1-20 of 76 items from 2015 « Prev | Next »
To celebrate the release of “Flutter” – available on DVD 3rd August 2015 – we have a copy to giveaway!
Flutter is the unmissable sexy British thriller starring Luke Evans (The Hobbit, Dracula Untold), Joe Anderson (Hannibal, The Grey), Billy Zane (Titanic) and Mark Williams (Harry Potter, The Fast Show).
Flutter adds its own dark twist to the urban crime world familiar from films such as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch and Layer Cake – making it a killer addition to one of British cinema’s most entertaining and popular genres!
Dark, gritty and packed with surprises, Flutter is quite simply a modern British cinema gem.
You can order Flutter via Amazon here.
The competition closes at midnight on Sunday, August 9th. UK readers only please. To enter, use one of the following methods…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
By entering this competition you agree to our terms and conditions, which you can read here. »
- Gary Collinson
Liam Neeson is Hollywood’s most bankable action star. That’s a statement of fact, but how do we know it is fact? How much more bankable is he than others? First off, we take a look at the box office returns for his action films and match them against the budgets and see what sort of averages and trends pop up.
1st Disclosure: I am not a sabermetrics genius, I’m just a guy that likes to write about action movies. If somebody out there who is a sabermetrics genius saw this and said “There’s a better way to do this.”, it would only bring me joy to see my amateur work improved upon.
- Dylan Griffin
"Hope you enjoyed The Grey, and if you didn't it means you're dumb."
"33 Things We Learned From Joe Carnahan’s The Grey Commentary" was originally published on Film School Rejects for our wonderful readers to enjoy. It is not intended to be reproduced on other websites. If you aren't reading this in your favorite RSS reader or on Film School Rejects, you're being bamboozled. We hope you'll come find us and enjoy the best articles about movies, television and culture right from the source. »
- Rob Hunter
Unless you’re talking about Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters or Toy Story 3, it’s usually not a good sign to hear of a sequel to a long retired franchise, least of all from a new, upstart director (just ask Jurassic World). This week however a director started a project that might even be an improvement on the original.
Deadline exclusively reported Joe Carnahan’s (The Grey) possible involvement in Bad Boys 3. David Guggenheim (Safe House) penned a screenplay for the sequel to Michael Bay’s 1995 and 2003 films, and the studio is hoping to move negotiations along quickly, as they plan to approach both Will Smith and Martin Lawrence to return.
We talked recently about Brad Pitt‘s involvement on a new project just bought by Netflix, but their top competitor Amazon has signed another major name: Terry Gilliam. Indiewire spoke with the cult director and Monty Python alum, »
- Brian Welk
Update: Joe Carnahan (The A-Team, The Grey) is in "early talks" to re-write and possibly direct the third installment in the Bad Boys series of action-comedies. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence teamed with director Michael Bay for the first two films in 1995 and 2003; Sony Pictures would like Smith to consider doing the project after completing work on Suicide Squad. [Deadline] Back in August of 2014 Martin Lawrence officially announced the production on Conan O'Brien's show. Check out our original story on that below. Previously... Look out, Internet – Martin Lawrence says Bad Boys 3 is coming. The actor, who’s currently out doing press for his new series Partners, was on the Conan O’Brien Show...
- Mike Bracken
Joe Carnahan In Talks To Rewrite Script For And Direct Bad Boys 3. The director of films as as incredible as Narc (2002) and The Grey (2011) and films as mediocre and forgettable as Smokin’ Aces (2006) and The A-Team (2010) is in early talks to rewrite David Guggenheim‘s script for Bad Boys III and possibly direct.
Bad Boys (1995) was one of my favourite action films of the 1990s. All of Michael Bay‘s kineticism was on display, but restrained and measured. This was before he got all that ‘Fuck You Money’ and retreated to chugging out plastic rollercoaster rides in the form of Transformers movies. The attitude of that movie was fun and in your face, it was a rated R buddy-cop film that was filled with incredible action scenes.
