IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 10 of 15: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Refreshing

Author: Sjhm from United Kingdom
5 August 2014

A reboot that takes a different view, but does not trash the spirit of the original series. I adored the original series, I grew up on it, so I did have misgivings about Hollywood's habit of taking an old, well-loved series and giving it a do-over. This reboot is great though, gripping and fun, and it doesn't fall into the trap of attempting to recreate the original while still paying homage to the original. This 5-0 is a thoroughly modern experience. Leads Alex O'Loughlin (McGarrett) and Scott Caan (Danno) are perfectly matched and the series' success is largely due to their charisma and on-screen chemistry. With the beautiful Hawai'i locations, this is high octane fun at its best.

WoW

Author: someofusarebrave from United States
7 February 2011

Ye Gods, do I love this show.

I never would have expected that I would. The sole female main character is young and thin and blatantly, brazenly physical; this generally seems a recipe for disaster, particularly in shows that are just starting out.

Somehow here this works. Somehow with this show everything just WORKS, for absolutely no reason aside from the fact that it is all carried out so darn well. The writing is taut and entertaining, the dialogue is witty and humorous during the perfect moments for it to be. The directors of every episode so far that I have seen have been excellent.

That in itself is quite the feat, and props must go to whomever deserves them. Meanwhile all of the actresses and actors seem perfectly cast, and capable, and genuine enough to be likable.

I have never seen a show that WORKS from the very beginning so well.

Keep doing what you're doing, folks. You do it exceptionally well.

What a GREAT TV Show

Author: ewaboy66 from United States
9 June 2011

I was very impressed with the first Hawaii Five-0 series and quite skeptical when I heard a revival of the original series was planned. WOW, I was worried for nothing! This show has more verbal interaction between characters Danny and Steve (a mixture of funny, sarcastic & serious) which is all believable.

Additionally, time has been taken to develop the other characters so all are of interest to the viewer. Scenery is spectacular and there are great photos of all parts of Oahu. There is LOTS of action and even romance! Main underlying themes of the death of Steve McGarrett's father and the love relationship between Danny and his ex-wife are always just below the surface of the on going plot and surface just often enough to peak the viewer's interest.

I can't wait for the next season!

Book Them, Danno

Author: DKosty123 from United States
27 September 2010

This series is being revived by CBS & the script of the pilot pretty much followed the original pilot episode of the first pilot years ago with some important differences. Grace Park is a difference & a new one as the original one was pretty much a boys club years ago.

The most important difference I saw in this first show is the establishment of a confrontational relationship between Steve McGarrett & Danno. Seems they don't get along like they did on the old series.

The Hawaii Scenery is still being used here. This being the old police investigation series, the format is pretty much the same as the original. Depending on where the scripts take it, will decide if this effort is going to last. The cast can carry it if they get scripts. It is nice to see the curves of Hawaii back on the screen, especially on a large screen TV.

Hawaii Five O

Author: gotrice24 from United States
6 September 2011

DANG THIS SHOW IS THE BEST!!!!!! First off, the plot line is excellent. I am on my toes throughout the whole show wanting to know whats happening.

Next, the actors they chose are the best!!!!! Steve Mgarret is perfect and a great actor, and also good looking. No Homo. This keeps the ladies interested.

Plus for all those guy fans, they included Grace Park!!!! Shes a cutie and a great cop.

I like how Steve Mgarret is a total bad ass too. He makes those suspects look bad.

Every thing old is New again.

