IMDb > Abduction (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Abduction

Abduction More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 17: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

semi reliable film

Author: torstensonjohn from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8 December 2012

In the interest of the critics and audience this had moments where the the film held its own. The film is a induced with characteristics of Bourne meets Spy Kids meets the old film Cloak and Dagger. The genre of spy/action/suspense and drama rolled into one has run its course through the industry. With the likes of Alfred Molina, Maria Bello(gorgeous as always)Jason Isaacs, and Sigourney Weaver helped the interest, the wrong casting was the lead of Lautner who is just dull. The movie did move quickly and was able to hold interest throughout. The fight scene were decently choreographed, the action scenes could have been better evolved in the genre of things. Not a terrible film but definitely not one that spoke to you in volumes. If in fact your invested in watching a suspense,action, drama ride for a little bit then pick this one to see.

Thrilling At Times, Bummer At Times

Author: jimmyro from Israel
11 May 2013

As teen flics go, I relinquished a demand for total logic of my own volition. The movie began alright, and moved into the thriller suspense genre smooth enough. Even the initial action scenes were acceptable. Then came the wall known as linear plot development. Things stop making sense, became totally unbelievable and I stopped caring. The leading lady looks like a petite fourteen year old with thick eyebrows, like a Russian bear. The make out scenes border on illegal voyeuristic stomach turning filth. She is an unconvincing leading actor. Taylor passes the grade as a leading man, but just barely. Then why did I give it seven stars ? Because the first half succeeded in knotting my stomach and getting me excited before the all too common in Hollywood, devastating mess they called an ending. All in all, some fun, some suspense, some intrigue and I recommend.

The bad guys and the god guys alike are trying to get him

Author: Amanda Lea Tully from Canada
29 January 2012

Maybe this film is intended to be watched exclusively by the fans of Taylor Lautner, for there are much TOO MANY close ups and long scenes where all you see is his facial expression.

Unfortunately the director is following the "recipe" for success, take the shirt off of the main character as soon as the opportunity arises or show his fighting expertise.

The heroine, Lily Collins, does nothing but complain and introduce odd conversation subjects in the middle of a battle.

On the other hand the plot is vaguely tied by some encrypted list who everyone wants to get. The adults actors: Molina, Weaver, Isaacs and Bello do a good job, but since everything dances around Lautner, they are minimized by the script.

Do yourself a favour and choose something else instead when deciding which film to watch.

What the?

Author: T Mobile from the Local Fluff
4 June 2012

This movie suffered from a debilitating case of "cash in on the Twilight mania". From the opening scene of what's-his-name sitting on the hood of a truck doing 70 mph, to the shirtless scene so many commenters have already noted, to the overly long hyperbole of fake, but caring, dad beating the crap out of him to teach him some survival skills: the first 30 minutes of this movie was an obvious pandering to the millions of preteen girls who squeal at the very sight of him (I use him because I can't actually recall the actor's name and I am too lazy to click the back button on my browser to check as I type this).

This was of course very surprising given the presence of other billed actors like Sigourney Weaver. Why she and some of the others would associate themselves with this script I am not certain.

I can see the storyboard now. Kid being chased by both the CIA and a Russian black ops team for some valuable information only he possesses. Throw in a girl, some car chases, a few fist fights: OK not bad. I can see how this would make a good plot device. However, this one failed miserably.

Maybe if the opening scene had started from the train this movie could have garnered some of my respect. However, that would require dispensing with the pointless back story. So if you try to piece together some of the plot points you just end up spraining your brain. That's how bad the plot is.

Many have noted the similarities to Bourne Identity. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Are you serious? The only similarity is they are both movies. No more. OK, I'm done.

Loses momentum constantly

Author: poweroftigers from New Zealand
28 January 2012

The main problem with this movie is the directors inability to let go of Taylor's current twilight audience and appeal to the action genre audience- this is why we are left wanting. The momentum staggers constantly in this film due to terrible editing like the girl stumbling down the bank just so Taylor can catch her. This hot chick baggage gradually and easily becomes just annoying and the movie would have been a lot better if they simply explored the main character as angry and lethal- Without the insipid bonding of the girl and hero- In an action movie the chick sometimes plays a significant role- but there is nothing significant about this girls role apart from letting teenage girls dream they were her as Taylor holds her hand constantly. Taylor needs to choose his roles more carefully in the future if he doesn't want to be typecast as a young pretty face. A fate most actors his age seem to be unable to escape.

