IMDb > Abduction (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Abduction

Abduction More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 17: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Quite good - ignore the bad reviews

Author: phd_travel from United States
8 April 2012

I don't understand the bad reviews. For what it is, I thought this was quite an exciting, well paced action movie that isn't needlessly violent. The various action sequences and fight scenes were quite well done and not deja vu.

Taylor Lautner's acting has been blasted in the past but here the movie doesn't rely too much on great acting so it's okay. Lily Collins is very pretty and has star quality - expect to see lots more of her in the next years. The adults are all quite A list even if they don't have huge parts. Sigourney Weaver, Alfred Molina Maria Bello and Jason Isaacs add stature to the movie.

Overall quite good entertainment - worth a watch.

Excellent

Author: lindstromsl
23 January 2012

This movie kept me on the edge of my seat. I've watched it numerous times and each time it get's better. This young man Taylor Lautner is well spoken, clean cut, polite and a cute pie,no I'm not a dirty old lady but Taylor Lautner has grown immensely since the 1st twilight. His acting range is show in this movie. Good Luck to him! P.S. Lilly Collins is a Doll Baby The plot is great, kept me guessing the whole time. Was more than action packed and to me Lautner and Collins have fantastic chemistry. Lautner has matured and it really showed to me in this movie. I have watched it on Xfinity and will definitely go purchase the DVD as soon as I can. I give this film an excellent review, and have already recommended it to my friends on face book.

Huh???

Author: jackarute from Austin, TX
28 September 2011

Those dumbfounded by the 3.6 dumbfound me. How they got an A-list supporting cast and director for this turd of a movie also dumbfounds me. One the reviews(maybe more) mentioned how it was just attempt to cash in on the whole Twilight/Lautner phenomena. That seems to be the best/only explanation that has any merit. It should be clear to anyone that Taylor Lautner cannot act. To put it nicely, you could say he has a very limited range, but within that range no dialogue is spoken. It's a couple of facial expressions and a pose. Putting Taylor aside, the movie is listless and meandering. I didn't ever get drawn into the story or develop any attachment to the characters, good or bad. So I will assign some blame to the screen writing. Really it would take much too long to write a professional critique, but I think to say this is not a good movie (even on a rainy day) will suffice. I suppose I will just be labeled as a hater, but I at least wanted to do my part in offsetting any inflation in the ranking due to some ass clown giving this movie a 10. That's not to say my rating is artificial. In my opinion this movie is awful, but normally I would not take the time to review a 1.

What's with all the bad reviews?!

Author: maddyonamission from los angeles, ca
19 January 2012

I'm confused. Why is everyone comparing this to Bourne identity? Completely different in my opinion. But on its own, this movie was great! I was glued the whole time. I don't see why all the low stars..I think people just jump on the bandwagon of bad reviews when they see a majority hating on a movie. Or maybe they just love to hate any movie with a twilight star in it's. But whatever the reason, this movie was not as bad as they make it sound. Sure you can sit and dissect this movie for flaws, any movie for that matter, but what ever happened to just watching an entertaining movie for a good time?! Fun lil action flick. Exciting. And if you're looking for an entertaining movie during a random night, this is a good choice! I'm no teenie- bopper, but it doesn't hurt that Taylor lautner is an 8-pack ab hotttttie! Lol enjoy!

Quality action film

Author: drla62 from United Kingdom
8 October 2011

I thought this was an excellent film overall: well acted, well chosen cast, good story-line and a good balance of action and drama.

I found the story-line was intriguing from early into the film and the actors felt convincing in their roles.

There are some moments where the film lacks a little credibility, but not so much as to ruin the film in anyway.

I believe there will be many more opportunities for Lautner to follow up with similar, action-type roles. In my view his acting was generally really plausible - at times brilliant!

I would definitely recommend watching it.

Worst Movie of the Year

Author: Eduardo Martinez from Mexico
2 October 2011

The plot of this movie is the undeniable result of a group of not very bright an absolutely lazy writers, producers and director. The shots are completely corny and clichéd, just awful. Although the story is horribly dull and unoriginal, the acting was by far the worst thing of it all. This kid just can't act, thats it. Please go back to acting school or quit, for all our sakes.The other kids in the movie were just as awful. I do not understand how Alfred Molina agreed to do this movie. I mean he is not the best out there but at least he has something to offer, he is alright. But this Taylor Lautner kid is just the worst. It just goes to show that all you have to do is go to the gym a little, have Justin Beiber-like fans and you will get your lead in a movie, no matter how undeniably awful you are at your "craft".

