IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hawaii Five-0"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Hawaii Five-0" More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

One of the most stimulating series i ever watched.

Author: lugn-147-28394 from Sweden
30 August 2011

I'm so happy that i started to watch Hawaii Five-O. All started when my brother told me it was good. As he have one of the most weird tastes when it comes to movies, i first doubted his recommendation. But he was right.

This is one of the most stimulating series i ever watched. Normally i can tell what is to come in a movie, but this is outstanding work by the writers. I can't predict the outcome at all, and every episode that comes it just keep getting better and better.

Without telling to much, i think that the final episode is the greatest, it made me feel like a junkie that just want more and more. It's amazing! Very few things have made this to me, and i can nothing but recommend you to watch it, have fun, I'm positive you'll like it!

Very bad

Author: wizzzzard from Denmark
8 April 2015

Are the directors only making bad series or what! Hawaii five-o, is so bad. the acting is so low, Danny is such a bad imitation of James Caan. And whats with "he/she is the murder" everyone they catch, gets told that he or she is the murder, every time. So many logic things, they cant even do, that never would go on in real life, its so bad directing and acting, I've seen 2 seasons, and, no more. So many things in this that is missing. A navy seal, well, is a bad ass in combat and more, but not in this series. Try and get real about it, make it more lifelike, get the details in order. Show sucks big time. I also wonder, why all the drinking, are they all alcoholics. Only thing i like, is how Danny act about his daughter.

completely different from the old 5-0, but interesting and refreshing show none the less

Author: georgeszaslavsky from France
26 June 2011

Having seen the older 5-0 series which lasted 12 seasons, I decided to watch for these series and already liked it. Although the actors playing the main characters are not as vibrant as in the older series, they do a very good job. Alex O Laughlin plays a very cool but tenacious Mc Garrett, Scott Mc Caan plays a relaxed, funny but efficient Danno, Daniel Dae Kim seen in Lost and 24,does a very good job as Chin Ho even though sometimes, his character seems to be self effacing and Kono aka Grace Park is a great character and makes an interesting addition to the team. The scenes are always filled with lots of action and speed, add to this beauty of O'ahu and you have all the good things of what makes this show a good one.The plots are always interesting because they interfere with the past, the present and the future of the characters.I am waiting for the season 2.

Entertaining and amusing.

Author: Saturn131313 from United States
26 September 2010

I thought this was pretty good, better than I thought it would be. I was somewhat surprised to see the casting choice: I am not very familiar with Alex O's work but I did know who he was. The characters are, as many have said "types", but, folks, there is always room for character development & a back story. The scenes in Korea were not needed but it had all the explosions & gunfire over & done the at the beginning of the show.(It was exciting, too) I thought it could have been eliminated with his attitude being explained with conversation and some flashbacks. I agree he should drop the Bond thing too. If you view it as pure entertainment it's great. (I kept wondering, "Where's the suit and tie that McGarrett wears?" Well, I'll get over that.) I will definitely watch again. Things should improve with time. (Who IS the mole?!!!?)I watched the original as a child and loved it and the theme song also. For a little nostalgia, see the Australian movie called, I think, "The Dish" with Sam Neill. It uses the Hawaii Five-0 theme song in a very, very funny & charming way.

Truly Brilliant!

Author: erapandora-692-272821 from Stockton-on-Tees, UK
22 May 2013

I love this so much. There are good plot lines throughout every series and the characters are so well rounded. It is a wonderful mix of humour, tension and action.

I think the actors are brilliant, even the young ones like Teilor Grubbs who is an amazing Grace Williams. The shots of Hawaii itself are something on their own! It shows some fantastic locations and beautiful shots.

I find the team's interaction to be interesting. Each of them bring something to the group that works well and doesn't seem to be added in just to fill a space. Steve has the expertise in 'how' to get things done; he seems to plan things well and can think on his feet. Danny is the one helping Steve stay in line and providing a solid partnership to his ways. He wears his emotions so much more openly than any of the others and it really makes me feel for him, especially when you see him interacting with children.

Kono is originally the newbie but she rapidly works her way into being a more solid member of the team, she is very much the heart of the team, able to connect with each of the other characters (though, to be fair, all the characters get along with each other well). Chin seems to be the most comfortable with technology, he can work his way through databases well and he also seems to be the 'voice of wisdom', making the others think for a moment before rushing off.

I even love all the other characters. Kamekona makes me laugh, but he can provide more than just a moment of comedy, Rachel is a strong woman who I ended up liking more than I wanted to, Cath is a woman I also really liked as she isn't some simpering damsel but a brilliant character on her own (even though Steve could treat her a little better with regards to actually dating her), I love Max to bits, though I miss his music he played in series 1, and the others are also wonderful.

