IMDb > "Glee" Special Education (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Glee" Special Education (2010)

« Prev | 31 of 121 Episodes | Next »

SO SAD to say this, but in my humble opinion, one of the worst episodes :(

Author: E from Tucuman, Argentina
3 December 2010

I'm an enthusiast of the series and I really enjoy the episodes, but unlike other times, with this particular episode I found myself wondering what happened to this show after all its success! In my opinion, first of all, camera angles at times were weird. Editing seemed a bit "untidy"---definitely not neat and needed a bit more thinking. Too many unnecessary close-ups, weird cutting of camera angles. REALLY noticeable cuts. Even characters lacked depth, and this is the first time I thought that even the script writing was sloppy: dialogues were very predictable, stereotypical, lacked freshness and they were repetitive and boring. Even the storyline with Puck seemed ridiculous to me, much more in this episode than ever before (I actually loved the irony in Puck's character, but after this episode I'm SO disappointed...). And, above all, it's kind of tiring already so much focus on Kurt. I love the character and all, but it's the 9th episode this season that it's focused on him like, waaaaaaay too much, and yes, we audiences CAN get TOO much of it. Even the songs were not that great either... the song sang by Kurt and Rachel was not one of my favourites, nor was it delivered in a nice way, either. The only song I truly liked and enjoyed was the first one New Directions sang on the competition. The second one was not as nice. But I generally can forgive this show the choice of songs, since whether I like the songs or not is a very personal matter. What I just cannot forgive it is its sloppiness in both plot and execution. This show deserves WAY MORE than just what I saw today. Let's hope things improve with the next episode, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!