IMDb > Adventures in the Sin Bin (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Adventures in the Sin Bin

Adventures in the Sin Bin More at IMDbPro »

Not the best, but worth a watch

Author: Michael Price from Tennessee, United States of America
29 January 2014

I watched this movie because I love Bo Burnham's comedy and this movie looked interesting. It started out strong, with a lot of witty banter and subtle humor. However, it really declined as the movie went on. After about an hour, I found myself asking "when will this movie be over?" It has a very "Napoleon Dynamite"-esque feel, with a lot of strange and random events involving the main character, his brother, a police officer, and some school chums. There isn't much comedy in the second half of the movie, and the plot was overly predictable. The actors themselves did well, and I especially liked Bo Burnham's performance as he stepped away from his normal irreverent comedy act into a more serious role. But the plot of the movie was convoluted. It's a decent movie that's worth watching once, but I definitely won't be buying it on DVD to watch over and over.

Amazing, thoughtful movie with a great cast

Author: Kristen O'Connor
18 December 2013

I loved this movie. It's a teen movie about a kid who lends his van to his friends for them to have sex in, but it's not another raunchy comedy. The humor in this movie is subtle and sophisticated. The idea is interesting, the script is well written, and the acting is honest. What starts as a sex comedy turns into a story of a kid with a screwed up family and a chance to find love. The ambiguous time period doesn't date the movie, instead making it timeless and relatable. I came for Bo Burnham and stayed for the amazing cast. Michael Seater was believable as an awkward virgin. Definitely a good movie for ages teens and college aged kids, but I think all can enjoy it. Watch it, you will not be disappointed.

It's The Last American-Bueller's Day Off in a Van.

Author: Jesse Boland from Burnaby, BC Canada
22 October 2013

A really nice movie. You are treated to some great comedy from some great young actors. Michael Seater, is great as the fumbling virgin that is taken advantage of by all. Emily Meade is the object of affection, and a beauty to behold, but never afraid to be human, you will like her character a lot.

A good humored sexy party that starts out as a teen sex movie, and quickly turns into more of a coming of age family film with a very dysfunctional group trying to find a better way of working together.

Not a movie for the kids, but teens, and up will get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Enjoy.

Guilty Pleasure type of film

Author: adriano cano from Canada
8 November 2013

this film is better then i thought. Everything about this film, is stupid, but at the same time its just AMAZING. One of the stupidest films I've ever seen but its so entertaining to watch. Bo Burnham just completely steals the show in this film. From the sort of witty dialogue, to the outrageous events that go down between Michael Seaters character and Bo Burnham's. I promise you, you will both enjoy and hate this movie. Compared to Over The Top and Cliffhanger (which are both Slyvestor Stallone films), This is the ULTIMATE GUILTY PLEASURE and i love every moment of this terrible, terrible movie. this movie is ridiculous, Micheal Seater (from Life with Derek) is one of the most under-rated actors out there and this movie just shows his acting skills (in a way). I'm gonna give ADVENTURES IN THE SIN BIN a 6\10 stars.

Another waste of our money and time

Author: Jon Death from United States
26 October 2013

This script never should have gotten the green light. The idea could have been used to write a good movie but, it wasn't. Instead it's slow and there's no real plot. A kid with a prep school scholarship and van gets used by the other kids at school so they can have sex with loose girls...in his van?

It's just ridiculous and doesn't happen. If the writers were more creative, they could have created a scenario where this made sense but they completely failed. The characters don't make up for the failure in story nor do the performances of some rather goofy looking actors.

In reality, these RICH 16+ year olds would have a party house somewhere be it that of a young adult that sells them drugs or that of a kid with loose parents that don't discipline him/her. The one thing kids don't do today is struggle to find places to have sex! This is hands down, the most tragic, casual sex generation modern society has ever produced. Teens today aren't even all that concerned with who they have sex with let alone where. Sharing a shag wagon is something you're more likely to see in the suburbs where it's not quite poverty stricken but not quite middle class and even then, it's not so likely considering the values of this culture.

It's a dud and I can't recommend it for any reason at all. Nothing happens, no nudity, no comedy, no good vs bad conflict and resolution. Even the story between the orphaned brothers is flat and uninteresting. This movie needed much better writing and a more talented cast.