IMDb > Think Like a Man (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Amazing feel good movie

Author: bynari-1 from United Kingdom
26 August 2012

Don't be put off by the low ratings. So far the movie has only been rated 6700 times which isn't really enough for it to shadow the minority ratings.

I suspect there's been a lot of men who aren't into these types of movies that have been forced to watch it with their girlfriends and have then given it low ratings because it definitely leans towards being more of a soppy romantic comedy than a gritty one.

It's definitely not a 'fairy-tale soppy romantic' movie by any means. I would class it as having a realistic amount of soppyness which is what makes it good.

The main cast are pretty diverse in their personalities so most people will be able to relate to someone in the movie, but even if you can't it's got enough comedy/fun in it to keep you entertained.

I think racially this movie is fantastic and it makes a lot of very positive statements. We have a mostly black cast with a very middle class Friends(TV series)'ish feel to them with 2 white guys in the group, 1 of whom has a black girlfriend.

There's a couple of light racially inspired jokes at the expense of one of the white guys in the group which further emphasises that race just isn't and shouldn't be a serious issue in the group.

It's really nice to see a movie like this with a nice intelligent middle-class group of African Americans. Too many movies focus on the gangster element of African American culture these days, so I think this is a really positive and refreshing movie.

I definitely recommend it to everyone except those who are put off by a bit of soppy romance.

Can't believe the rating is so low

Author: mohammed-helal-eng from United States
6 May 2012

Friend of mine referred me to this movie to go see with my girl. I saw the rating on IMDb and was hesitant. However, he insisted, so I went for it.

The movie is funny as hell. It may run for two hours but for me and my girl it passed by quickly; there's always something going on keeping you interested or making you laugh.

I don't need to write a detailed review. If you're hesitant, don't be...it's worth it!

PS I'd really give this movie an 8, but I feel like the current rating is way too low.

Another PS: I'm not black!

The Kevin Hart Show

Author: Catt Jones (cattjones@chixchatonfilm.com) from TX, United States
21 April 2012

I am sure that a lot of folks will think that this is a film to plug Steve Harvey's book, but trust me when I say that the book does not need plugging since it made the best seller list (just wanted to get that off my chest). This is one of those films that I am going to have to watch again because the audience was laughing so loud and long that I fear I missed some of the jokes. That being said ….. Kevin Hart (Cedric) is a fool (in a good way). He had me (and the rest of the audience) cracking up. His comic timing and expressions are priceless. The relationship between Dominic (Michael Ealy) and Lauren (Taraji P Henson) was probably the most honest (compared to the others). I like the reference that they made to For Colored Girls (classic). I have always considered Michael Ealy to be very sexy and he did not disappoint in this film (Yum). Michael (Terrance Jenkins) was a true mama's boy almost to the point of being sickening, but Candace (Regina Hall) did what she had to do to rectify that situation. The longtime relationship between Jeremy (Jerry Ferrara) and Kristen (Gabrielle Union) is one that a lot of couples will be able to relate to. Finally, Zeke (Romany Malco)…. What can I say, there are a bunch of you out there and I am glad that Mya (Meagan Good) stuck to her guns. The only negative thing that I would say about the film is that I am not sure that Alex (Chris Brown) needed to keep popping in on the scenes. It was kind of redundant since the film already had a "playa". Wendy Williams (Gail) and Sherri Shephard (Vicki) had small roles in the film, but it was good to see the talk show hosts represent. I think that a lot of people may see this film as a "chick flick", but I like to think of it as a great date movie. I think that the implied war of the sexes will appeal to all and if nothing else, Kevin Hart will keep you in stitches. This film is well worth the price of a ticket. Put down the book and get out and see this film because this will be the one that they will be talking about next to the water cooler on Monday. I am giving this film a green light.

Pleasantly Surprised

Author: Amanda Kitchens
19 April 2012

I have seen the previews for this movie & thought it was definitely one to pick up at Redbox, not pay $10 to see. Boy was I wrong. I walked out of the pre-screening pleasantly surprised. Not only is it hilarious from beginning to end, the cast is perfect. Kevin Hart made this movie what it is, he was great. The pairing of the couples couldn't have been more believable. It was above and beyond what I expected going into the theater. Not to mention i've never seen an audience so into a movie, nobody had a bad thing to say about it. I am so glad I got to see this early so I can be sure to let everyone know its worth paying to see. I would probably pay full price to see it again to be honest....DON'T MISS THIS ONE!! It's clear to me the people who rated it 3 stars definitely haven't seen this movie.