The pinnacle of this great aforementioned combination of creative output is strangely found in Bad Boys 2, for most. I was always »
- Marco Margaritoff
As a fan of Joe Carnahan's work -- Narc, Stretch, Smokin' Aces, The Grey -- I'm pretty much up for whatever he's working on next and the idea of him stepping in for Michael Bay and taking over the Bad Boys franchise sounds like something right up his alley. Word from Deadline is Carnahan has been brought on to take a pass at David Guggenheim's script for a Bad Boys 3 with eyes at possibly directing. The goal is to have the project ready for Will Smith to consider as soon as he's done shooting Suicide Squad with David Ayer. Considering Smith could use a couple big hits after After Earth and the modest returns for Focus, I have to imagine he'd be up for returning to one of his most popular franchise and I think we all know Martin Lawrence is in. In fact, Lawrence was on »
- Brad Brevet
For pretty much a decade, Sony has been trying to get Will Smith and Martin Lawrence to return and make "Bad Boys 3." In 2009, the studio hired Peter Craig ("The Town") to write a script, and when that one didn't take, David Guggenheim ("Safe House," "Stolen") was tapped to give it a whirl. And it seems more work needs to be done, and another high profile name is being brought into the fold. Joe Carnahan ("The Grey," "The A-Team," "Smokin' Aces") has been hired to rewrite the script with an eye to possibly direct the movie as well. So, time to start popping the champagne? Not quite. The most important cog in this machine, the picky Will Smith, hasn't agreed to anything just yet and Deadline notes that Sony is racing to get a new script done so the actor can "consider" the movie for his next project once he's finished with "Suicide Squad. »
- Kevin Jagernauth
Michael Bay has been interested in returning for a third "Bad Boys" installment, but has been busy with other projects. Now comes word that Sony Pictures is moving forward with the new sequel and is talks with Joe Carnahan (The Grey) to write and direct the film. Sony is hoping that Will Smith and Martin Lawrence will reprise their roles. In fact, the studio is rushing "Bad Boys 3" toward production in order to make the film be the next project for Smith after "Suicide Squad." The first "Bad Boys" movie was released in 1995 and earned only $141 million worldwide on a budget of $19 million. The 2003 sequel raised the budget to $130 million and grossed $273 million worldwide. »
In 2014, producer Jerry Bruckheimer told Digital Spy that he wanted Bay to return to the franchise.
"We'd love to get Michael Bay [but] he's very busy right now. Hopefully we can twist his arm and get him in there, »
It’s been a long time since we heard anything about Bad Boys 3, a movie that has been talked about a lot, but one I think we resign ourselves to never seeing the more we hear about it maybe happening. But the latest piece of news about the second sequel (fifteen years after Bad Boys 2) to Michael Bay’s most beloved franchise is something that fills me with hope, with Deadline reporting that Joe Carnahan, no stranger to big budget, over the top action thanks to The A-Team and Smokin’ Aces (but also capable of a whole lot more, as we saw with Narc and The Grey), is being brought in by Sony with an eye to re-write David Guggenheim’s existing script, and possibly direct if it finally goes forward. Michael Bay seems totally enamoured with giant CG robots at the moment, so if he isn’t returning, »
- email@example.com (Tom White)
The idea of a Bad Boys 3 has been floating around since at least 2009, but Sony hasn’t yet found an idea or script it really likes. Safe House writer David Guggenheim was most recently working up the screenplay, and now the studio has The Grey’s Joe Carnahan in early talks to take a crack at a new draft with an eye to potentially directing.It’s still all early days – Carnahan does not have a deal yet, but Sony definitely wants this brought to a place that could make Will Smith happy enough to sign on quickly, so that he can consider working on it after Suicide Squad. Whether that happens remains to be seen, and the third outing has certainly waited long enough already, so it can stand a bit more of a delay. But Carnahan as a director would also seem to be a good choice »
It's little secret that plans have been afoot for a third Bad Boys movie for some time, with the problem, as producer Jerry Bruckheimer told us back in summer 2013, being reuniting the key personnel. Back then, he was "trying to find a hole in Will Smith's schedule", and with regards director Michael Bay (who helmed the first two films), "trying to get on his docket".
