IMDb > Abduction (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Abduction

Abduction More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 18: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Don't loose your time watching this movie.

Author: lash36 from United States
13 January 2012

The story is OK, but acting is so bad. Taylor Lautner needs to go to an Acting school NOW! He needs to stop just making faces all the time and Get into the character. If you have breaking arm or you are sick on Bed, watch it. 7.5 million dollars! Wow, he does not deserved, as all The movies he was acting the lines, the way he walk everything is Wrong, he is good in fighting, no talking, showing his abs and the with Teeth. The other actors you will forget as soon the movie end. Thank You. I do not have much to write, music OK, length OK, casting Uhhhhh. My wife was sleeping the last 20 minutes. IMDb gave the perfect score to this movie and this is great.

worth a look

Author: catear13
28 October 2011

The first time I saw this movie I stopped after half an hour, because it seemed so silly. This was before the (not entirely unexpected) irrational making out between Nathan (Lautner) and Karen (Collins)to name just one completely illogical piece of the plot. My friends convinced me to come along and see it so I thought why not, and can't say I didn't enjoy myself. Yes, you can tell how it's going to end ten minutes into the movie, yes you get to see Lautners abs in just about every scene for no apparent reason and yes, there are a lot of overly dramatic shots of Lautners face trying to depict an emotion which then comes out looking like constipation. But there's some action, some kissing, some drama and with some suspension of disbelief it's an okay movie. Surprisingly, there are some cast members you wouldn't expect to be acting alongside the likes of Lautner (Sigourney Weaver, Jason Isaacs etc.) which is a good thing, otherwise the movie would be even more of a teenie movie pretending to be something serious(which in essence it still is). All in all, go see, have a laugh (that Lautner surprised face is worth a look)but don't come with high expectations.

Abduction.....well?

Author: robin_bird59 from United States
3 October 2011

So, I can't say that it was my favorite movie, but I will say if you are a fan of The Twilight Saga you will love this movie, but just cause Taylor Latner takes his shirt off, doesn't make it a good movie. It is very fast paced, and I will say some of the fighting scenes are pretty good, but Taylor Lautner isn't made for this kind of action movie. Lily Collins definitely wouldn't have been at the top of my list for the lead female role, I feel like she would do better in a love story, but i will say it did look like she tried her best to make this movie. If you watch this movie, I suggest that you pay attention to names, because there are a bunch of different characters and if you don't pay attention, you will be lost. Overall the movie was, alright, it definitely could've been better though.

In recent films like these, its better if you weren't know for Twilight

Author: John Maynes from United States
1 October 2011

Notice how i didn't score this review?

Thats cause its not worth the score.

Not to mention its receive the same bashing as the latest Johnny Depp movie, remember that? The Tourist, yeah its that movie but watching an amateur version of the Bourne Identity

Yes i am bashing the film on my return to IMDb.com

I appreciate all the emails i've received asking where've i've gone, I've been busy pretty lately thanks for your concern but lets get started.

I could've at least picked a better film to make a huge comeback but, as always i'm dragged into these situations.

Its starts off as usually, mind numbingly slow, then the dialog...gets pretty in laughable?

Since when did chase movies become laughable, well apparently even the writer had something but failed, you know the story was so bad he should marry Stephanie Meyers, at least we all know there's another person out there to match up to her dumb ideas,plus with a cheap 10 cents worth of an hunk head, Taylor Launter, Uh you know the film's gonna suck if you see his name or face on the poster of any movie even if it turns out to be good he's gonna be up for a razzie big time!.

Taylor..you're better off doing twilight, not even getting big can put you out there as a star, lets face it, you know how most models show up in movies, thats because of their good looks, how do you think Launter's famous? he can't act, he can't even make serious.

I doubt this'll up as a dating movie, even the women in our little get together said this was utterly ridiculous.

Its like watching an old Michael Bay film when he didn't care about acting, story and direction, he just wanted to make the experience good and to make a fool out of you for your cold hard cash.

Another fact, even Michael Bay would've made this better, and that i do mean that in a good way, he did a rather good job with Transformers;Dark of the moon.

OK to make it quick.

Just skip to right here!

Story- Retarded

Direction- as bright as uwe boll, and as stupid as an old copy cat of michael bay.

Acting- The funniest part of the movie, sorry Weaver someday you"ll get redemption.

