IMDb > Table 7 (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Table 7 More at IMDbPro »

Not sure at first... was pleasantly surprised by the end! Awesome!

Author: kylevant from South Africa
22 March 2011

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the film. Starts out with what seemed to be a romcom scene (which I wouldn't usually be drawn too)... but the plot thickens. I saw the Asian man and I knew at that point that it wasn't your run-of-the-mill commercial attempt at a short.

Cinematography also progressed from that point on, the close up's of the Asian man's notepad drew you even further in (as, being English, I couldn't understand what was being written and so the suspense grew).

My only criticism would be the acting between the couple. Not the strongest exchange of dialogue around, but it doesn't disappoint too much.

Overall a strong, nicely shot short with just enough story to carry you all the way through. Well done! Keep it up!

Fantastic...who would have thought you could cram this much into only about 4 minutes?!

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
14 August 2010

Wow, I was really blown away by this exceptionally clever little film currently posted on the Doorpost Film Project's website. While all the films they feature are wonderful short films by young film makers and feature great production values, this one really stands out from the crowd.

A couple are eating in a restaurant. It's obvious that there is a lot of tension between them. Then, suddenly, you see an Asian guy listening in on their conversation with some sort of high-tech listening device!! What is going on here?! Well, I won't tell you! See this sweet little film for yourself. It's funny, a bit romantic and oh so wonderful. I am so happy I gave this one a try! And, I can't wait to see more from these folks!