IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hawaii Five-0"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Hawaii Five-0" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 13: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Testosterone filled, over the top fun.

Author: rareandfirsts from United States
21 September 2010

The pilot begins with a feature film action extravaganza complete with helicopters, rockets and exploding vehicles and (I hope) sets the pace for the entire series.

Early on we learn that the Governor wants McGarrett to head up a no-holds-barred, "no red tape" crew to get the bad guys "off my Island." Almost immediately you see shades of buddy films like Lethal Weapon and hints of the producers' other influences like Die Hard and the same sort of cinematography used in Transformers sans the CGI.

The chemistry of the leads worked as well and to be honest, I tuned in for the non-lead characters as I knew Grace and Kim's work more than I did the two leads of Danno and McGarrett.

If you are looking for a more realistic cop show, this isn't the one for you. This is a 'throw the book out the window and get the bad guy any way you can' show that is meant to be more fun than thought provoking and it succeeds nicely in that effort.

New Hawaii 5-0 is the Paris Hilton of TV Cop Shows

Author: Draconian Clown from USA
2 November 2010

This thing is a train-wreck. Island's Top Cop, governor's right hand, and his team look and act like they're hanging at a sports bar. Mcgarrett and Danno are badly miscast, way too young looking and without any presence as serious men, much less cops, and their script has them acting like a high school show offs.

Danno cracks jokes and acts half-drunk, storming around like a puffed out jock on his first beer, while Steve tries to talk sense to him like hes the only grown up ... this, in every crisis? I half expect Danno to start farting and eating his boogers to capture Steve's ire.

Kono seems asleep or incompetent. What is her team skill? It must be personal hygiene since the others cannot shave, wash, or even comb their hair.

Remember: these silly people are supposed to be an elite law enforcement team! These is a reason cops act officially!

I'd say Chin is only team member believable in this ridiculous rendition of a lame-old cop TV series.

Other than that, its OK. I like what they did with the music and Hawaiian photography. Its cool that they employ some real actor as a guest star. Too bad the producers didn't put some effort into making the show. They're trying to fill big shoes with baby feet.

So Silly, it's a crime

Author: afijamesy2k from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
22 September 2010

The Remake of the theme song is the only reason to see this idiotically, godawful, disjointed remake of the great 1968-80 television classic, Alex McLoughlin delivers a very bad performance, the rest of the actors are woeful, scott cann is embarrassing, the rest of the scenes are just so pointless, the action is over the top, the writing is embarrassing, the teleplay is a mess and the only things that save this disasters are the beautiful scenery of Hawaii, the theme songs and the cinematography, otherwise this is a pointless, useless exercise in stupidity that deserves to be on my list of the worst TV of 2010.

truly awful.

Storyline gone to hell

Author: Marine_Grandpa from United States
1 May 2016

My wife and I really liked Five-0 but the last episodes have been really stinky. Freeing the elephant? (fake CGI elephant!) was terrible. I said to my wife what will the crazy PETA-type radicals want next? To take our pets? And sure enough within a week I saw a story that PETA wants to "free" all "captive" animals. Then the crazy "run through the jungle" chase with Hannibal eating the bad guys! And now the last episode makes SCREAM look like Oscar material. Minutes of nothing but psychotic, paranoid, hacker takes over the home electronics? The show used to have a good stories of difficult plot lines that made examples of good police work and tie ins with Hawaiian culture. Now it just sucks.

"Book 'em Danno"

Author: Angelus2 from United Kingdom
15 February 2011

Steve McGarrett is responsible for creating a task force that will go above and beyond, in the name of justice. Together with a City cop from the mainland, Danny; falsely accused cop Chin Ho and fresh out of the academy officer Kono, they embark on a mission to make Hawaii safe from the criminals.

Most of the episodes can be deduced within the first 15 minutes. But its enjoyable because it is about action more than anything else.

