"WWE Raw" Episode dated 22 February 2010 (2010)"WWE Monday Night RAW" Episode dated 22 February 2010 (original title)

« Prev | 1079 of 1215 Episodes | Next »

WWE continues it's downward spiral, let's hope they can pick it up, to make a good build for Mania!.

Author: callanvass
26 February 2010

I am a huge fan of Wrestling and general, especially the WWE, but I'm sick and tired of the same old crap every week.

Jericho says ever since he was attacked by Mike Tyson, he vowed never to return to Raw again, despite being the face of the company, and the most valuable performer. He changed his mind last night, because he beat 5 men in a row, and The Undertaker twice. He says once again he's The World Heaveyweight Champion and He's going to main event Wrestlemania. Edge's music hits, to a HUGE pop. He comes from the crowd, and spears Jericho . Edge tells Chris he's facing him at Mania. Woah a little anti-climatic, but it got it's point across. The crowd is completely responding to Edge as a face, and well I love Edge no matter what, he needed a change of pace.

Cena heads to the ring. He claims that Vince can add another person to the list of people he has screwed, him. He says he rightfully won The Elimination Chamber, but can't celebrate cause he had the title stolen from him. That brings out Vince. He claims it's all about business, and admits to making a business deal with Batista, and does not wanna soil his hands, on a hasbin like Bret Hart, and Bret is resting his ankle out in Canada, and in exchange Vince gave Batista a title match whenever he wanted. Vince claims it's not personal it's business, and it's Cena's fault. Cena claims Vince hired a mercenary to take the WWE title, but Cena is taking it back. Vince says Cena isn't the only one who has a rematch clause, because Sheamus deserves one as well. Vince says he's gonna put Cena in a match, and if he wins he'll face Batista. Cena asks Vince who he's gonna face, Vince says Batista. Well done, but Dave still sucks.

Divas Championship. Gail Kim Vs Maryse. I am appalled by this. All that build up, all these long drawn out segments of Maryse and Gail for this crap?. Not only do we have a person who gets no reactions like McCool as champion, we get the divas disrespected once again. Maryse wins with her DDT. Two months for this crap? whatever.

Jewel's husband Ty Murray hangs with The Bella Twins|what a surprise| while Jewel chats with Eve and Kelly. They talk about the bull riding competition later, and Jillian and Alicia Fox show up. Jillian sings sounding awful, per usual. Jillian says if Jewel doesn't start being more respectful, she's gonna send her back to living in her car. Jewel smacks Jillian. Awful segment, just awful. Jillian's gimmick is so played out, and I adore the girl, but she needs a better gimmick.

Cody insists the pipe wasn't meant to hit Orton, and was used for him to. He had heard how Ted had wanted to win all week. Orton says it's his fault, because he taught them too well, and they need to be a team, so he requested a 6 man tag. He says they have come too far, and wants Cody to tell Ted he's sorry. Dibiase shows up after, wanting to know how it went. Cody says it went too well, and they are sticking to the plan. Well done segment, well done, one of the few of the night.

Kofi Kingston&Yoshi Tatsu&Evan Bourne Vs Legacy. Match wise it's not too shabby, but the storyline buildup is absolutely phenomenal. This is one of WWE's rare good story lines, and I hope it keeps up. The faces win, when Orton betrays Legacy. Orton is definitely a tweeneer now, and the fans are digging him. Prediction, Randy Orton is WWE's next anti- hero they have desperately needed, since Austin and Rock left.

2 1/2 /5

HBK says he won't take up most of our time, and that he did what he needed to do, to get his match with The Undertaker. He knows his decision isn't popular among many, but he can live with it. He knows Taker is here tonight, and with every action, there is a reaction, and he's not just hoping for a reaction, he's counting on it. Taker comes out and says Shawn has got his attention. Shawn says that some people thought that there match last year, was the greatest match in Mania history, some have said of all time, and that as flattering as that is, Taker has to understand that Shawn wrestled a near perfect match, making one big mistake. Shawn says Taker should understand he can't live with that, and that he asked Taker nicely, even pleading with him for a rematch, to no avail. Shawn knows Taker is angry at him, and wants Taker to unleash his revenge at Wrestlemania this year, in a rematch. Taker accepts on one condition, that Shawn puts his career on the line. Wowwwwwwww. I was totally against this from the beginning, there was no way in my mind, they could come close to topping what they did last year. Amazingly enough they did it, and I'm anxiously looking forward to it.

Money in the Bank qualifier. Christian Vs Carlito. Crowd seems rather shocked Christian's on raw. Not bad for the time it got, but very predictable as well. Carlito is a full tilt jobber now, and Christian's somewhat on the rise. Christian wins with the kill switch. Personally? I think Christian should win this year's Money in the bank, and feud with Edge after he's done with Jericho.

Tag Team titles. MVP&Henry Vs Showmiz|C|. Nothing to see here, champs retain.

Wendi Richter is announced as an inductee. WOW!.

Bret will say his farewell next week.

John Cena Vs Batista. Just storyline buildup here, nothing more.

Bottom line. I can safely say you can skip this one, not enough quality stuff.