IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hawaii Five-0"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Hawaii Five-0" More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 15: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Unrealistic.

Author: astro1966
29 October 2016

I was watching the episode about the motorcycle hijackers and it is so unrealistic. They have a motorcycle jumping from one building to another when the first building has a ledge and no ramp. Then they're doing unrealistic stunts on the road while blocking traffic. With what is going on in this country right now somebody would run through them. Also they show a motorcycle lowering the landing skids on a trailer while it's moving which can't be done. You have to hand crank the handle down which takes about 2 or 3 minutes. No reality to this show at all. They also had a part where a motorcycle rode an elevator up to shoot somebody. this is before the motorcycle jumped from from one building to another.

excellent

Author: tasmiaha
29 May 2016

I love police action dramas and I love the gory bits as well I think this is defiantly for 18+ or for teens.There is wearing but not that much and they add comedy to it to. I defiantly recommend watching this if you are in to action and crime. The actors play good roles and have fantastic acting skills that makes you want to watch more and more until you cant stop. There is some cute moments, funny moments and sad moments that will sure to make you shed a tear or two. Halloween episodes are going to be good they have gory scenes and violence so if you like these you will like Hawaii five o. i would give 10/10 for its brilliant re boot.

Really great series

Author: Crystal from Netherlands
16 April 2016

It took me some time to warm up to this show. The stories are good and all the stuff that goes on around that, personal stuff of the characters, is nice too. It took me a few episodes, then I began to like it more and more. What bothered me most at first was the cast. I'm not sure why, but somehow it didn't feel like a team. But after a few eps, the interaction and dynamics between the actors got really good (maybe it took them a bit to get the hang of it themselves too?) I like that there are other bigger names brought into the show, like Melanie Griffith, Terry O'Quin etc. Who doesn't work for me so much, is Cath. Her character is fine, as is the actress, but the girlfriend thing with Steve doesn't work. I don't feel any chemistry between them. It's more like sister & brother. Steve did have chemistry with Lauren German, who regretfully got written out of the series. I really like the acting & character of Danny, esp. love how great he is with kids. I just don't like the looks of him, lol. Short legs, short guy, large head, horribly obsolete haircut, just don't do it for me. (I'm sorry, I just happen to be a 'visual' person) But a good actor nonetheless. Who really seriously doesn't work for me, is the ME, Max, played by Masi Oka. I gather he's supposed be the cute, funny geek, but his English is so bad, half the time it's difficult to understand what he's saying. And since he's the ME, it's kind of important to understand the technical, anatomical things. I'm not keen on his acting either. The way he speaks, the inflection of his voice mostly, is weird. Sounds the way someone might pronounce English when they don't know the language and haven't a clue what they're saying. The cutest guy, not hunky cute, but cute cute, is Chi McBride. A big, giant teddy bear :)

Brilliant show

Author: Ad Woody from United Kingdom
3 February 2016

I didn't expect to enjoy this, only knew one actor (Daniel from Lost, which is why I tried this) but this is a very cool show. Has a lot of action, crime and A LOT of comedy. My favorite 3.

The banter between Steve and Daniel is gold, the physical comedy reminds me of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia a bit. The episode they get stranded at sea is hilarious.

All the main characters are extremely likable, usually with every TV show there's always at least 1 character I don't like. Not just the good guys either, but the bad guys who appear over the course of the show are likable too, especially Sang Min, very funny character. I actually want them to evade whatever member(s) of the team are chasing them just so they'll re-appear later on.

The whole thing with Steve's mom I thought was a bit boring though

I would of liked to have seen Sang Min and Kamekona in it a bit more, especially Sang Min.

But yh, great show.

A great reboot to a classic television show

Author: CupcakeTerror from United States
27 October 2015

The pilot episode had be hooked instantly. Talk about a way to get the viewer involved- throw them into the fray. Was sick for a week and was able to binge watch the first season on Netflix. Now I'm all caught up and patiently waiting for each weeks new episode.