A movie that high school kids will like. A good idea that was wasted. I was expecting worse, but this was still bad. I say C

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
14 January 2012

"If I were adopted why would my picture end up on a missing persons website?" Nathan is a high school senior and is assigned to work on a report on sociology. When him and his partner begin to look at missing persons websites for research they are shocked to see a little boy that looks like Nathan. When he questions his mother about it their home is attacked and Nathan and his friend are forced to flee. I will start by saying that I am not a Taylor Lautner fan. Nothing to do with "Twilight" but more to do with his lack of acting ability. I went in to this looking to make fun of it and as much as I hate to admit it it was better then I expected. Still really bad, but better then I thought. I think my big problem with this one is that it had such a neat idea and seemed to do nothing with it. The movie had about ten minutes of actually story strung together with bad acting (from Lautner) and action. It also could be that I'm in my 30's and am 15 years too old for this type of movie but I did not really enjoy this. Overall a good movie for high school kids. I give it a C.

Don't loose your time watching this movie.

Author: lash36 from United States
13 January 2012

The story is OK, but acting is so bad. Taylor Lautner needs to go to an Acting school NOW! He needs to stop just making faces all the time and Get into the character. If you have breaking arm or you are sick on Bed, watch it. 7.5 million dollars! Wow, he does not deserved, as all The movies he was acting the lines, the way he walk everything is Wrong, he is good in fighting, no talking, showing his abs and the with Teeth. The other actors you will forget as soon the movie end. Thank You. I do not have much to write, music OK, length OK, casting Uhhhhh. My wife was sleeping the last 20 minutes. IMDb gave the perfect score to this movie and this is great.

Poor Acting. Vague

Author: shhh_222 from India
20 December 2011

Movie starts of with college party, actress drops of her guy and to take up our hero in 2 scenes. The sequences are very school drama type, there was no real screenplay. The Guy just shows off his body and that's it. Parents die before him, he goes back to save her love and wants to screw her even in that situation. The Guy spoiled the whole movie with his acting, he was rigid and there was no expression. HE needs to improve a lot in acting. The movie looked like it was directed by a guy straight out of school. The storyline was much worse. A guy saves some information about high officials in govt. and gets his son new identity for his safety. He keeps the data idle until the boy becomes a teenager. The teenage boy finds out he lives on a false identity and confronts his mother who is a appointed protector for him. She doesn't check on how he found out but cries like a adopted mother. The parents who brought him up are dead and he is chased by bad guys but he takes leisure time to make love to his GF. Atlast the data is handed over to correct authority, it shows as though the details was about current officials for which his wife was murdered and he keeps his son hidden until his teenage. Its very comical and vague. Sorry to post such bad review but I feel the movie deserved it.

worth a look

Author: catear13
28 October 2011

The first time I saw this movie I stopped after half an hour, because it seemed so silly. This was before the (not entirely unexpected) irrational making out between Nathan (Lautner) and Karen (Collins)to name just one completely illogical piece of the plot. My friends convinced me to come along and see it so I thought why not, and can't say I didn't enjoy myself. Yes, you can tell how it's going to end ten minutes into the movie, yes you get to see Lautners abs in just about every scene for no apparent reason and yes, there are a lot of overly dramatic shots of Lautners face trying to depict an emotion which then comes out looking like constipation. But there's some action, some kissing, some drama and with some suspension of disbelief it's an okay movie. Surprisingly, there are some cast members you wouldn't expect to be acting alongside the likes of Lautner (Sigourney Weaver, Jason Isaacs etc.) which is a good thing, otherwise the movie would be even more of a teenie movie pretending to be something serious(which in essence it still is). All in all, go see, have a laugh (that Lautner surprised face is worth a look)but don't come with high expectations.

Abduction.....well?

Author: robin_bird59 from United States
3 October 2011

So, I can't say that it was my favorite movie, but I will say if you are a fan of The Twilight Saga you will love this movie, but just cause Taylor Latner takes his shirt off, doesn't make it a good movie. It is very fast paced, and I will say some of the fighting scenes are pretty good, but Taylor Lautner isn't made for this kind of action movie. Lily Collins definitely wouldn't have been at the top of my list for the lead female role, I feel like she would do better in a love story, but i will say it did look like she tried her best to make this movie. If you watch this movie, I suggest that you pay attention to names, because there are a bunch of different characters and if you don't pay attention, you will be lost. Overall the movie was, alright, it definitely could've been better though.