IMDb > Language of a Broken Heart (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Language of a Broken Heart More at IMDbPro »

a neurotic love novel writer, can't seem to keep his girlfriends' continued interests, returns home, and reconstructs his relationships.

Author: moviegoer from United States
1 February 2011

this film is ADORABLE. The lead actor (also the writer of the film) is charming, and the assortment of characters is well-cast. The plot is hilarious and the writing witty. Much better than the current assortment of Rom-com's out there. My only negative is that at a few places, the movie drags a bit, and it seems to be missing a key scene--this bothers me a lot---How did the girl with the luggage and the main character finally make a connection at the bar? this is somehow omitted. but, barring that, what a delightful movie---its charm has remained with me for days--i'd definitely see it again, and bring my teenagers to this film! (great movie for a date, or for a girls' night out!)

Great love story that really lets people connect.

Author: daytripper2709 from United States
4 March 2011

I went to see the premier with my wife in Dallas. I drag her to a lot of movies and once again she was complaining about going to another small budget premier on a weeknight 40 miles away in Dallas. I begged her to go and she said it was her new favorite. I cant wait for this come out in theaters so we can see it again and get a copy on DVD. Unbelievable these guys were able to make this movie on such a tight budget (500,000) or less. What a great small budget film that should definitely hit it big; and just when you thought they made a great movie, wait for the soundtrack, should be as good if not better than Garden State.

Charlie Fort Worth, TX

great great movie,funny and romantic

Author: RJ GLORIA (blocknamteam@gmail.com) from DALLAS TEXAS
2 March 2011

I had the privileged to watch the screening with the cast and crew last night and was totally satisfied. The acting was great,the script was great,the comedy was great! i laughed and the writing of the characters made me either like them or hate them and that is what great character story does! I fell in love with the main characters mother and felt her love and pain for her son. I felt the female leads pain as he chose another woman. This movie in this vein, i would say is actually better than" i hate Valentine's day" with all its star power and budget!To the cast and crew and Rocky and Juddy....great job expect big things! i think this movie will be a huge success,and wish you the best of luck!