IMDb > Inside Out (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Inside Out

Inside Out More at IMDbPro »

Exactally what you would expect from a movie starring a wrestler. Better then others. Acting is bad, not surprising. I say C+

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
26 September 2011

"You sir are gonna do one thing before this is over. You're gonna clean this whole thing up and then your gonna keep my son away from me permanently." After 13 years AJ (Triple H) is released from prison. Meeting up with his best friend Jack (Rapaport) he is ready to start his life over. When Jack messes up his plans AJ realizes he has one more thing to do before he can leave his old life behind. This movie is pretty much exactly what I expected. Any movie starring a wrestler pretty much has a built in fan base and that's what the producers count on. While this one was not as bad as some of the other wrestling movies I have seen, this is still one that you forget as you are watching. I will admit this was not as cheesy as I expected though. Overall, many people will love this movie, I am not one of them. But I expected a little worse. I give it a C+.

Would I watch again? - No, I won't.

*Also try - 12 Rounds & Tactical Force

Trash!

Author: zakfar2000
11 October 2011

Pretty much a peace of trash, Inside Out is an extremely boring movie that should be among the worst movies of all time. If you have read the movie description, you somewhat know everything. A man getting out of prison after thirteen years... interested in reforming his life... and then messed up in an idiotic scenario... But the movie is far worse than this description. Interestingly, it doesn't even have anything for wrestling fans, like melee fights or body figure scenes showing off HHH.

I will highly recommend not to waste your time.

1/10 (only because zero isn't explanatory here at IMDb).

you know what? not that bad. not bad at all

Author: dave54t from United States
10 November 2011

I saw the movie without reading the reviews, and I must tell you- I found my self interested. no big surprises in the story line, but it was good story, one you can follow with some interest. the acting, surprisingly, was more than reasonable, even if our hero was a wrestler. good thing, the story line is not based on that fact. the action is moderate but still is there. sometimes you get actual violence, sometime it is implied, but things work well. I don't agree with the other reviews, blasting so hard against this movie. it is not a waste of your time- but to the contrary. Wouldn't leave everything I'm doing for this piece, but once you got some free time, watching it is a good way to spend about 90 minutes. You can watch it and enjoy.

Boring, Paint By Numbers...Typical of WWE Films

Author: Ted9Yaz8 from United States
28 September 2011

I must be a masochist, or perhaps an optimist because I have seen most of the WWE Films movies and none of them are any good. Perhaps, deep in my subconscious I think "this one will be different, this one will surprise me" but this has yet to actually happen. Inside Out fails in ways that past WWE vehicles have: there is not a hint of originality, you can predict what will happen next as you watch it, the wrestler (in this case Paul "Triple H" Levesque) is not very good and the supporting cast phones it in.

Inside out is quite frankly boring. The plot lulls you into a coma and you'll forget about the film as you watch it. There is nothing here that hasn't been done before and better. HHH is getting out of prison, wants to live the clean life but gets sucked in by his friend that was the cause of his prison stint, the friend has married HHH's love and they have a daughter that is really HHH's...blah blah blah. As I watched this I began to question whether or not I suffer from ADD because I found it difficult to focus on.

If you want to watch a good movie with a wrestler in a starring role watch They Live with Roddy Piper and please: don't be like me. If you see "WWE Films" pop up on the screen don't waste your time.

Rubbish acting throughout

Author: Underaglassbell from United Kingdom
25 September 2011

I watched Inside out this afternoon.

Where to start, well Paul Levesque aka Tipple H was surprisingly OK in this slightly mediocre debacle. - I think with a better cast Inside out could well have been a lot easier to stomach.

The issues came when we are introduced to Claire Small, role played by Parker Posey. Absolutely hideous, from her stupid accent to just a complete lack of acting skills.

There is a scene toward the end where she is supposedly upset, and it just looks horrible and awkward, but not in the way it should considering the situation. Essentially every scene she is in is rubbish: They should have cast her as the strange voiceless assassin played by Jency Griffin, a least then she wouldn't have had to speak.

No, I didn't like her at all especially the fact that she had Arlo Jayne's child, yet never bothered to tell her daughter, who was clearly an inquisitive person that her dad was Arlo. - He was only serving 13 years, a long time yes, but it shows the selfishness / stupidity of Claire that she let her daughter believe Jack was her father and didn't have the foresight to think - oh wait, Jack and Arlo are best friends and when he is released Jack is going to want to see Arlo.

While they rode of into the proverbial sunset at the end, I can see her probably sleeping with the fitness instructor or some other adultery cliché, because that is the type of character she comes off as, Horrible.

Then if Claire wasn't annoying enough, you get Julie White as Martha - I don't know what the hell is going on with her character.