Brilliant movie! Absolutely loved it!

Author: niovi_555
28 August 2012

I watched this movie not expecting anything great, taking in consideration its very low IMDb rating. It completely proved me wrong, and it absolutely made my day. It was funny, charming, and full of really great moments. I loved the fact that the movie was following more than one relationship. It has a great storyline. The characters are great, and all the couples in the movie have great chemistry between them. Even though Cedric was the funniest character in the movie, all the others always had something pretty funny to say. I loved seeing Turtle in something else besides Entourage, he's a really great actor. The soundtrack is also amazing. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends.

Ignore ratings, very good film!

Author: Rizwan Ali from United Kingdom
14 September 2012

This film is much better than it's rating! Obviously it's not jammed full of amazing special effects and Oscar winning performances but it doesn't pretend to be either. The film is what it is a light hearted, feel good, comedy romance.

Strongly recommend watching if you're feel a little bored or want a movie to kill time with some great laughs provided by Kevin Hart.

The story line is a little predictable but no need to worry because the laughs make up for it. All I can say is just watch the film, you won't be disappointed, I'm certain you will be pleasantly surprised.

Great film 8/10 will be looking out for part 2 :)

Predicable but well executed.

Author: gregarious1987 from Nairobi, Kenya
13 August 2012

There are ups and downs to this flick. The story is interesting and unique. The cast is beautiful, the emotions are spot-on all through the film. Another plus is the humor. Every character has a situation that we can all relate to. A momma's boy, a player, a divorcée... All characters that we have interacted with at one point.

Kevin Hart does an exceptional job and he stands above the rest of the cast. The downer is the last quarter of the movie. It gets too sappy for a dude. The resolutions of the relationships become way too predictable. I mean, it's predictable down to the actual words spoken by the couples.

That aside, this is a movie suitable for a night in with your girl, or a date. It will set your chic in the mood :-) A better than average movie, and still worth your money.

Much better then I expected and one of the few chick-flicks that I really enjoyed. Very funny and good date movie. I say A-

Author: Tony Heck from United States
23 August 2012

"There is no such thing as a perfect man." Four male friends think they have it made. The all have great girlfriends who make them happy. Four female friends all think that they have the worst relationship. When Steve Harvey writes a book for women about how they should act the tables in the relationship turn. The men think they find an answer, but like most everything we do that backfires. I have to admit that I am not usually a fan of these types of movies. Without sounding racist I am not a fan of the Tyler Perry movies (even though this isn't one) and this just looked way to girly for me. I can't believe how wrong I was. While the movie is formulaic and predictable it is still very funny and really entertaining. There were a few parts in this that I laughed really hard at and when it was over I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. While this is, and should be, considered a chick-flick this is one of the "girl movies" that I liked and I think most men will like it too. Don't base you seeing this or not off of past movies like this. This is much better then I expected. Overall, very funny and much better then I expected. I surprisingly give this an A-...I know.

RTeally Sucked / 1 hour too long!!

Author: skipweo from United States
30 April 2012

Typical 'clown' movie.

Guys are players.

Girls are either ho's, a 'shackee', or a "nice" single mom.

Bros play the ho's.

the ho's play the bros, and they all end up happily ever after.

A 2 hour commercial for Steve Harvey.

Save your money and go see Tyler Perry movies instead!!!! Kevin Hart? - Cool! And for those who say they laughed throughout? - NOT!! And those reviewers who used the term 'racist' - NOT!! This is just one bad / silly movie

Not my cup of tea...

Author: stuffed-pumpkin from United States
7 October 2012

Watching this, I have a vague feeling that I'm watching a well-written infomercial with good acting. It has sweet moments and some good laughs, but I just can't shake that feeling of watching an infomercial, especially when a character holds up the book while she's referencing it. I'm not African-American and I haven't seen the end of it yet, but I can tell already that I'm just not thrilled with it. There's a lot of common sense-type ideas in it... and I really can't figure out why these women are messing around with men they don't really like or respect in the first place.

But then again, I'm really not a big fan of romantic comedies anymore, so maybe I'm a little biased. Plus, this movie was someone else's pick, not mine. I know that not everybody feels the way I do about this movie.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]