IMDb > ATM (2012/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
ATM

ATM More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 18:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The most arrogant "horror" film ever made

Author: HeroOfTomorrow from Netherlands
7 March 2012

My god, did this movie make me angry. For one, the huge, glaring plot holes make this movie so immensely illogical that it needn't even be watched. I'll give you some examples:

-parking your car fifty yards from an ATM in sub-zero weather, even though you could have parked right in front, is completely unrealistic; -spending five hours in -5 Fahrenheit wearing only a shirt will either kill you or render you completely immobile and unintelligible with pneumonia, hypothermia, frostbite, etc; -filling a room with water makes little sense when one can just OPEN THE DOOR A BIT; -a security guard asking "are you okay?" twenty times, even though the occupants have clearly and visibly written "HELP" on the window is beyond ridiculous; -the police arrest the blonde guy, but who cares? His story will actually make sense; why would he drive two cars into an ATM while he's filling it with water? Why would they think he killed his friend, even though you obviously see the girl helping out?

And it goes ONNN and ONNN and ONNN.

My biggest problem, though, is that the creators of this film are just laughing at us, the viewers. You don't know WHY this murderer is a murderer; you don't know WHY he picks the places he picks; you don't know ANYTHING. Nothing matters. There's no story arc or plot.

I don't think I've ever been this truly ticked off by a film. I do not recommend.

ATM ( A Terrible Movie)

Author: flyroundee from Canada
15 March 2012

Why? This movie not only asks you suspend belief, but it asks you to tear it into tiny pieces, light it on fire and then bury it. I was hoping it might be a 'trapped scenario' film with some good writing and twists to get around a weak premise. Nope. Everything the characters do is beyond stupid and if you have half a brain through the entire film you'll be asking yourself why they don't do the obvious. 1 Guy, 3 of them...umm run in different directions? Maybe..for a start...

Anyway, the film is boring and predictable (except that you're hoping for some sort of brilliant twist or SOMETHING worth your time at the end), a modest 3M$ budget can't excuse a horrible script, with horrible contrived plot manipulation ( the one character randomly slips when he tries to run to get help? the camera only records 3 second intervals? they couldn't set off an alarm in the span of a full night between three brains at a mall parking lot? Are walk in ATM's randomly situated in the middle of parking lots away from everything else? Why wouldn't either guy decide to team up and go kick his ass, it was apparent he had no gun as he didn't use it to kill the pedestrian and never at any point showed one, I could go on forever.) I've seen many many cheap films with much better outcomes.

On the upside, the design is fine, the acting is fine, but it doesn't account for the rest of it. I wasted my 90 mins, but you don't have to, go to an ATM, take out some money, and go see another film.

What a Waste of Time

Author: simon-d-cesair
12 March 2012

When I watched the trailer I wanted to see this movie, as it seemed intense and dramatic! However, after I have seen it now, I wished I would have done something else with my time. The three main characters are acting dumb and unrealistic; I don't even think there was anything to act because there was no real story line. I kept wondering where I have seen a killer like this before and then I remembered... "Urban Legends". I loved Urban Legends, nice and interesting story, cute actors, nice ending. But this Movie is nothing like it. Urban Legends was a master piece compared to this sad piece of ... I don't even know how to call it... Disappointment I guess... STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE.

A test on anger management

Author: Cloud182
8 March 2012

The plot, how to trick ATM surveillance cams. Level of excitement, none. This movie is too predictable, you can tell what's up next. Stupidity, a lot in this movie.

1. If you are in a party, and you know that you have a retarded office mate that tugs with you for a ride, will you care to go back to say goodbye, if you will be with a hot chick? 2. no one will walk a dog at 1am, in freezing weather 3. and of course the slip of death that cast out her girlfriend. 4. can you fill an ATM booth with water? new bar for water tightness. 5. a janitor walking beside the ATM, not noticing the dead man and police outside, being mistaken to be the serial killer and getting himself killed.

jeez, i hate going to bed with this mood.

Serial Killer and the ATM

Author: Troye Dchgl from Hong Kong
13 March 2012

So this is a horror or thriller. It is a wise choice for this movie to go without a wide cinema release. It does not really have the horror element and it can only be said to be mildly thrilling.

The title says it all. It's about three people trapped in a remote ATM and encounter a killer. I don't know if it's just me, but the first 30 minutes when I noticed the constant popping up of the CCTV footage and our title character performing aggressively, I made attempts to guess the ending, and I was right. I'm not going to spoil it here, but I promise it is not going to be a twist or stunt that blows you away. And in movies like this, it is often frustrating to watch when you know what is going to happen anyway.

While the plot does not have serious errors, the story is an overall unsatisfactory work. The acting is not top-class but okay, but the plot development and the ending are not pleasant from where I stand.

I've seen worse thrillers, but still I do not recommend this. There are better choices.

MidWest Bank's Help Guide

Author: Rhapthorne from United Kingdom
17 April 2012

Welcome to MidWest Bank's helpful guide on how to use our ATM vestibules! Please follow these tips to make the most out of your cash- wanting needs!

1. We understand that the modern lifestyle leaves little time for exercise. To help you, we recommend parking your car far from our vestibule and taking a walk across the car park. We even recommend this in sub-zero temperatures.

2. Like all banks we're really only in it for profit. This means that we don't bother paying for locks on our doors. This has the handy benefit of saving you time getting in and out.