"Did you know Money from Cigarettes goes to Bin Laden". Yes, she is another flat annoying character that should really have been played by someone else, because her acting was almost abhorrent as Parker Poseys.

The only thing that kept the movie going was an /ok/ chemistry between Paul Levesque and Michael Rapaport - While Michael Rapaport might be annoying to some, he played the role and despite them being seemingly very different to old friends. And when Michael Rapaport died, you have to grin and bare tedious scenes between Paul Levesque and Claire / Martha / Irena.

Paul Levesque - Not bad Michael Rapaport - Not bad Bruce Dern - OK / Not bad

So for a Sunday afternoon watch, where there is nothing else on, then give it a go. But don't go out of your way to watch this and don't expect to much and you may not want to follow Jacks lead and blow your brains out.

Inside out for me was ruined by a boring script, and a poor cast which made the whole thing Ennui.

Mediocre Movie

Author: James Donnelly (jpcdee@hotmail.com) from Leicester, England
25 October 2014

Unfortunately WWE Studios fails to light up the screen with this thriller. Is it a thriller? I don't know. Its got a great support cast, but sadly it has a poor script and an unproven movie director. The special effects, were low grade too, and sadly didn't save the film. The V/O at the end confused me too. I was half expecting someone returning.

Is Triple H capable of headlining movies? Yes of course. but I think he needs to decide which genre he wants to stick with. I don't think he can pull off dramas. Action Comedies I think are more his style, as The Chaperone was actually quite funny. He's not in The Rock's league when it comes to movies, but I would see another movie of his.

Will I see it again? not for a while, but I will keep it with the rest of my WWE Superstar movie collection!

Predictable, though still watchable...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
28 December 2013

Can't really claim that director Artie Mandelberg has put together something overly memorable here. Sure the movie is enjoyable in itself, but it was hardly outstanding or unique for a crime thriller, which the movie apparently was supposed to be.

The story in "Inside Out" is about AJ (played by Paul Levesque) who is released from prison after 13 years of imprisonment. Returning to his childhood friend Jack (played by Michael Rapaport), AJ soon finds himself drawn back into the world that he left so long ago.

I will say that the story was adequate, although it was rather predictable. But it was nicely enough executed, despite being so guided and one directional. There were no surprises of any kind here to throw the audience off the track. The movie just trotted ahead along a very straight line and never really picked up pace.

As for the acting in the movie, well you know what you are going to get here, given the people on the cast list. So don't expect any award winning performances. That being said, I am not saying that people were doing bad jobs, far from it. They did work their magic with their given characters and given the lack of flexibility from the script.

There was surprisingly little action in the movie, which was sort of a disappointment.

All in all, then "Inside Out" is good enough for a single watching. Just don't expect to be dazzled in any way.

Low-Key and Talky

Author: LeonLouisRicci from United States
22 May 2013

Muscles might make for some prancing and powerful punches in the Wrestling Ring, but that's a long way from the canvas known as the Silver Screen. Here we have another WWE trying to hang up his tights for the Mega-Buck Big Time that is Hollywood.

It is not a bad time-waster of a Movie and is more Personal with a Family situation throughout, not just a backdrop. There is far less Action here than one would expect, relying on the two Leads and their relationship to carry this Story, and for the most part it works well.

Michael Rapaport does seem to be in hyper-drive here, maybe trying to make up for the laid-back, strong silent type that is his Partner. He is recessive in his Character and Performance, leaving room for the rants and over-talk from his unhinged Bro.

Overall, can be enjoyed if expectations are at a minimum and you don't mind more Story than usual in this kind of thing. It is talky, very low on style, but good enough for a watch.

I liked this movie start to finish

Author: aldeming577 from usa
23 May 2016

Reminded me of the film noir movies of the late 40s and early 50s. so many people downgrade a movie because of reasons they think they can. let them try and make a movie and see what they come up with. Never say a movie is bad just say you don't like it. much of the movie is set in the south and many people do not realize much of organized crime came from such places. it also focus on the way many people free from prison get stuck back in the life style that put them there. All people good hearted people want freed from the people that could care less about their lives and only care for themselves at the cost of the innocent. a very entertaining movie from start to finish thanks

i thought theyde be great together

Author: steeledanton from orlando fl
2 December 2014

okay...so michael rapaport wasn't channeling arkansas dave rudabaugh which was Christian slaters role in young guns two...nor did he play much more than a middleman in true romance with a pothead roommate that had intentions on helping Christian both have fun as well as sell cocaine in that one....but in inside out i remember triple h rolling out of bed with parker posey on a couple of occasions whereas recently keanu was seen with his moose knuckles in jon wick....but now that i think about it, was parker posy just as bad as anyone else in this movie? its hard to re review a film that seems foggy though, most definitely i do totally remember seeing this movie