Overall- Its one of the worst action movies since the Green Hornet, cause it was suppose to be an action movie...not a comedy

Quite good - ignore the bad reviews

Author: phd_travel from United States
8 April 2012

I don't understand the bad reviews. For what it is, I thought this was quite an exciting, well paced action movie that isn't needlessly violent. The various action sequences and fight scenes were quite well done and not deja vu.

Taylor Lautner's acting has been blasted in the past but here the movie doesn't rely too much on great acting so it's okay. Lily Collins is very pretty and has star quality - expect to see lots more of her in the next years. The adults are all quite A list even if they don't have huge parts. Sigourney Weaver, Alfred Molina Maria Bello and Jason Isaacs add stature to the movie.

Overall quite good entertainment - worth a watch.

Better than expected

Author: barger-jm from United States
3 April 2012

Our family of 4, two adults, two teens, were thoroughly entertained. A good action movie and the actors were well above average. Have seen Bourne films. Have seen Mission Impossible films. This one held its own. After the movie, our family commented that the movie deserved a sequel--and we hope they do one.

If they make another film, they might do a better job with the timing of the love/affection scenes. Also, the father-son relationship needs to be a bit more realistic. These aspects of the film was not well developed.

Those who are looking for a good action film with an entertaining story line and appealing characters should see this film and also hope they make another.

A very good action movie!

Author: MovieGuy01 from United Kingdom
8 March 2012

I really enjoyed watching Abduction. I found it to have a very good storyline, i particularity thought that Taylor Lautner (Nathan) and Lily Collins (Karen) acting was great. One day Nathan & Karen are over at Nathan's parents home and Karen happens to come across a website which has lots of photos of children who are missing or may have somehow been abducted. all of a sudden Karen is sat at the computer and she manages to age one of the photos on the website. Suddenly the photo turns out to be one of Nathan when he was just a child. Nathan becomes really confused and wants to know exactly what is going on because his mother will not tell him. He then start to think that he may have been abducted, and that his parents are not really his real ones. The movie really kept me interested all the way through. The storyline was very gripping and kept me on the edge of my seat almost the whole length of the movie. I would really recommend people to see this movie as it has a lot of great action happening in it.

Not like Twilight

Author: lalitdevraj from United States
2 February 2012

Yes, its Taylor Lautner, but personally I do not feel that this movie is in the 4-5 band. I feel it is greater than a 6, but less than a 7.

Possibly it is an overflow of hatred from the protagonist in this movie being in the Twilight series which averaged down the rating for this, but I must say it is a good movie.

The storyline is rather basic with minor twists, but the screenplay did augment the movie overall. Cast, except Taylor who is the USP for the movie, could have been better.

Worth a watch as it does display the 'Thriller' genre as stated but at the PG-13 level of course.

Excellent

Author: lindstromsl
23 January 2012

This movie kept me on the edge of my seat. I've watched it numerous times and each time it get's better. This young man Taylor Lautner is well spoken, clean cut, polite and a cute pie,no I'm not a dirty old lady but Taylor Lautner has grown immensely since the 1st twilight. His acting range is show in this movie. Good Luck to him! P.S. Lilly Collins is a Doll Baby The plot is great, kept me guessing the whole time. Was more than action packed and to me Lautner and Collins have fantastic chemistry. Lautner has matured and it really showed to me in this movie. I have watched it on Xfinity and will definitely go purchase the DVD as soon as I can. I give this film an excellent review, and have already recommended it to my friends on face book.

Huh???

Author: jackarute from Austin, TX
28 September 2011

Those dumbfounded by the 3.6 dumbfound me. How they got an A-list supporting cast and director for this turd of a movie also dumbfounds me. One the reviews(maybe more) mentioned how it was just attempt to cash in on the whole Twilight/Lautner phenomena. That seems to be the best/only explanation that has any merit. It should be clear to anyone that Taylor Lautner cannot act. To put it nicely, you could say he has a very limited range, but within that range no dialogue is spoken. It's a couple of facial expressions and a pose. Putting Taylor aside, the movie is listless and meandering. I didn't ever get drawn into the story or develop any attachment to the characters, good or bad. So I will assign some blame to the screen writing. Really it would take much too long to write a professional critique, but I think to say this is not a good movie (even on a rainy day) will suffice. I suppose I will just be labeled as a hater, but I at least wanted to do my part in offsetting any inflation in the ranking due to some ass clown giving this movie a 10. That's not to say my rating is artificial. In my opinion this movie is awful, but normally I would not take the time to review a 1.