With Michael Bay's future seemingly tied into making endless Transformers movies right now though (as well as new sci-fi movie Time Salvager), it seemed that the chances of him finding time for Bad Boys 3 were slim. And so it's proven, as a new director is apparently now in talks to make the film.
We love Bad Boys here at Thn, and can’t believe that Michael Bay hasn’t serviced us with one since 2003. Now it looks like the challenge of putting a Bad Boys 3 movie onto the screen has fallen to The Grey director Joe Carnahan who is in very early talks to write and direct.
The filmmaker, who also brought us that rather brilliant Narc movie many years ago, will actually rewrite David Guggenheim‘s ‘strong draft’ for a potential Bad Boys 3 movie for producer Jerry Bruckheimer. Deadline, who broke the story, reveal that this could be Will Smith‘s next movie following his work on the Suicide Squad movie over at Warner Bros.
- Paul Heath
Joe Carnahan, writer and director for action flicks like The Grey and The A-Team, has been reportedly approached by Sony to take over their Bad Boy franchise. According to reports Carnahan could be taking a look at a previous draft of the script from Safe House writer David Guggenheim and reworking it. Carnahan may also direct this third film. The same report over at Deadline suggests that Sony wants to get moving on this and sign up Carnahan so they have a film ready for Will Smith to consider once he is done with Suicide Squad. Martin Lawrence is unofficially waiting at home by phone for something, anything, to happen. Personally, I love the Bad Boy flicks. Ask me some time about the time I went to...
[Read the whole post on twitchfilm.com...]
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, y'all -- Bad Boys 3 is still alive. About a year ago, we heard that Martin Lawrence was still interested in pursuing a third installment of the franchise, and David Guggenheim was working on a script. According to Deadline, that draft is now apparently being looked over by Joe Carnahan, who is in possible talks to write and/or direct the possible film. [caption id="attachment_282198" align="alignright" width="350"] Image via Columbia Pictures[/caption] Surely part of the film's viability revolves around whether or not Will Smith will be able to return. Word is that the studio is looking to have everything in place for Bad Boys 3 soon enough that Smith might be able to slot it in after Suicide Squad. As for Carnahan, he would be taking the reins from the director of the first two films, Michael Bay. But Carnahan has cut his teeth both on well-received low-budget films such as The Grey, »
- Allison Keene
After many years of on-again, off-again development, Bad Boys 3 is about to take a big step forward. Writer-director Joe Carnahan (The Grey) is circling the action sequel, while Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are being courted to return. Learn all about the Bad Boys 3 Joe Carnahan news after the jump. Deadline reports Carnahan is in early talks to rewrite the […]
- Angie Han
Smith starred with Martin Lawrence in 1995’s “Bad Boys” and 2003’s “Bad Boys II” with Michael Bay directing both films. Both of the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced films were quite successful with the first grossing over $140 million worldwide and the second taking in over $270 million.
Carnahan closed a deal in March to direct “Motorcade” for DreamWorks. Carnahan most recently directed “Stretch,” starring Patrick Wilson, Ed Helms and Chris Pine, and has also been busy on the TV front, exec producing the NBC dramas “Blacklist” and “State of Affairs.”
Other past credits include “The Grey, »
- Dave McNary
Carnahan does not have a deal in place yet, but his masculine sensibility and efficient filmmaking style seems a good fit for the franchise which had two previous entries directed by Michael Bay.
Source: The Wrap »
- Garth Franklin
The Midnight Swim features an almost entirely female cast and will arrive in theaters and VOD in the U.S. later this month. Also in this round-up: casting details for Lavender and an excerpt from the horror fantasy novel Into the Darkness.
Spirit Lake is unusually deep. No diver has ever managed to find the bottom, though many have tried. When Dr. Amelia Brooks disappears during a deep-water dive, her three daughters travel home to settle her affairs. They find themselves unable to let go of their mother and become drawn into the mysteries of the lake."
Press Release -- "Lavender, »
- Tamika Jones
1-20 of 76 items from 2015 « Prev | Next »
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners