IMDb > "Generator Rex" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Generator Rex" More at IMDbPro »

Good Action Packed Adventure

Author: gertru007 from Pakistan
22 October 2011

I have always been an action cartoon fan ever since the original Transformers back in 90s. And I really like the humor or should I call it wittiness of the protagonist (Rex). This is complimented well by the arch enemy Van Kleiss who has the best original theme music, go ahead fish it on you-tube.

Our hero is a teen struggling with various moral dilemmas about right and wrong when using his super powers. He has the ability to generate various mechanical stuff from his limbs using the nanites in his body. Actually the whole world is shown to be infected due to an incident but only he has the ability to command and control them. He can also cure others by diffusing their nanites. He is often seen comparing orders with moral consciousness about consequences. I love it all. And to add to it our hero is intelligent enough to take good decisions. He has Agent Six as a father figure to look up to, who looks like Agent Smith from Matrix but never the less, a bad ass mentor the kind not to mess with. He manages to balance Rex's silliness well. The side kick Chimp Bobo is also a likable character and adds to the mix. Doctor Holiday is a motherly figure although too pretty for Rex to accept, so he hits on her regularly. The wittiness is very good especially when it involves Van Kleiss.

I like stories which detour the least from main story line but with Rex even the detours are fun to watch. Overall one of the best action cartoons out there.

A excellent action Cartoon

Author: cdietz94-667-599244 from United States
11 January 2011

Generator Rex is a new animated series created by Man of Action (The creators of the Ben 10 trilogy) and it is very well done, animated, written, and acted. The plot is a 15-16 year old named Rex has powers to create various mechanical powers to his body. This is due to a mysterious even that caused things called nanites to live in every single living thing on earth, but some go bad or have powers, they are called evos . He fights along side his caretaker, Agent Six, his friend, a evo monkey named Bobo, a young attractive doctor named Doc Holiday, and a human friend named Noah. They fight against the Evil Van Kliess, who plans to mutate every living thing on the face of the planet. The series is a witty, action-packed series, that proves that Cartoon Network still has it.

Amazing show.

Author: Lightning
9 July 2016

Amazing show. One of the best Cartoon Network shows. This show had amazing animation, great fight scenes, the jokes were good, the weapons were cool, the enemies were cool, and it had well character-driven stories. Whatever the show did wrong, it made up for it in style. There were many deep moments. It teaches nice morals. It teaches people to value life, help others even though they don't appreciate you, and act mature when the time is right. The romance was not so great in my opinion. Agent Six was awesome. Doc Holiday was an interesting character, mainly because of how she dealt of what happened to her sister. BoBo was just there for comedy relief. Nothing special. White Knight had character development throughout the show; from seeing Rex as a weapon, to seeing him as a human and a friend. Noah was okay. If you don't find this show good, I don't know what you find good.