"Ghost Whisperer" The Children's Parade (2010)

« Prev | 107 of 107 Episodes

Solid finish

Author: ctomvelu1 from United States
2 June 2010

Not a bad wrap-up for a series that went off the rails a couple of seasons back. Ghosts are once again haunting the hospital where Melinda's hubby works, so Melinda steps in to see what she can do. This leads to an encounter with the spirit of a boy who refuses to move on, in the mistaken belief that he is protecting a bunch of ghost children who were all hospital patients and died there. An eerie thumping is periodically heard throughout the hospital, and it relates to these children. I will say no more for fear of giving it all away. But let us say it all leads up to an encounter between Melinda and this ghost "army," at which point the source of the loud thumping is made clear. Fortunately, the Hunchback of Notre Dame has less to do or say in this episode, as he is having an oral problem. I'm not sure Hewitt knew she was about to be canceled, but this episode neatly wraps up a number of loose ends, thank goodness. And the show will live on in reruns on at least two channels that I know of. If you're new to the series, keep an eye out for episodes from the first three or so years. After that, it was strictly downhill for this series. Problems began when Melinda's hunky husband was killed and immediately brought back to life in another man's body. And Melinda's college prof buddy, played by the great Jay Mohr, was replaced by Hewitt's real-life beau, whom I choose to call Quasimodo. He began popping up in so many scenes, one has to wonder if he was now the star of the series. Mohr's abrupt departure was a huge loss for the show. Anyhow, for those who enjoyed the flawed but intriguing SILENT HILL, this episode should definitely please you. It has a similar feel to that surrealistic ghost flick.

Bye Ghosts... :-(

Author: aguador from Spain
24 July 2010

Someone can think that Jamie Kennedy (Hewitt's beau in these moment) could be "Hunchback of Notre Dame". Well, it's good to know that ==he can't open his mouth in this episode==. I liked Jay Mohr much more than Kennedy. Kennedy seems a robot when he moves through, with a few mechanical movements. Mohr could be as prickly as Kennedy, but he finds the comic way more easily than Kennedy.

But shows go in their own way, and for me it's really a pity that this show have been canceled. May ghosts convince the TV channels so that they start a new season of Ghost Whisperer (it's a good idea for a script, isn't it?).