IMDb > Abduction (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Abduction

Abduction More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 16: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

Don't loose your time watching this movie.

Author: lash36 from United States
13 January 2012

The story is OK, but acting is so bad. Taylor Lautner needs to go to an Acting school NOW! He needs to stop just making faces all the time and Get into the character. If you have breaking arm or you are sick on Bed, watch it. 7.5 million dollars! Wow, he does not deserved, as all The movies he was acting the lines, the way he walk everything is Wrong, he is good in fighting, no talking, showing his abs and the with Teeth. The other actors you will forget as soon the movie end. Thank You. I do not have much to write, music OK, length OK, casting Uhhhhh. My wife was sleeping the last 20 minutes. IMDb gave the perfect score to this movie and this is great.

Poor Acting. Vague

Author: shhh_222 from India
20 December 2011

Movie starts of with college party, actress drops of her guy and to take up our hero in 2 scenes. The sequences are very school drama type, there was no real screenplay. The Guy just shows off his body and that's it. Parents die before him, he goes back to save her love and wants to screw her even in that situation. The Guy spoiled the whole movie with his acting, he was rigid and there was no expression. HE needs to improve a lot in acting. The movie looked like it was directed by a guy straight out of school. The storyline was much worse. A guy saves some information about high officials in govt. and gets his son new identity for his safety. He keeps the data idle until the boy becomes a teenager. The teenage boy finds out he lives on a false identity and confronts his mother who is a appointed protector for him. She doesn't check on how he found out but cries like a adopted mother. The parents who brought him up are dead and he is chased by bad guys but he takes leisure time to make love to his GF. Atlast the data is handed over to correct authority, it shows as though the details was about current officials for which his wife was murdered and he keeps his son hidden until his teenage. Its very comical and vague. Sorry to post such bad review but I feel the movie deserved it.

worth a look

Author: catear13
28 October 2011

The first time I saw this movie I stopped after half an hour, because it seemed so silly. This was before the (not entirely unexpected) irrational making out between Nathan (Lautner) and Karen (Collins)to name just one completely illogical piece of the plot. My friends convinced me to come along and see it so I thought why not, and can't say I didn't enjoy myself. Yes, you can tell how it's going to end ten minutes into the movie, yes you get to see Lautners abs in just about every scene for no apparent reason and yes, there are a lot of overly dramatic shots of Lautners face trying to depict an emotion which then comes out looking like constipation. But there's some action, some kissing, some drama and with some suspension of disbelief it's an okay movie. Surprisingly, there are some cast members you wouldn't expect to be acting alongside the likes of Lautner (Sigourney Weaver, Jason Isaacs etc.) which is a good thing, otherwise the movie would be even more of a teenie movie pretending to be something serious(which in essence it still is). All in all, go see, have a laugh (that Lautner surprised face is worth a look)but don't come with high expectations.

Abduction.....well?

Author: robin_bird59 from United States
3 October 2011

So, I can't say that it was my favorite movie, but I will say if you are a fan of The Twilight Saga you will love this movie, but just cause Taylor Latner takes his shirt off, doesn't make it a good movie. It is very fast paced, and I will say some of the fighting scenes are pretty good, but Taylor Lautner isn't made for this kind of action movie. Lily Collins definitely wouldn't have been at the top of my list for the lead female role, I feel like she would do better in a love story, but i will say it did look like she tried her best to make this movie. If you watch this movie, I suggest that you pay attention to names, because there are a bunch of different characters and if you don't pay attention, you will be lost. Overall the movie was, alright, it definitely could've been better though.

Juvenile Action Flick

Author: 3xHCCH from Quezon City, Philippines
2 October 2011

After watching this juvenile action flick, you will find that "Abduction" is strangely titled because at the end of everything, absolutely no one gets or got abducted! Haha! Anyway, if you imagine this film to be the junior version of the Bourne films, you may get what you want. But Taylor Lautner is no Matt Damon. In "Abduction," Lautner plays Nathan, a conflicted teenager who gets his world turned upside down when he sees his face on a website for missing children.

All you see in the poster is Taylor Lautner name and picture. But as the credits were being showed, you will be surprised with all the big names who are involved with this seemingly B-movie. The director is John Singleton, who launched his career with an Oscar nomination for Best Director with "Boyz N the Hood." You do not really hear much about him lately though. In the supporting cast are notable actors like Alfred Molina, Jason Isaacs and Sigourney Weaver.