Knightrider was a big let down, so when I saw the trailer for this I thought, its going to be terrible. But honestly, I'm hooked on this show..Yes, it is ridiculous, with prolonged fight scenes, made up science fiction nonsense (The stuff with the satellites). But I still think its better than most of the stuff thats on. Personally I would have opted for the show to be a continuation of the old, new characters maybe appoint Daniel Dae-Kim as the lead..But no Hollywood, likes to re-tell the same old stories...Anyways, its still a brilliant fun show..not to be taken to seriously.

Hawaii Five O (reboot)

Author: retiredsleeve from United States
7 December 2010

Hawaii Five O (2010), is a reboot of the most successful TV Detective Series (Law and Order was a LEGAL/Detective Series, not the typical Detective Drama.) All of the main characters are there: McGarrett, Williams, Chin Ho and Kono, but 2010 is not 1968, and the characters are much different than your mom and dads H5O. More emphasis is on action than plot development, but that is not a bad thing, just different. If you are willing to let yourself be entertained, without questioning the legality of the characters actions, this show is for you. I grew up watching the original, but I also enjoy the new. Don't compare it to the past H5O, just judge it for what it is: New twist on a familiar theme. Much like the new Batman movies and Star Trek...

A real good and entertaining series!

Author: tassosdel from Greece
21 October 2012

I never watched the original so i can't compare them. All i know that the series is a fast pacing police series that has humor, perfect scenery and it never makes you get bored. It does not have the filling"what is going on on the next episode" that most the today series trying to achieve and at the end they lose the meaning. The series has a story of its one but it's not forcing you to see the next episode where nothing interesting will happen... Also the chemistry of the actors is excellent. As i said is a relaxing, fast pacing, with clever humor and beautiful photography TV series... If you want to be entertained See it without hesitation!!!

One of the most stimulating series i ever watched.

Author: lugn-147-28394 from Sweden
30 August 2011

I'm so happy that i started to watch Hawaii Five-O. All started when my brother told me it was good. As he have one of the most weird tastes when it comes to movies, i first doubted his recommendation. But he was right.

This is one of the most stimulating series i ever watched. Normally i can tell what is to come in a movie, but this is outstanding work by the writers. I can't predict the outcome at all, and every episode that comes it just keep getting better and better.

Without telling to much, i think that the final episode is the greatest, it made me feel like a junkie that just want more and more. It's amazing! Very few things have made this to me, and i can nothing but recommend you to watch it, have fun, I'm positive you'll like it!

Very bad

Author: wizzzzard from Denmark
8 April 2015

Are the directors only making bad series or what! Hawaii five-o, is so bad. the acting is so low, Danny is such a bad imitation of James Caan. And whats with "he/she is the murder" everyone they catch, gets told that he or she is the murder, every time. So many logic things, they cant even do, that never would go on in real life, its so bad directing and acting, I've seen 2 seasons, and, no more. So many things in this that is missing. A navy seal, well, is a bad ass in combat and more, but not in this series. Try and get real about it, make it more lifelike, get the details in order. Show sucks big time. I also wonder, why all the drinking, are they all alcoholics. Only thing i like, is how Danny act about his daughter.

The Wrost show on TV poorly made with bad actors

Author: airlinecapt1 from Staten Island NY
7 April 2015

The Show is weak in script, Scott Caan is their because of his father, not a good Dano, Alex O'Loughin is a extremely weak Steve Mc Garrett, no leadership in the show, it looks like Dano is his boss. The Scripts are very bad, too short intro very cheesy graphics. The stories are all over the place. Grace park and Daniel Dee Kim should play the main roles, don't waist your time watch this very poorly made show. The show is made very poor, where is Jack Lord when we need him. The people who made this show never watched the old Hawaii 5-0, skip this show its really bad. CBS must be shooting this show on a shoe string. Avoid this show at all costs, watch the old Hawaii 5-0 show's if you really want to watch a good Hawaii 5-0 show