Not an Oscar contender, but not all that bad either

Author: redmaxdrive from United States
8 October 2011

I can't say that I went into this thinking it was Oscar material. I knew that it was most likely a pretty brainless piece of action fluff, but I went because I'm a fan of the main star and I wanted to watch something that didn't require too much intellectual involvement on my part. In that regard, Abduction succeeded admirably. While the acting could've been better, the action sequences were top-notch; I especially liked the parts where Taylor was able to use his martial-arts skills to near-lethal advantage. And Sigourney Weaver did more than I thought possible with her rather limited screen time. That's how good an actress she is. As for Mr. Lautner, I do believe that he has a bright future in action movies; he just needs a little more seasoning before the next time. To any moviegoers reading this: I urge you to ignore whatever negative comments you may have heard and give this one a shot. It may surprise you.

amazing film

Author: llewellyn-adderley from United Kingdom
8 October 2011

What an amazing film. It was so good that i watched it twice at the cinema. This film has action and romance rolled into one, it's packed with action, kept me on the edge of my seat. Taylor show's off his acting abilities, move over Jason Statham here comes Taylor, this guy is going to be the next big action star. This is the way to go action all the way. As for Lilly another great actress can't wait to see more from her.

The rest of the cast were great. The casting list was spot on. I love watching Jason Isaacs and Maria Bello great acting abilities.

I strongly recommend that you watch this film at the cinema, great effects. One for all the family. I give it an 8/10 star rating.

***Good film for all family***

Author: michelle_slaymaker from United Kingdom
5 October 2011

Really good film that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Some excellent stunt work AND SOME COMICAL BITS TOO :) Not just a girlie film for girls to drool over Taylor, my 42 year old fiancé loved this film too and we are going again. Definitely RECOMMEND :)))))) Great film for all the family. Great for Taylor fans Great for action film fans Great for young guys too (Lily Collins and other beautiful girls :) This film has some good twists and turns! Trying not to say too much and give away the plot because I hate it when people do that!!! ENJOY!!! PLOT: About a teenager that finds a photo of himself as a baby on a missing persons website and he needs to find out the truth about his life, has it all been a lie???????????

Chix Chat on Film review: Abduction, A young man's discovery into his past.

Author: Emma Dinkins (emmadinkins@chixchatonfilm.com) from Texas, United States
25 September 2011

Shouldn't a movie entitled Abduction have at minimum one actual abduction? Perhaps the name is a metaphor and I simply missed when the metaphor was defined. Nathan (Taylor Lautner) as seen in the trailer makes a startling discovery that he is on a missing children's website. I found it interesting enough how that discovery came about, and figured that it was plausible enough to just go with it. However, I did not find it plausible how his discovery was validated, just a little bit too convenient. I appreciated the hand to hand combat scenes they step up the excitement in action films, it just goes to show that if you use an actor who has had years of training in some martial arts, that training will come across very convincingly on screen. And the story was kept realistic by Karen (Lily Collins) having absolutely no fighting prowess what so ever. And speaking of Karen, I was just not convinced that she would continue to go along for the ride as long as she did, even though her reasoning was discussed as far as why she was not just going back home and out of Nathan's dilemma. I liked this film, I felt that John Singleton did a great job directing it and keeping a steady pace. I have always liked his directing style as far back as Boyz n the Hood. It was also nice to see some veteran actors who always deliver the goods like Agent Burton (Alfred Molina) as the task force lead for the CIA and Dr. Bennett (Sigourney Weaver) pulling off not just a heady shrink, but also some pretty fancy driving. The adult story lines served to round out the cast with some very solid acting, and that includes Nathan's parents Mara (Maria Bello) and Kevin (Jason Isaacs). I think that the film did a good job of unfolding the background of how this whole thing came to pass, it had sufficient action and the teenagers had the intelligence level I expected, they weren't dumb as a bag of rocks but they made mistakes, in some cases the same kind of mistakes over and over, and they did not hold conversations like Harvard graduates. I liked Dawson's Creek when it was on TV, but come on teenagers don't really use words like 'existential'. This film is not what I would call a must see, but it is definitely worth checking out, it gets a green light. - Emma Dinkins