IMDb > "Baggage" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Baggage" More at IMDbPro »

Entertaining

Author: socialparasite-g
12 July 2011

Jerry Springer lately has been attempting to get away from his talk-show and onto other things, usually at the same time. This time around he's tried his charm as the host of Baggage, which is a dating game show where one person has to choose between one of three potential dates based on their baggage. Once the winner has been chosen, that one person must view the original chooser's baggage and see if its acceptable.

Its always interesting to see just what the baggage will be, and with each round the wonderment becomes ever so increasing and shocking. Even if tried with a new host, this show would be watchable but Jerry brings a certain light hilarity and yet sincerity to the show. You'd be surprised just how much the HOST in a game show matters, a perfect example is the decades of Newlywed Game. Speaking of old game shows, baggage is a little bit like Dating Game and Price is Right.

No Extra Charge For This Baggage, Just Shock & Awe

Author: getyourdander from United States
11 September 2011

In a way, this is Jerry Springer Lite. There are no fist fights, and everything is put on the table in a non-violent way. In a way, this is a step beyond Deal or No Deal, but is founded on the same principle. Instead of bags filled with money figures, we open these bags to find dirty hidden secrets.

The show also has diversity from what I have seen of it. Usually there is one girl checking out three guys bags or one guy checking out three girls bags. I did see one episode where a girl was checking out one guy and two girls bags (she decided to choose one of the girls over the guy by the way).

Each one of the three opens their bags to reveal deep dirty secrets. Then they are allowed to state their case to the contestant. As each round goes, one of the three is eliminated. Then, when we get down to the one chosen, they get to see their choosers baggage. They then decided to accept or reject them and their baggage. The tables are turned.

There is a sequel series of this where the winners are shown on their date and what happens after. I haven't seen it yet but am curious how well some of these matches built on revealing each others secrets work out. The good thing about this format is that instead of the phony questions that the old Dating Game had, opening the baggage reveals real issues and everyone gets to input their feelings about that. I would think that is a better way to start a relationship.

Jerry Springer is the perfect host for this. He handles this format very well. So far I have only seen this on Game Show Network.