IMDb > "Circus" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Circus" More at IMDbPro »

Once you get into it, you'll be hooked.

Author: TheEmulator23 (Shelman23@gmail.com) from S. Lake Tahoe, CA
18 November 2010

This is an excellent Documentary series following the "Big Apple Circus" & all the personalities that make a Circus. It's a bit slow the 1st couple hours as you get to know all of the people that make up the show. However once you starting learning about them, it's not the acts they do or the job they perform that makes it so interesting. You'll get to know the clown known as "Grandma" real name Barry Lubin, & some of the trials he has to go through. You also get to know the man that created the "Big Apple Circus" & get to see him as he slowly passes the torch of the show to others. I don't want to give anything away because it's an excellent journey that you don't want to end.

PURE Magic.

Author: AMichaelL from California, United States
3 February 2012

I found this via Netflix and watched it in one unemployed day of glory. It was a spectacular journey, one that I did NOT want to end. I can honestly say this is the best thing I have ever seen from PBS and I sorely wish they would do more seasons, or even do this type of show with a different subject. I love the multiple characters who are allowed to really develop and draw your empathy over the course of the (relatively) short series. But, these aren't just characters, they are real people who happen to work in the circus. Some of them love it, some of them leave it, but the magic of Circus lies in that whether a character is talking about a tragedy or a success, in the ring or out, that the show makes you feel like a kid again and truly appreciate the amazing things people can do.