IMDb > "Victorious" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

My not-so guilty pleasure

Author: (ridingjunky) from Canada
24 April 2012

I'll start off by admitting that I'm almost 19 and I look forward to watching this show whenever it comes on YTV. I understand that Victorious is designed for a younger audience, but let's be honest, it's easily one of the most quirky and just flat-out enjoyable nic shows out there. Yes it's a touch over-dramatic and can be pretty corny, but that's all part of the show's charm. It's like the love-child of Community, Glee, and one of the other nic shows like, I dunno, iCarly - and that, as it turns out, is a pretty killer combination. All of the cast members are so talented. From musicality to comedic timing, they've got it all. All of the characters are unique and interesting - particularly Cat and Sikowitz.

Okay, I guess I'll stop ranting. To sum up, Victorious is the only live action kids show that I've ever thoroughly enjoyed, and unlike my love of Spongebob Squarepants, I'm not afraid to admit it.

"Victorious" is just that - "Victorious"

Author: dee.reid from United States
18 April 2010

I think I can make this comment short & sweet:

In the new Nickelodeon teen comedy show "Victorious," Tori Vega (Victoria Justice) enrolls at a prestigious performing arts school after taking her older sister's place in a singing contest and just absolutely wowing the audience, not to mention herself, with her singing abilities. Hilarity ensues as she tries to adjust to life at the school and learn to harness her talents in an artistic and professional manner. And we also get to know some of her friends and enemies at the school, all of whom are also quite likable and colorful, including a nerdy guy with a fast-talking puppet.

Series creator Dan Schneider ("All That," "Zoey 101," "Drake & Josh" and my personal favorite, "iCarly") has yet another hit on his hands with his latest, "Victorious," which is obviously meant to be the breakout role of star Victoria Justice, in her first starring role. I watched "All That" in the few precious years before Nickleodeon began its descent into idiocy in the late 1990s; I never watched "Zoey 101," but I do remember Victoria Justice from the "iCarly" movie "iFight Shelby Marx."

One of Schneider's gifts as an entertainer is that he knows his audience and stars better than anyone else in the business. Being a former child actor himself, he knows his audience and empathizes with them and knows what works and what doesn't. He knows how to make his audience laugh without pandering to them or insulting their intelligence. Someone from a vastly different background making this show couldn't do what he does in making teen comedy shows funny, compelling, and continually interesting to watch.

Being that I'm in my mid-20s, I grew up watching Nick when it was still in its prime in the mid-'90s, and many of its greatest-ever shows are no longer on the air, unfortunately, and have been relegated to mere childhood memories. Shows like "iCarly" and "Victorious," in my opinion, are able to give this fledgling network some semblance of credibility in trying to reel in lapsed viewers from better days gone by. And this is why I'm continually impressed by "iCarly" and "Victorious," because they're entertaining, sweet, innocent, and funny - just like some of the older shows no longer on the air were back in the day.

Like Miranda Cosgrove in "iCarly," Justice proves to be a spunky, fresh, and likable young talent to keep an eye on. And like some of her other peers, she can sing (how long will it be before she releases her first CD?). In my opinion, she and Miranda Cosgrove could definitely give other teen singing sensations of the moment like Miley Cyrus a run for their money.

Although I'm only two episodes in, I know that Dan Schneider has another teen comedy success on his hands. Victoria Justice is primed to become another teen star like some of her other cohorts on other popular Nick shows. What I can say about this show is that it is indeed very funny, and Schneider and company definitely better keep up the good work, or else!

i LOVE this show

Author: kevinwilford from Aruba
26 July 2011

Dan Schneider you've done it again! this show is awesome, good cast, acting, jokes. like everything of this show is awesome! its good for teens, children, adult...like everyone. it doesn't have cheesy jokes and stuff. if your someone who loves drake & josh, icarly etc...well then your gonna LOVE and i do mean LOVE this show. everyone is talented in this show! you can see that its a typical Dan Schneider show. my rate for this show is 10/10,i got no flaws or nothing bad 2 tell about. its just to good! and plus they have some really good songs and amazing singers. like Ariana Grande(Kat) she has this AMAZING Christina Aguilera voice! but this show, OFF THE HOOK! hope it last long!

Why is this show being canceled??????????

Author: metalface101 from Canton, Ohio
2 March 2013

Unfortunately for me I didn't come across this show until the last regular episode aired. My niece watches it all the time and I finally sat down and watched it with her, and I liked it immediately. Likable characters, and funny story lines. My favorite characters; Jade, Cat, and Rex ( yes, the puppet ). I wish I had had a teacher like Sikowitz. I hope Nickelodeon changes their mind but it's highly unlikely, even though it's the most popular show they have right now, if I read correctly. I hope all the main characters go on to future success. Dan Schneider had yet another hit with this show, and I'm sure will have another new show out soon.

Best Show ever aired in nick since Drake And Josh

Author: ljmendones from Manila, Philippines
13 April 2013

Dan Schneider is really excellent in Creating Victorious he has chose the best actors to deliver the script perfectly, Victorious is hysterically funny and one of the best shows in nickelodeon and the actors deliver the script very perfectly when there is a really funny scene they try not to laugh and they always succeed, Victorious is inspiring people who want to be pop stars someday that anything can happen like what happened to Tori she did not expect to be a student of Los Angeles best acting school, Two thumbs up, Victorious is a funny show very entertaining, They should have 9 seasons because they truly make me laugh hard and such a shame many people hate it, but what matters is your personal opinion Victorious is truly Victorious.

Perfect,if you want to relax,laugh,sing and dance!

