IMDb > Go Go Reject (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Go Go Reject More at IMDbPro »

Go Go Reject is a Go Go Winner

Author: eslgr8 from Alhambra, CA
13 August 2010

Go Go Reject is a 20-minute gem of a short gay film. Producer/writer/star Heath Daniels is Daniel, an adorable would-be go-go boy rejected by club owner after club owner for being "too skinny" and "too white." A 21st Century gay male Doris Day/Jennifer Beals, Daniel vows to make his Flashdance dream come true. On the way, he meets his own Rock Hudson (smoldering Korken Alexander), all the while aided and abetted by true-blue best friend Matthew (nerdishly handsome Matthew Bridges). Michael Estime, Iva Turner, and Drew Droege shine in supporting roles, with plenty of scantily clothed hotties to provide eye candy on the way. Daniels has such boy-next- door charm, charisma, and pluck that you not only want him to succeed, you will totally buy it if and when he does. Michael J. Saul gets thumbs up for directing this entirely winning short that goes by so lickety split, you'll wish there were another twenty minutes to go at its final fadeout.

Remember the first time you went to a gay bar, starry-eyed.

Author: Attila Kállai (atka@atkafilms.com) from Canada
31 December 2012

This film was done brilliantly, it was not over bearing with the comedy. It had subtle kick-backs(beyond Jennifer Beals obvious) to other dance films, with making them obvious-and placed in at just the right moments. The actors delivered these references without pushing them, so if you got it-it was hilarious, if not, then not.

This is a total two thumbs up, one of the best LBGT films I've ever seen; it kept me smiling and wanting more.

The characters were so funny and well timed, that I found myself researching all of the actors. And speaking of the actors-going hand in hand with editing and directing by Michael J. Saul-the pacing was basically seem-less. Usually there is not enough time put into a scenes to develop it, to give an emotional transition from scenes, there's no set up-WELL HERE THERE WAS. When the pacing changed, it wasn't abrupt, instead it fit in with the feel of the film, and kept pushing you to see more.

And the slight moments are over-the-top comedy was just enough; as we all get lost in our imagination from time to time. Wanting to be that star that we've all seen in the films we watch, this made it happen.

Likable but too frantic for me

Author: preppy-3 from United States
20 June 2011

Gay short I saw at the Provincetown film festival. Nerdy gay guy Daniel (producer writer and actor Heath Daniels) watches hunky guys dancing at a gay bar. He LOVES dancing (and is quite good at it) but he's not hunky or hot enough to get a job at the bar. He meets hunky Cesar (drop dead gorgeous Korken Alexander) who agrees to help him pump up and dance in the bar. Daniel is encouraged by his best friend Matthew (Matthew Bridges).

It's quick-moving, friendly and just begging to be liked--but that's the problem. It tries so hard to make you like it that it gets annoying. The acting occasionally becomes too frantic and the story rambles all over the place. Still, I find it hard to hate this film. It was obviously a labor of love for Daniels and all the acting is great. So it isn't good but it's totally inoffensive and just begs to be liked. I give it a 5.