IMDb > "Breaking Bad" Más (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Breaking Bad: Más (#3.5)"

"Breaking Bad" Más (2010)

« Prev | 25 of 62 Episodes | Next »

Back in the business

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
14 October 2012

As this episode opens we see a flashback to events that took place during season one; we are shown how Jesse blew most of the money Walt gave him to buy the RV and champagne and some good time girls with Skinny Pete and Combo then got the RV by stealing it from Combo's mother. This is relevant as Hank is checking every RV of that type registered in the state; it will be a long search but ultimately it will lead him to Combo's mother and then Jesse will be back on his radar thanks to a photo at the house. While this is going on Gus approaches Walt with a very tempting offer; if he accepts he won't be booking in the back of an RV again; he'll have his own industrial lab to work in. This offer, if accepted, will put Jesse out of business as Gus only agreed to let him supply him to wound Walt's professional pride; a strategy that worked admirably.

It isn't just the men who have things going on in their lives; Skyler starts to wonder why she is really sleeping with Ted as she knows it won't go anywhere and Marie is concerned about Hank; he says he turned down the El Paso job because the case in Albuquerque was more important to him but she is sure the horrific events on the border have affected him more than he cares to admit.

This is another quality episode... I feel I should stop bothering to say that as so far I don't think I've been disappointed by a single instalment! The acting is great as always; I particularly liked Giancarlo Esposito's understated performance as Gus; I'm pleased that it looks as if his character is going to be getting more air time. Another actor in a small role; Steven Michael Quezada who plays Hank's partner Steven Gomez has performed well in the role throughout the series but now it seems likely that he will be leaving as he is off to El Paso; this is speculation though as I don't want to risk spoilers finding out if he is in later episodes! The story seems to be stepping up a gear as Walt and Jesse go there separate ways and Hank gets a lead pointing him towards Jesse; I'm certainly looking forward to seeing where that storyline heads.

Faster-Paced Episode!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
30 August 2014

This is the fifth episode of the third season of Breaking Bad, and this time around things are starting to catch on fire. While the tepid pace is still evident at times, it's a faster-paced episode on the whole as interesting events begin to unfold. The acting is fabulous as always especially from the ever-great Bryan Cranston.

In this episode, "Mas," a rift was created between Jesse and Walt because Walt received half of the share of Jesse's meth. Gus is trying to get Walt to cook again as he gives Walt his own brand-new lab. Meanwhile, Skylar is beginning to doubt her relationship with Ted and Hank is ruining his career prospects as he is trying to chase down the RV.

Overall, another excellent episode as things are beginning to heat up. I am mostly interested in what will happen with Hank as his career is beginning to spiral. As everyone story goes, I definitely can't wait to see what happens. I rate this episode 9/10.

I'm in, you're out

Author: turtleggs from Turkey
15 August 2013

Walt faces Gus about money her gets. He sees Gus's plan, he understands how Gus's trying to make Walt and Jesse enemies, and get Walt back into business. But Gus has another plan for Walt. He takes him to his undercover meth lab, which amazes Walt. Then he talks Walt about family with an excellent quote: "A man provides for his family." I think that sentence put Walt back into game. For days Walt feels like he messed up his family because of his drug business. However, Gus thinks that a man must continue provide for his family, even when they don't accepted, when they refused. So Walt realizes that he must earn money for his children until he dies.

Jesse on the other hand is very angry. He thinks Walt staged this coup, and he wants Walt's share. He doesn't know about Walt and Gus's talk, so he plays the "man", in front of Walt. He taunts him until he learns Walt's acceptance of Gus's plan. Walt strikes him with this quote: "I'm in, you're out." Well, this was the incident of the night. It seems Walt wants to work with the "someone" that helped preparing Gus's meth lab, not Jesse. But Walt and Jesse are like father and son. I don't think they will stay separated for long. I think they shouldn't.

Hank follows his leads. He's angry and worry, because he knows that nothing may come up from this case. And he may refused promotion for nothing. His anger increases when he learns his partner takes the promotion. But eventually he finds the right track and he closes his distance with Jesse. Now he knows that RV is a mobile meth lab, and it has relation with Jesse. I'm wondering, Walt abandoned Jesse, and Hank is obviously gonna go for Jesse, if Jesse gonna get busted? I don't think writers will kill of Jesse, but it will increase the heat for sure.

And also Skyler, I don't want to say anything about her. She thinks herself as a bi.ch, and I think that word suits for her. She continues sleeping with Ted, and at the end she starts feeling remorse. She even thought about spending Walt's drug money, what can you say to that woman? But if I'm hating from Skyler so much, that's because Anna Gunn's perfect acting. I'm very happy that she got this job at the first place. I hope she continue this brilliant acting.

Slow episode, but I think after Hank's discovery, next episode will be more "lively".

My vote is 8/10

Really, really slowly, we're getting closer to the show's former strength

Author: axel-koch from Austria
11 November 2013

After a nice retrospective introduction, "Más" finds its best moments in the emerged conflict between Walt and Jesse. The ever growing a-hole Walt can't take a joke once it's about his meth formula and it almost seems as if not even Saul's and Gus's interventions can calm the situation. But as I said: it seems. Gus has conceived of a phenomenal plan that involves the most glamorous meth lab to ever be on television and through this, we get to see his real power for the first time in the series.

In slightly related matters, Hank is determined to follow the small trail Jesse has given him and we can watch him getting a bit closer to the huge criminal business going down under his very nose. Anyway, I again didn't like this story part (eventually finding the right RV at the second search – seriously?) and would have hoped to see Bryan Cranston a bit more often. For the small amount of scenes he was in though, he did a great job and excelled in being the bad guy. However, it looks quite different at the White household where you could, if you're being overhasty, sense harmony and piece. What really impressed me – not only in these scenes – was the subtlety with which emotions and ambiances were conveyed.

Thus, the ups were clearly in abundance over the downs with "Más" and – almost more importantly – the episode showed the right direction for the ones after it.

Más (#3.5)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
2 January 2014

And Hank gets to the RV. It gets more exciting now. I really liked them showing us the flashback about how Jesse got the RV in the first place. So he just wasted the money Walt gave to him in a strip bar and then had Combo still his mother's RV. Great ending when Hank finds Combo's picture with Jesse.

Besides this Walt is back to cooking. He is in, Jesse is out. Although I doubt Jesse will stay out for long. I like them creating such a conflict between the characters.

And this episode had some great acting. I can't even tell who was best, every single individual on this show made a brilliant performance in this episode.

Anna Gunn is FANTASTIC!

Author: Red_Identity from United States
3 March 2011

For all of the awards and nominations that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have received (which they DO deserve) there is another castmember who is also fantastic. Anna Gunn has been playing Skyler for some time now and she really knows how to hit deep with her emotions and plays her perfectly. We know what White has done, but we still feel for him. We are seeing what Skyler is doing now, yet we still feel for her for different reasons. Gunn proves that this is the best ensemble cast working right now. Not to forget Dean Norris, whose character has become almost just as equally mentally unstable and who is also surprising week by week. This is a shout-out to those more underrated performers in the show.