Author: spyroulina4 from Greece
11 August 2013

This is literally one of the shows you would like to watch after a hard and tiring day. It will not make you laugh out loud in every single episode especially in the first season,but it is relaxing and funny and the characters are really interesting and unique. Also,as the seasons pasted the comedy felt more effortless and it was improving,eventually making me laugh and smile through the episodes.It helped me through a difficult time by reminding me that you have to try hard for your dreams,respect your friends and even enemies and have fun in life. It might not seem that deep,but every single episode has some kind of moral and Dan manages to show little advices for kids and adults with his one of a kind amusing way,without the audience even realizing it. I am 18 years old and i love the music in it(even though i am more fond of the old rock/jazz type of music,but their songs work for this show perfectly),especially when Liz (Jade) or Ariana (Cat) or even better the whole cast is singing. It makes me want to dance and sing with them.The whole cast is incredibly talented and i am sure they have great futures ahead of them. Wish them the best! Btw,i hope Nickelodeon regrets canceling it and sees their mistakes now that the views on their current shows are getting lower and lower. 10/10 Because this show will always be in my heart, as one of my favorite teen shows!

Best Nickelodeon Series Yet!

Author: jasonpanda123 from United States
29 November 2013

For those users who submitted a low review on Victorious, their expectations were most likely a little off. I don't know what they expected. As a 20 year old guy and long time Disney Channel and Nickelodeon fan, Victorious has been by far one of my favorite sitcoms. The humor in this show is geared towards the mid to older teenage audience, for both guys and girls.

The cast members are all naturally talented and well above average actors/actresses and musicians (As a college music major who has taken music lessons for 17 years, I would know. Trust me, these kids can sing). Generally speaking, in comparison to other Disney and Nick actors/actresses, the Victorious cast members are naturally better performers overall. Each cast member executes their lines perfectly, whether in attempt to create a cheesy, sad/heartfelt, or hysterical moment. Sure, the show has its corny moments, but that's exactly what the director wants. The connection the cast establishes with the viewers make them feel as if they actually had a personal relationship with the other.

Dan Schneider does an outstanding job with this series. Each new episode takes the audience on a new adventure with the cast, charming the audience and leaving them wanting to see more at the end of each episode. He also does an outstanding job utilizing different guest stars/actors, as well as different stage sets, conditions, and environments for the cast to utilize. Watch this series! You will NEVER get bored. My only wish is that they could have extended the production of the series in order to allow for a proper series finale.

Very victorious indeed!

Author: Mitchell McRae from United States
17 June 2013

This show is awesome. It's a goldmine of entertainment! It has the cutest character ever (Cat), the dumbest talent-hog ever (Trina), and the most cynical, sarcastic, and Gothic character ever (Jade). In one episode (The Bad Roommate), we find out that Jade likes to pick her nose! And you would not expect that from someone like her, cause she's so mean and hateful and never does silly stuff. But we know her secret now! It could be that's why she's in denial. I have to say though, when she did pick her nose, it was actually attractive! She's so beautiful, even when picking her nose! By the way: My fav character is Cat. She usually sooooo innocent but in the episode I just mentioned, she actually TWEETS about Jade's nose picking problem! I think it could have been pay-back for all the times Jade has been mean to her and others. Also, Trina is hilarious as well!

Victorious, characters and opinions...

Author: harrypotterrama from Sweden
7 July 2012

I like the show Victorious. I think it's a nice family show that most can enjoy watching. The script is usually quite witty and often it has includes some humor that all ages can enjoy. I think that Victorious is more enjoyable for people over, let's say, 13 to watch, than say iCarly. As for the characters and actors, Victoria Justice isn't a favorite of mine. She's clearly improved since the first season but I still find her character annoying and not likable. I end up relating and having more compassion to Jade (Liz Gillies) who's meant to be the mean girl that nobody likes. I think that Liz and Ariana really carries the entire show from time to time. I love Cat (Ariana Grande) as a character. She's very likable, cute and funny. Although I like the chemistry between Liz and Avan Jogia, Avan's character Beck I feel is very plain. Another funny character, played by the very funny actress Danielle Monet, is Trina who is Tori's crazy, untalented and unpopular sister who also ends up being more likable than Tori in the end (at least for me). I don't really pay much attention to the other characters like Andre (Leon Thomas) or Robbie (Matt Bennett) they aren't really the characters that bring on the most chuckles. Another quirky and funny character is Sinjin (Mike Reid) who plays this really weird character but still remains funny. Another mentionable character is the kids teacher Sikowitz (Eric Lange) that guy is hilarious! He's such a good actor!

Another solid effort from Dan Schneider

Author: lawlnick from United States
31 March 2010

After launching his career as the creative force behind All That, Dan Schneider has gone on to create some of Nickelodeon and TeenNick's best and most well-known programs, including The Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, and iCarly. His latest effort is Victorious, a Nickelodeon sitcom starring teen idol Victoria Justice. Known primarily for her supporting role in Zoey 101 and starring in the iCarly movie, iFight Shelby Marx, her first lead role in a television series finds her as Victoria "Tori" Vega, an easily likable high student whose talent is obvious to everyone but herself. After her naive sister is unable to perform at her art school's annual talent show, Victoria unwillingly takes the stage, wows the crowd, and, eventually leaves her "normal" high school to enroll at the fictional Hollywood Arts High School. From the very first day, it's clear: the transition will be a difficult one, thanks to the inherent irregularities that come with such a process, but ultimately necessary to achieving her lifelong dream.

Victorious adds little to Schneider's patented formula--the characters are still a bit odd, their dialogue quirky, and the situations they find themselves always more absurd than reasonable. Fans of Schneider's previous works will be right at home here, but unless you find Victoria Justice's character a more effective protagonist than, say, Zoey Brooks or Carly Shay, those who find shows like these predictable and cliché will likely retain the same opinion.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]