IMDb > Army of Two: The 40th Day (2010) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Army of Two: The 40th Day (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Army of two lets friends play as mercs in wartorn Shanghai

Author: chrismueller83 from United States
10 March 2010

This game, upon first glance, looks like nothing special. Another 3rd person shooter with team capabilities.

But once you start utilizing the games unique features, you get addicted.

The game lets you customize every one of its guns in about 8 different ways including silencers, different barrels, stocks, clips, scopes, paint and much more.

The enemies are basic AI enemies but having the heavy gattling gun toting enemies makes it harder.

The campaign mode is beatable in a day but still offers many fun options. you can kill hostages or save them for money and gun parts.

You also get to make moral choices like whether to rob an old security gueard of his guns or kill the last white tiger in the world.

The battle mode is limited to five levels so it can get repetitive, but the game control itself makes for fun times.

This is a game worth buying used if you just want to online battle, it is worth buying new if you like playing the storymode.

Pretty good co-op player.

Author: wadehatfield98 (wadehatfield98@yahoo.com) from WV, America
18 May 2011

Most people told me this game was bad. I was a fan of the first game, so I tried this one out. It's a decent game for friends to get together and have fun. For single player it's starts off good but gets boring fast. The graphics were good on the characters, but the destruction graphics were kind of cheesy. I enjoyed the story and the choices they gave you. Tons of enemies were in this game, so if your a aggressive kind of shooter, there is tons of henchmen and gore to satisfy your taste. Rios is always my personal favorite, his character was solid and very tough. Elliot has changed slightly from the first game, a lot of tattoos and more reckless fun.

Single player: 7.5/10 Multiplayer: 8.0/10