The show has elevated from your regular crime drama to epic adventure crime drama, at least in my opinion. The sweeping shots of the islands makes me wistful for home while using local actors and celebrities makes the show that much more believable (did anyone else crack up when seeing Dog the Bounty Hunter help the team out?!)

I recommend the show for anyone interested in Crime dramas, gratuitous surf shots and some of the best grinds out there.

Live HF-O

Author: T C from United States
19 September 2015

I love Hawaii Five-O. Can't wait for the new season. I hate to admit but I wasn't happy too see Catherine return. There is something about her character that is dry and unassuming. For some reason Catherine and Steve's relationship is stale and corny. I'd like to see someone with him that's challenging. Steve's accent is very apparent most of the time.

I love Adam and Kono together and glad their relationship worked out. Can't wait to see where their marriage and relationship heads. Jerry, Kamekono and Max characters are hilarious. Glad Jerry become a reoccurring character on the show. Would like to see the personal lives of Chin (sexy) and Lou some more.

Not sure why you have to have 10 lines of text to submit a review.

Great Reboot

Author: Brian Washington (Sargebri@att.net) from Los Angeles, California
12 April 2011

When I first heard that they were going to reboot Five-O, I was dreading it because most attempts to not only remake, but reboot a series rarely, if ever work. However, this is definitely one that not only works, but in some ways it surpasses the original. This show definitely relies more on the characterization of the four characters. In McGarrett, with Alex O'Laughlin perfectly cast in the role, you have a guy who becomes the leader of Five-O even though he isn't really experienced as a cop. Daniel Dae Kim is great as Chin. He is a lot younger than Kam Fong, but he is great as a mentor to not only McGarrett, but to Kono and Danny as well. Grace Park definitely ups the sex appeal factor, but she definitely shows the vulnerability that Zulu never showed in the role. However, the biggest revelation is Scott Caan as Danny. He not only adds a bit of cynicism to the role that James MacArthur never had, but he adds a lot of the humor that sets this version apart from the original.

As another reviewer said, this is not your parents' Hawaii Five-O.

Good series, but not Hawaii Five-O

Author: tara1311 from Netherlands
18 January 2011

I'm a fifty years old fan of the old show and I totally agree with the review given above: it has nothing to do with the show as we knew it.

However I think it's a good show, though be it positioned in 2011.

Youth nowadays probably won't like the show as it was. It had hardly spectaculair action in it as this show does and would probably be considered dull and wouldn't attract viewers at all (except for the old folks like us, that is...)

My children and I enjoyed the pilot and can hardly wait to see the next episodes. We sure hope the series will be out on DVD as well and would love to see more seasons: I surely think this series is a winner but, once again, it isn't really Hawaii Five-O.....

It's NOT a re-make...

Author: tc1803 from United States
6 October 2010

For those who are looking for a Jack Lord - James MacArthur continuation, stop watching now. This ain't it.

For those who saw the "new" Star Trek and enjoyed it, this is your chance to see "the alternative universe" of Hawaii.

As mentioned in other commentary, there are good and bad points... just like any other production. There is a LOT of suspension of disbelief in this one. Some of them, like McGarrett's now-I'm-in-the-Navy-now-I'm not and the governor's license to kill arrangement, are VERY far fetched. But if you can get past that, you will enjoy this show. If you are looking for the real world, why are you watching police drama anyway? The only shows that were anywhere CLOSE to realistic were Barney Miller and Hill Street Blues.

But really... this is NOT a remake.

It's a re-do.

started pretty good but is now going nowhere

Author: bearclear from United States
3 December 2014

I'm not sure where this show is going. It started off with a bang but it's now into its 5th season and going nowhere. Can't relate to any of the characters. Kono is a pouty Asian with a hawaiian name but has absolutely no local accent--she looks great in a bathing suit but is very limited as an actor. Chin Ho is a tad better as an actor but it's still hard to relate to him. Danno is the only one with real character but he's kind of a mess. Steve McGarrett looks good but has 0 charisma. The story line is unbelievable at times and then there's the big fat Hawaiian guy who reminds me of a minstrel act. Just can't get into it and I watch it if I happen to catch it but don't set aside time to watch it.