IMDb > Animals United (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Konferenz der Tiere

Animals United More at IMDbPro »Konferenz der Tiere (original title)

Page 3 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Not great but not the worst film I've ever seen either

Author: Emma Cox from United Kingdom
13 July 2011

It's not bad considering it's for children and the voice acting was very good (they should really try dubbing a better film next time and who knows maybe we'll like it) but you get the feeling that even they knew the script was bad. But I have seen lots of horrible films coming out over the last couple of years and it's no way near as bad. I think the reason why most people hate it is because their expectations where to high, it is a children's story after all and the script is German so we're not likely to get the humour quite as well but all in all it's a great film for young children, it's not a must see but let the children watch it when you get the chance.

Great movie

Author: enerares from Romania
30 May 2011

OK i sow the movie twice and i think it is great. It is a family movie both fun and educational. For people without moral values this movie is worthless, but four people whit moral values ​​and understanding it's great. It may be an animation but in it there are some real things that are happening in our world. If you have kids you should let them watch the movie.And the bonus soundtrack is pretty good Wild vor Wut.

So for people who have the IQ above the sea level and have some moral values i definitely recommend this movie.

Don't let people tell you what you like watch it and then grade it. Hope you like it and do not forget to rate it.

A message for everybody to understand!

Author: Daiana Damacus
20 April 2011

In my opinion, and it is not my opinion only, the producers of this German animated movie took a great risk which was definitely worth taken. What was the risk? Make a production in which the stress is placed on the message and not on the visual impact and therefore create the perfect opportunity for fans of brainless movies to disparage it. The message is pretty clear and it doesn't refer to Africa only (as you can tell from the movie as well), but to the entire planet Earth: in order to create needless luxuries, the humankind destroys natural habitats and forces animals to struggle for survival in a land which is actually theirs. That being said, the movie is not at all bad and the animations, together with the plot, are completely believable. Plus, the 3-D technology introduces you into the story at high speed. All in all, the movie is worth being watched and it may even bring tears into your eyes.

Good And Entertaining Movie

Author: kittycat-55112 from United States
25 April 2016

To make this review simple, I will weigh the pros and cons of this film.

Pros Good Quality Animation Great Lip Syncing For A Dubbed Movie Great Voice Performances Strong and Powerful Environmental Message

Cons Overuse Of Bathroom Humor (E.G, Farting, Burping, etc.) Unnecessary Musical Numbers Several Sub Plots

As you see, the pros outweigh the cons. I advise that if your kid is 9-12 years old and loves animals, take them to see this film. They'll probably like it!

Final Rating: 7/10

Very nice cartoon to watch with a kid of 3 years old

Author: alberto-dutto from Barcelona
12 April 2014

My kid loves it, I watched 1k times already, so I decided to write a review.

from an animation point of view, it is really well done, the music is perfect and the dialogs are really funny!

My kid of course still doesn't understand everything and it focus on the animations.

I really suggest it to every parents with kids below 5 years, it is really a good one.

My kid likes the bufalos and all the other animals, so it entertain himself for a while watching this nice cartoon.

Problems United !

Author: ahmed elshikh (ahmed_abd_elreheem@yahoo.com) from Egypt
16 July 2011

There is a speech about the poor nations which must unite together to make a stand, and be present in a united, rather cooperated world. There is another speech about the human who enjoys destroying earth by stupidity; the global warming is one of its latest results. And there is, supposedly, a lively funny picture about this and that, or not !

The movie is confused between its so realistic tone, and its being as simply entertainment. That you can watch clearly in the designs of the animalistic characters; they were between the discovery channel and the good old cute cartoon. Let alone that some of them looked so boringly real (the turtle, the eagle, the bear,..), and some – most shamelessly – looked strictly stolen from another not too far movies (the giraffe from Madagascar, and the elephant from Horton Hears a Who!, except for their yellow hair !).

