IMDb > "Flashforward" Future Shock (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Flashforward" Future Shock (2010)

« Prev | 22 of 23 Episodes | Next »

FlashForward: a perfect series screwed by ABC

Author: Apelix from Portugal
28 May 2010

Like I said...ABC blew everything up. FF would be the best series ever! Nice plot. This is also American people fault! Europe uses to watch this, but American people (the majority) prefers series like Grey's Anatomy or Vampire's Diary instead of this awesome series which makes people thinking for an entire week until the next episode comes out. Anyway, I still got some hope that another TV company get the FF rights and make a 2nd season... Unfortunetely, I believe that even if they make a new season, FF wouldn't achieve such greatness. We saw that they rushed the series (obviously) and there were so many not answered question remaining and that would make the 2nd season a bit different, since "know" we know what happened to Mark, Tracy, Aaron and so many more. Dunno, I'm just disappointed with ABC. I really love FlashForward and I'm really sad because of its end.

UGH! Who wrote this?

Author: Anne O'Nymous from Durham, NC
12 June 2010

Most of the dialogue could have been written by a team of moderately literate ten-year-olds who had watched a lot of action movies. The plotting was all right, but with such a lousy script, most of the actors just called in their work. Monosyllabic tripe from stem to stern.

I can live with them using up two weeks' worth of the 1970s _Dr. Who_ special effects budget (which, in US money, is about $12.50), but did the show run out of money for the script? Were the writers so grief-stricken about possible cancellation that they were immobilized? This script was overloaded with tersely stereotypical macho posturing and banality. Keiko's mother's scene was verbally dull in English; I can't imagine that it would improve in Japanese.

One bit I liked was when Agent Vreede discovers he has left his keys in a threatened building. It is a wry moment of humor, which this episode is otherwise completely lacking.

What I have liked about this series is a focus on characters, none of whom are wholly good and few of which are wholly evil. The plot is secondary to the characters who experience the events, but fair plotting lost out to plodding dialogue in this episode.

Greed is the spur

Author: jonathanportch from United Kingdom
28 May 2010

Having started with a timeline and a date for their conclusion, which somehow slipped six weeks into the end of May, we end with no conclusions at all. A lot of hard work has been trashed in favour of wheeling the series on and on until viewers and advertisers inevitably tire of it and the scriptwriters have to rush off a lets-end-it-now-whatever episode of film-flam.

I can see no reason why the viewer couldn't have had a few questions answered - there's plenty of ongoing and recently introduced storyline to carry the show forward - but no.

Instead they only respect the producers retain for the viewer is for their cash.

I, for one, will not be bothering to follow it to the next proposed date of 2015, if it makes that far.

There's a BIG BIG difference between leaving the customer hungry for more and this contempt.

Big shame. big production, big values. big acting. SMALL mindedness