The story is sort of interesting and twisty. There is a bit of the recent film "Hanna" in it somewhere, with a teenage protagonist, as well as the CIA and family issues. However, the execution is too tacky and florid. Too many convenient coincidences. The acting is mediocre, just as you would expect for a B-action movie. At this point, if ever Taylor makes more movies like this after the "Twilight" franchise, he would probably be only at the level of Jean Claude Van Damme or Jason Statham. It is now his move to prove our prediction wrong.

Quite good - ignore the bad reviews

Author: phd_travel from United States
8 April 2012

I don't understand the bad reviews. For what it is, I thought this was quite an exciting, well paced action movie that isn't needlessly violent. The various action sequences and fight scenes were quite well done and not deja vu.

Taylor Lautner's acting has been blasted in the past but here the movie doesn't rely too much on great acting so it's okay. Lily Collins is very pretty and has star quality - expect to see lots more of her in the next years. The adults are all quite A list even if they don't have huge parts. Sigourney Weaver, Alfred Molina Maria Bello and Jason Isaacs add stature to the movie.

Overall quite good entertainment - worth a watch.

Excellent

Author: lindstromsl
23 January 2012

This movie kept me on the edge of my seat. I've watched it numerous times and each time it get's better. This young man Taylor Lautner is well spoken, clean cut, polite and a cute pie,no I'm not a dirty old lady but Taylor Lautner has grown immensely since the 1st twilight. His acting range is show in this movie. Good Luck to him! P.S. Lilly Collins is a Doll Baby The plot is great, kept me guessing the whole time. Was more than action packed and to me Lautner and Collins have fantastic chemistry. Lautner has matured and it really showed to me in this movie. I have watched it on Xfinity and will definitely go purchase the DVD as soon as I can. I give this film an excellent review, and have already recommended it to my friends on face book.

What's with all the bad reviews?!

Author: maddyonamission from los angeles, ca
19 January 2012

I'm confused. Why is everyone comparing this to Bourne identity? Completely different in my opinion. But on its own, this movie was great! I was glued the whole time. I don't see why all the low stars..I think people just jump on the bandwagon of bad reviews when they see a majority hating on a movie. Or maybe they just love to hate any movie with a twilight star in it's. But whatever the reason, this movie was not as bad as they make it sound. Sure you can sit and dissect this movie for flaws, any movie for that matter, but what ever happened to just watching an entertaining movie for a good time?! Fun lil action flick. Exciting. And if you're looking for an entertaining movie during a random night, this is a good choice! I'm no teenie- bopper, but it doesn't hurt that Taylor lautner is an 8-pack ab hotttttie! Lol enjoy!

Was not a good movie, like, at all!

Author: bcrewe-1 from Canada
28 September 2011

I just went to see this film, I was actually excited about this movie at first, and in all honestly, It was a very fun movie. But OMG, Taylor Lautner is one of the wort actors I have ever seen. He (In my opinion) Is no where near ready to Hold up a movie in the position of a leading roll. I get that his recent popularity Is what most people are going to see, but come on...... What 16 year old kid can take down a bunch of CIA People, oh wait, Taylor Lautner can. The story was very unrealistic. Not at all what I had hoped for. I will say that Lily Collins did a pretty good job In the film though, I expect great things out of her. But I just cant get over Taylor Lautner. If you want to go see a film that emphasize on seeing him ripped and many situations where his body is shown off, then this film may be for you. But I expect more out of a film, There are so many good actors out there that could have done a much better job, They may not be the 'Sex Symbol" that comes with Taylor, but at least they can act. He is a Steven Seagal in the making.

how the mighty have fallen

Author: jcallows from United States
18 August 2013

How did Sigourney Weaver end up in this? And Alfred Molina too? He was headed in the right direction when he took that huge role in Spider-Man 2 after not capitalizing on the success of his role in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Now he just took a step back into obscurity. This film was even beneath Maria Bello.

With a fairly decent supporting cast and a decent director in John Singleton, you'd expect at least a decent film, despite Taylor what's-his-face. But this film managed to beat the odds and stank.

This film was a derivative of many films. It even lifted lines directly from a little known 90's film called Sneakers. I guess the writers thought nobody would remember that movie. But, unfortunately, I did because Sneakers, unlike this one, was a pretty good and actually an underrated film.

Besides some obvious similarities to a certain Matt Damon series of films, this film did have potential. And it did have a few good action sequences. Because of this, it did take me away from my texting and video gaming every now and then and brought my attention back to the movie.