3. Stay calm within our vestibules! Our security cameras are programmed to only film violent actions and gestures. At all other times, they just don't work.

4. We only install cameras inside the vestibule. There are none outside whatsoever, so if you want to fight – please exit and we hope you win!

5. We also don't install alarms in our vestibules. The absolute only way of setting off an alarm is by activating the fire-sprinkler system. Smash our machines all you want, as there will be no alarm! Our cameras will activate however – see point 3 above.

6. We pointlessly heat our vestibules at the moment. We don't build in any insulation, so most of this heat leaves within minutes. To save costs we will probably be removing all heating soon.

7. All our vestibules are in safe areas. Please feel free to leave your cars unlocked and valuables within, including cell phones and handbags.

8. Our security guards are hired from the finest stock of fat men that couldn't pass the police exam. We realise they are stupid, so we don't arm them either. But they do get a nice company car and a decent pension.

9. We really don't want our alarm to go off, so we install the sprinkler system high up and it can only be activated by heat. There is no way a solid blunt hit will smash the bauble and release the water and sound the alarm.

10. If you withdraw the maximum of $500 in one go you will automatically be entered into our free prize draw! The prize is a stylish Parka Coat to help keep you warm in our vestibules!

Latest winners have been:

Killer of Winnipeg – he says he spends a lot of time at our vestibules and this coat has greatly improved his activity there!

Janitor of Winnipeg – he often withdraws cash at our vestibules on his way to work. Just don't mistake him for Killer!

Security Guard of Winnipeg – one of our own employees! We even emblazoned this one with SECURITY to help make him feel special!

Banker of Winnipeg – however he busted up our vestibule so we will not be sending him his coat.

Yeah, I jest, but this film is a joke. Don't bother with it. If like plenty of other people you're tempted by the trailer, you've seen all the film has to offer.

The most stupid and dumb movie ever

Author: Rubens Junior from Brazil
19 April 2012

As someone said, ATM means A TERRIBLE MOVIE. For sure this is the most silly, stupid and ridiculous dumb movie ever. I could name it worse, but you probably don't need that.

The idea of 3 people trapped into an ATM is kinda interesting, but that's it and only. The movie is full of goofs, holes, bad acting, extremely predictable and full of absurd situations. I could point them all, but I will not waste my time as other reviews already did that better.

The killer and his Jason-esque walk is hilarious, they could probably run 3 times around the block before he gets to the corner. But the most hilarious and maybe outrageous thing was the fact that the movie is so full of goofs to a shameful level.

How could a movie like this possibly be accepted by a producing company. How could someone accept direct this kind of thing? Fill up an ATM cabin with water? Are you kidding me??? Really, people who like this kind of crap never watched a movie before. And believe me, there are reviews calling it amazing. These people are sick!

You know..

Author: ohsokool from United States
20 March 2012

...in all honesty, ATM had a small chance to be modern day thriller. The actors are decent. They can certainly get into character and that's were it all ends. All logic and common sense goes out the window from the point they reach the ATM, and park 100 damn feet from it. LOL. The thought process these 3 main characters go through trying to escape one man, leads me to believe Poppa Smurf could have held them hostage at Disneyland. Successfully. Forever.

Everything the ATM "stalker villain" does makes sense, because the 3 captives simply have zero.

Watch this flick if you're a fan of "b" movies, or simply bored and want to pick it apart and cringe and a very bad script. Again, I think the writers and directors could have had something, if only they put in a bit more thought. Great idea, horrible execution.

What the hell did I just watch????

Author: Lisa Cloverman from Germany
5 March 2012

If you've seen the trailer, you've seen about 80% of the movie itself. If you've seen the trailer, you either don't watch it cause it's lame, or you DO watch it cause you want to know HOW lame it really is.

So I sacrificed myself for you so you don't need to waste your time on this.

To be honest this movie is probably the biggest piece of $#!/ I've seen in a long, long time.

Watching the movie really made my brain hurt because I simply could not believe how stupid they were.

***SPOILER*** For Instance: The murderer parks the car right in front of the ATM door so Posh-, Scary-, and Baby-Spice wouldn't be able to get out of the ATM. As Baby Spice tries to open the door he can at least open it a little. It might not be enough to squeeze their bodies through (not if they had it planned) but it's enough to let the WATER through so the ATM wouldn't fill up with it. And that is just one out of many many MANY other stupid moments in that movie.

Of course no one has a cell phone. (If one of them would've had a cell there would be other common problems like low battery or now connection... or they forgot the number of the cops. Yes, they are that stupid)

***

Apart from that the acting is OK and the ending is not THAT bad but that's about it.

Like I said, if you've seen the trailer, you know most of the movie. You won't be really surprised by anything - It's much too predictable.

I would not recommend this to you at all.

waste of time

Author: miracleflan from Argentina
4 March 2012

When you think of a premise, it's terrific: 2 guys, a girl and a psycho. The setting and situation is awesome, yet the actual story is absolutely nonexistent. I mean, the three hostages are so STUPID, there were so many solutions, unused opportunities it was lamentable. 80 minutes of my life wasted and ruined. Not even Alice Eve's cute smile made me give it a better rating. As for the Psycho, he was laughable at most. Did he really think he could hold three young people hostage, they could each easily run in different directions and one of them was bound to escape. He was distracted so many times they could have ran away at any point during the first 2 minutes of the situation. This movie sucks

Page 1 of 18:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]