IMDb > "Supernatural" My Heart Will Go On (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Supernatural" My Heart Will Go On (2011)

« Prev | 121 of 265 Episodes | Next »

Fate Strikes When Least Expected

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
9 December 2012

After a series of weird deaths in Chester, Pensylvannia, Dean and Sam discover that Balthazar has changed the history, avoiding the collision of the Titanic with an iceberg. Now Fate is intervening, murdering those that should never had died. The dilemma for the Winchester brothers is that Ellen and Jo are alive and if Castiel restores the time line, Elen and Jo will be gone. Further, Castiel advises Dean and Sam that Fate is angry with them and they need to kill her to survive.

"My Heart Will Go On" is a funny episode of Supernatural, with hilarious jokes with Celine Dion and Billy Zane. The story is entertaining and the conclusion is well resolved. My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "Meu Coração Vai Continuar" ("My Heart Will Go On")

One way or another

Author: zombiehigh18 from Egypt
20 December 2011

I don't watch many horror movies, but some I do appreciate. Watching this episode I flashed back to one of my favourites, Final destination. I liked the way fate took down her victims. It was wonderful seeing Ellen again and her presence gave a softer side to the grumpy Bobby, I would have appreciated seeing Jo too. I felt very sad for Bobby to see him not coping so well with losing Rufus. Finally I appreciated the lighter moments like seeing Sam loose for the first time in Rock-Paper and Scissors, The One way or another music score as the boys tend desperately to avoid their inevitable death.

Anyway, I have to add that the Titanic movie wasn't that Bad and I love Celine Dion. (so shut up Supernatural)

Castiel's discretion about the war in Heaven is still disturbing and the viewer still lacks a coherent view on the events this season, we are still scattered between the war in Heaven and the Mother of All stories and I'm still hoping there is a connection somewhere between those two stories.

Reminds me of the Terminator.

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
22 April 2011

The Supernatural episode "My Heart will go on" reminds me of the Terminator storyline. If one changes one part of history there will be ramifications for the present. The storyline is changed with different twists of reality for the characters of Sam and Dean. The boys drive a mustang instead of the Impala. When the boys go on a hunt, the viewer finds out that some beings want to restore order by killing off people because the Titanic never sunk. The philosophical argument of free well versus destiny is argued in this episode. In the end, the boys try to go with free will and save people, but destiny prevails. I give My Heart Will go on" a seven out of ten. Good show!