IMDb > "Franklin & Bash" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Franklin & Bash"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Franklin & Bash" More at IMDbPro »

Don't write this show off just yet

Author: reneweddan from United States
21 June 2011

This show seems to be improving with every episode. The series premiere was great, but episode 2 was better, and episode 3 was even better.

Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer, alongside the other cast members all perform well.

Franklin and Bash is truly refreshing with creative dialogue, unique (extremely unique) scripts, and quality acting. The show is quality compared to many other legal shows I've seen.

I agree that this show might not be the next Lost, but it definitely succeeds at entertaining and that's all that matters to me. This series is great for what it is and it does what it's suppose to do: entertain.

Give this show a chance, but if you can, let it grow on you since the first three episodes progressively improve.

Hopefully this show lasts as long as possible, granted quality does not falter.

I Like It

Author: TamPalm from United States
2 July 2011

At first, I didn't want to tune into this show. I had chalked it up to just yet another soon-to-fail court show of Mark Paul's aka Zach Morris. But seeing as how it was hyped sooo much, I broke down and gave it a try...It's been on my DVR ever since.

While the bravado of the two lawyers is a bit over-the-top and you'll find yourself wanting the show to be more like "Law and Order" in which the lawyers don't magically win EVERY case, you eventually come to terms with the rules of the show and it doesn't bother you too much. This is because the witty writing, appealing characters, and solid acting outweigh the show's weak points. At its core you come to accept that this is not a drama, it's a comedy centered around the law, not the other way around--and that's all it wants to be. And it works.

7.5 out of 10 so far.

Better then I thought it would be

Author: Maniac-9 from St. Louis, MO
3 February 2012

I turned into the pilot episode since there was nothing else on that night so it's like "sure why not give the show a chance", thinking there might be a 50% chance I like the show so it could be a new show to add to my weekly watching schedule. After that first episode I was absolutely hooked. The show was not only funny but actually a decent show about lawyers. But at the same time still having some interesting cases that aren't done on other law shows. And unlike Law & Order and so on all the cases aren't just murder cases.

It's a good overall cast with Mark Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer in the leads with Malcolm McDowell as their boss. Even has Reed Diamond from Homicide and The Shield fame on the show.

A perfect mixture of Comedy and Court Room Drama

Author: Stella S from United States
27 July 2011

When I first heard about this show I was sure that it was going to be one of those Law dramas without any purpose and no story line from episode to episode.

However, as I began to watch the show I realized that it was a perfect blend of comedy and court room drama. The actors in this show really portray their characters very well.

Although this show is not full of meaningful and heartwarming lessons of life, it is just purely a comedic and dramatic master peace which can be appealing to any age group, ranging from teenagers to grandparents.

Entourage Meets Boston Legal

Author: ayochristian from United States
22 June 2011

First off, I think this show is more directed toward viewers in their early 20's and for people not so critical about law.

With that being said, I think a lot of the older cats who watched Boston Legal and The Practice will write this show off. The humor, plot, and characters relate more to the younger crowd than the old.

Cool music, hot chicks, and two funny friends having a good time being lawyers.

If you like Entourage and know enough lawyer jargon, then I recommend this show. Also, if you liked The Lincoln Lawyer (the movie), check this show out.

Yes, People Over 40 Watch

Author: jennface1 from United States
29 July 2012

This show is a fun little ride for what it is. Malcolm McDowell in anything is enjoyable to watch as he chews the scenery. As for Franklin & Bash they are good time boys that will give you a good time. No expectations and a whole lot of fun that is no where near believable. It's good for what it is. The networks offer nothing on Tuesday. I can't say it's a great fit with Rizzoli and Isles but I just started watching that show too.

TNT is doing something right to get two 40 somethings to watch on Tuesdays and that my husband doesn't bitch the whole time...you're doing great.

Great Show

Author: cali-107 from Canada
13 September 2011

I found this show by mistake. It was such a pleasant surprise.

I have not enjoyed a show so much in a very long time.

I hope a lot of people tune in and keep it on the air.

I look forward to watching in the future.

Should be advertised more.

I think the show should have much more exposure to the public.

If that happens it will be a long running show.

\Love it Love it....

The actors are excellent along with the scripts.

I look forward to watching future shows

Wild, offbeat, sexy and witty rule breaking legal series!

Author: Danny Blankenship from Petersburg, Virginia
20 June 2011

Been watching this new TNT series this summer and this legal drama which pushes the button even for a cable series, is downright fun and enjoyable! Franklin & Bash is full of wit, pleasure, rule breaking and sexy scenes to make one wish they were living the life of these two hot young lawyers! The work and chemistry from the actors is top notch with veterans Mark Paul Gosselaar("Raising the Bar" and "Saved by the Bell")and Malcolm McDowell("A Clockwork Orange")and enter new guy on the block Breckin Mayer who's also a treat, plus the show provides plenty of eye candy with appearances from the hot ladies and frequent guest stars give it spice to go along with the sweet and crazy sugar type cases that the duo try to defend! Set in the city of Angels and sunny southern Los Angeles, California these two young and hot lawyers Peter Bash(Mark Paul Gosselaar)and Jared Franklin(Breckin Mayer)who enjoy pop culture movie trivia, video games and searching for hot young women have their own ways of winning cases of the law! Even though they slack some they know the tricks and trade of the legal system and the behind the scenes and under the table ways to win measures of justice! Because a little background and undercover work will help win cases! And many of their cases are crazy many involve something that relates to sex! Wild and push the envelope series, still this uncommon and unorthodox success catches the eye of a powerful firm leader(Malcolm McDowell). After joining the ranks the sky is the limit for this young tag team legal duo. Overall good series that does things it's own way still in the meantime it's a feel good guilty pleasure that's watchable.

Painless, enjoyable legal dramedy

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
5 October 2014

Franklin and Bash are 2 buddies who work together as a lawyers and represent their clients using unconventional ways. They like to party and to have a good time but that it is not get in their way for winning the cases they have been entrusted.

Fast dialogs, one-line jokes, teasing, and quirky humor make this basically a comedy and the many scenes between just the 2 main characters has a strong "buddy-movie" feel, but the legal drama is also present nevertheless.

The series it survived 4 seasons already and that can tell you something about its success. The main problem is that the producers somehow feel obliged to surpass previous cases and events, so you might feel overwhelmed, but in series like this, that is to be expected.

Overall: It's a good, easy-watchable show to say the least.

The successor to Boston Legal?

Author: butterflybaydesign
2 July 2011

One of the reviews above suggested that the fans of Boston Legal and The Practice wouldn't appreciate Franklin & Bash. I have to disagree! Boston Legal is my favorite show of all-time, and I still mourn it's demise, and when watching Franklin & Bash I keep wanting to see a BL crossover. The shows would mesh perfectly.

While neither of the main characters has the 'passion' that Alan Shore displayed, they are both set to build into characters that are just as wonderful, given the chance. I really look forw3ard to seeing how this show and the characters develop.

Also - Malcolm McDowell rocks!