The whole thing is engaging and difficult to stop watching.

Honestly, the only problems I have with it are that I have to wait to get the new episodes and no one seems to wear seatbelts. ♥

Testosterone filled, over the top fun.

Author: rareandfirsts from United States
21 September 2010

The pilot begins with a feature film action extravaganza complete with helicopters, rockets and exploding vehicles and (I hope) sets the pace for the entire series.

Early on we learn that the Governor wants McGarrett to head up a no-holds-barred, "no red tape" crew to get the bad guys "off my Island." Almost immediately you see shades of buddy films like Lethal Weapon and hints of the producers' other influences like Die Hard and the same sort of cinematography used in Transformers sans the CGI.

The chemistry of the leads worked as well and to be honest, I tuned in for the non-lead characters as I knew Grace and Kim's work more than I did the two leads of Danno and McGarrett.

If you are looking for a more realistic cop show, this isn't the one for you. This is a 'throw the book out the window and get the bad guy any way you can' show that is meant to be more fun than thought provoking and it succeeds nicely in that effort.

The Jury is still out...

Author: richkennethm
21 September 2010

I agree with a few comments above.

It reminded me of Starsky and Hutch. It lacked the crime drama "feel" of TOS or, for example, "The Streets of San Francisco." I want a little more detective work (not like CSI, but a bit more logic and a little less brute force tactics with "questionable legality."). However, I accept that the cop show genre has evolved and more action may be required for new audiences. The theme is awesome, of course, and the lead in a nice tribute to TOS but not long enough! C'mon!

Character development: the repartee between McGarrett and Dano has potential, and was in the pilot often quite funny (Lacking in TOS). The sexual tension between Dano and Grace Park's character has potential, with Chin acting as the "obstacle" to its consummation. But, does McGarrett REALLY have to be a "brooding" dark side kind of guy, with the vengeful heart ala Batman, Spiderman, etc... (a bit comic bookish)????

And of course, we didn't actually get to see the villain's body in the end, so no doubt he will be back to haunt Steve another day.

So, I will watch a few more episodes, but so far I'm not hooked.

A lot of fun

Author: scottyd993 from United States
20 September 2010

Let's face it, new ideas are far a few between on the countless channels available to watch. I think remakes are a good idea as long as the original show's integrity is kept. I think they did a great job on the pilot setting up the show for just that. The updating done, rocks especially in the form of Grace park as Kono. Love the potential relationship between Mcgarret and dan-o. And daniel dae Kim is always consummate, he will do great as chin- ho. Let's remember, Hawaii five-0 was a lot of fun in my childhood and I think the young kids are entitled to have the same. With all the nonsense on the tube today, who could argue that this show isn't slick and fun. Summer is gone with shows like dating in the dark etc. Long live Hawaii and Hawaii five-0

Hawaii 5-0 or Magum PI??

Author: mspeed44 from Florida
21 September 2010

I thought I was watching NCIS:LA on a new night, but then realized it was the old name (Hawaii 5-0) with a bunch of new characters. And they all look alike--ruffled hair, white teeth, tan bodies, oh, and an Asian guy and a skinny girl doing kick boxing.

Then I tried to figure out the time line: Is the young Steve the son of the old Steve? Young Steve did find the right car in the garage! And now the new, young Steve is working with people who have the same name as the people who worked with his dad? Except one is a girl now. And the young Steve never learned to button his shirt--well, I guess he did while in the Navy.

The first episode jumped around so much that I lost interest before the end came--and the bad guy disappeared so I'd guess we see him again. Not sure the shoot-outs, fist fights, gun battles, and cute gags are enough to get me to return for scenery of Hawaii to show up. Please--Someone needs to feed that skinny girl a biscuit! While it is nice to see beautiful Hawaii anytime, too many of the sets looked like California--or fake! I think a good police/crime drama set in Hawaii would be a great show, but this is a poor remake not of Hawaii 5-0 but of Magum PI.

Sadness and tragedy from a show that I loved...

Author: Rainey
10 July 2017

Without those three major, well developed, exciting, brilliant Hawaiian" characters of Masi, Grace and Daniel, Hawaii 5-0 will not be the same series. They are an integral and vital part of the series (more screen time than the "stars"). I truly don't know how they will be able to rewrite the series without them The magic is gone if they are not brought back.... It was a truly amazing ensemble cast and family with amazing chemistry now destroyed....