorry, but I found this kind of silly. I always do when writers take this vampire stuff seriously, as they seem to do in this episode.

I will say the opening scenes are ones that will stick with you. It's not often - even on CSI - you see a dead guy's head on a stake and his headless body next to it on a barbed-wire fence.

The story is so-so, giving these strange people some credence, but not overdoing it. As it turns out, it's basically a love gone-from-wrong.

This story could almost be construed as a statement against the prejudice against interracial marriage and also the sad story of rejection as CSI members Vaartaan and Hodges are rejected, too (but not beheaded, thank goodness!).