While many moments should have been deleted in the editing room, the movie's makers just loved everything they made, so they kept it no matter what. The troubles of the leads in the hotel's room, the eagles' talk in the valley of death, ..ect. are some examples for totally unnecessary scenes. And why all of these characters in the first place ?! As if the main intention was to show every single animal out there. So eventually the movie did inflate with too many characters and events !

The finale sequence with all the animals going to the UN, in what loomed as converse incarnation of Noah's ark, is dreamy yes, but so politically involved and kind of a sneer at the movie itself. It's where the realistic and fantastic natures of the story met badly, yet representing its schizophrenia finely !

The comedy is dry. The fart gag has been overused like it's the only way the movie has to make laughs. The quality of certain special effects seemed primitive (the fire in the Australian desert). And the direction is a bit bland and cold, despite lovely warm landscapes shown repeatedly throughout the whole time.

Some moments were strongly cinematic; the climax with fair action is the highest of them. A few characters were achieved as both real and cartoonish, such as the buffalo which was the most effective and memorable. And sometimes the music worked nicely, David Newman managed to be distinctly emotional.

It's a 3D animation message movie. Half fictional, half factual. And even at the fictional side it's half entertaining, half silly. Hence it's generally uneven and average at best. And it's where the message ruled the movie. Not a good thing for the movie and the message as well.

Just a movie

Author: fourtran from United States
14 April 2012

It's OK. Nothing great. My little two year old likes it.

Seeing all of the right wingers here up in arms about the movie is what made me curious about it in the first place. I can't help but wonder if Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck said to go out and smear the name of this movie; It's gonna turn your kid into someone who cares about the environment and we can't be having that now! Next thing you know they'll be commies (some leap eh?) :)

Anyhow, back to reality. It's nothing great but I don't see the harm in watching a movie that presents a fantastical, hyperbolic tale of some of the harmful effects of what mankind does. I mean, if we're gonna have all of these war movies, may as well have an animals united movie. My boy has seen Bambi too, doesn't make us socialists. Watching Sci-Fi doesn't make people atheists either (even though heaven sounds like an eternal totalitarian socialist regime to me, but I digress). Gosh. People need to lighten up.

Protect Your Children From This One

Author: Made in the USA from United States
14 November 2011

Misinformation & propaganda aimed at the undeveloped & easily influenced minds of children.

I think we made it about 15 or 20 minutes in when I finally had to remove us from this movies hostile influence. I cringe to think that there are people out there who think like this.

Within those few short minutes, the audience is shown that humans are disgusting, repulsive, irresponsible, littering, drunk, wild-fire starting pigs who are bad for the planet and all other animal life on it.

We're shown droughts starving out African animal populations, oil spills destroying the home of sea-life, roosters crucified to a table with chef's knives, and a prairie-dog child disowning their father because a herd of water buffalo and a herd of rhino's prevented him from bringing water home! Anyone who hates humanity this much shouldn't be a part of it. People who think like this are the worst enemy humans could ever have.

eco indoctrination at its worst

Author: celestemekent from United States
29 February 2012

I am probably more eco friendly than many people, yet I found this movie offensive in so many ways. It is full of characters stolen from other places, plot lines from other places, and an unabashed hatred for humankind. Mostly it is an embarrassing attempt to indoctrinate the viewer that failed on multiple levels.

I watched this movie on TV on a Saturday when there was virtually nothing else worth watching and I felt ripped off. Its too bad that Direct TV doesn't give refunds because I would certainly ask for my $4.95 back. If you see the listing for this movie do not bother to look further it is a waste of time and energy.

well well well

Author: charlesdiller
23 May 2012

we, as a family, love this movie, its a shame how many losers bring down a great family movie, shame on you! how can you be as low as rating this a 4, or saying the worst movie ever? really? because my son, daughter and wife loved it. it tells a great story, there are great animations, great characters, and what the heck is wrong with it? in my opinion, this movie is the best movie ever, besides this movie! know why? because i played the voice of the male turtle and my wife was the female. thanks for the support. back to no water at all. please rate this a great flick so we can take this to nyc and make another movie for my young turtles. thanks and have a blessed day!

Page 3 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]