Author: bluesman-20 from Canada
19 December 2010

I remember watching the old Hawaii five O with Jack Lord and I Remember it fondly. my sister had a crush on Jack Lord. Anyways. This show is a New Show it has nothing to do with Lord's show the names stay the same. It's a retelling or a reboot or a remake or however you see it. The new Show operates like the old one for all intents and purposes never happened. I like that and I can live with it. Steve McGarrett is leading military criminal investigator for the Navy S.E.A.L.S he handles all international crimes and terrorist activities. When Steve is brought home on a investigation into a weapons smuggling ring his father a police commander is murdered. McGarrett's case and his father's case inter wine fatally. McGarrett is offered a job by the Governor to head up a new task force to investigate corruption in the police forces and to handle crimes the other police forces cannot they will handle military as well as domestic cases . McGarrett refuses but when he meets a stubborn by the book cop who refuses to let him investigate his father's death he phones the governor takes the job and drafts Danny Williams into the task force so now Danny is working for him and not against him. That's the beginning. The Two leads share a intense dynamic chemistry together and create the most interesting show on TV today. I watched it and my wife caught one show and now she's hooked. This show deserves so much more then being compared to the old one it's so much more then That. It stands on it's own merits and does so very well. I like to think Jack Lord would be pleased.

This is really great

Author: Carsten_Stenzel from Germany
21 October 2010

I have never seen the original show, but one doesn't have to in order to enjoy this one. I watched Magnum in the 80s (and since), and I am really amazed about the changes in production style since then. Hawaii always was one of the main-cast in Magnum; it looked so wonderful, that I had to fly there in the mid-90s. But, the style and equipment of movie-production has certainly changed. So many shoots from above, moving through the landscape and those great colours. Well, that's for the Looks of the Show. I really enjoy the cast and the chemistry between them, even though they are in their fist season. I am so glad that this isn't just another CSI-Clone. I have had enough of those cool and phoney shows. Here we actually have fun and a certain light-heartedness that might evolve over the next few years into something eaqually great as Magnum. Hawaii 5-O is now officially my second favourite show (of modern day shows). Well, I still like NCIS the most.

Great chemistry!

Author: Austin B from United States
13 October 2010

Let me first just say, Oh my God! I love this new series reboot. I've been a fan of Alex O'Loughlin since I first saw the pilot of Moonlight and I have been enjoying every part of his career since. The amazing thing about this show is that is constant fun and an A+ cast is the cause of this. Scott Caan is amazing. I first remember seeing him in Ready to Rumble, a fun movie that didn't fare well with critics. The chemistry between Caan and O'Loughlin is truly amazing and the fact that Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park are standing along side the two is another great thing. As of yet I haven't been able to find any outstanding issue that causes me to give this amazing show a low rating. This and Chuck are the two shows I look forward to every week.

10 out of 10

"Book 'em Danno!"

Author: JJC-3 from USA
28 September 2010

Two episodes in and the new Five-0 is most assuredly a different animal than its prior incarnation.

And that is a good thing cause the old format would not play very well in this fast paced hi tech internet era.

The early interplay between the four characters promises to have a lot of exploration for back stories. Already McGarret & Williams have the great interplay of so many TV classic duos like Spock & Bones McCoy & Kramden & Norton just to name two.

All in all this promises to be a fast paced show with the usual modern day cop show formats but with that great Hawai'i backdrop! All in all a worthy 21st century follow up to an all time TV classic!

love the new Hawaii Five-O !!!

Author: aclark-863-708992 from United States
6 October 2010

As a member of the "older" generation who grew up with the old Hawaii Five-O, I watched with great interest how the new one would compare with it. After watching the first three episodes, I have to say that there is nothing to compare except the location. It is beautifully done for the 2lst century. The format for the old show would look dated and old - not only to young viewers but even to the over 50 set like myself. The cast is wonderful and, truthfully, the main reason I watch this show is that I've been an Alex O'Loughlin fan since Moonlight. He is a very dynamic and charismatic young actor, and I truly hope that his role as McGarrett will afford him the opportunity to really showcase his acting talent and not just have him as a pin-up boy vigilante. He is so much more than that. This show has so much potential for character development and crime-fighting stories. Let's all just sit back, get to know the characters and just enjoy this great new show. The only drawback for me ---- way too many commercials !!!

Page 10 of 15: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]