IMDb > "The Good Wife" Taking Control (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Good Wife" Taking Control (2010)

« Prev | 24 of 134 Episodes | Next »

The Best Legal Drama in a Long Time

Author: slima_21 from Portugal
25 June 2011

I've been mesmerized by 'The Good Wife' a while now, but I never had the time to calmly watch the second season. I just started today and I was amazed. I honestly think this is one of the best legal dramas ever made, probably because it's not that much of a drama and it manages to actually be quiet, well, 'legal'. The side-story is a mix of personal affairs and politics and it actually adds cohesion and interest to the rest of the plot. The legal scenarios are very well crafted and believable. In this premier, Alicia is divided between her personal drama and a difficult case where the client refuses representation by a lawyer. As always, both story lines intertwine and balance each other perfectly maintaining interest and focus. Also, the direction is marvelous. I just realized this today, but the camera work is fantastic and way beyond TV level. The music is intelligently chosen and the actors also do an amazing job.

Bottomline, this is a great appetizer to the rest of the season. I hope they maintain the focus and evolve the main storyline a little bit more.

The Good Wife- Keep Stories Straight ***

Author: edwagreen from United States
28 September 2010

With this season's opener, Alicia has made up her mind as the firm seems to have merged.

Archie Panjabi, who copped a supporting actress Emmy Award last month, seems to have competition at the office.

Nice to see Peter's campaign manager matched wit by wit by Peter's mother. Looks like the children will be caught up in the campaign and it isn't very nice the way they are going to be used.

The flaw here was the uneven murder case that Mrs. Florrick went to trial over. Something about a murder involving the pentagon, according to the accused. The judge appeared severe and the defendant quite quirky before accepting a 5 year jail sentence.

Hope there is more chemistry between characters as season 3 goes on.