IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hawaii Five-0"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Hawaii Five-0" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 15: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Love it!

Author: aleksandra-yakubenko
23 December 2011

I haven't seen the original series, so i won't compare the new to the old. Hawaii caught my full attention from the first minutes of the first episode. The mixture of action, humor is just perfect for me. The characters are amazing, and i really love them all :-) and this is of cause due to the amazing actors! The dialogs and overall relations between Danno and Super Seal are hilarious (can you say bromance here? whatever you like, but i feel it) And why hide? I'm just in love with Steve :-) all his "taking off shirt" scenes are one of many things why you should see the series (shut up! i'm a girl, i have a right to watch TV-show because of the hot cast)). So together: hot cast, nice plot, intriguing storyline, hilarious dialogs and great action scenes = amazing TV-show "Hawaii 5-0". Really looking forward to the 4 season!!! Excuse my English mistakes, i'm not a native speaker)))

What can I say, late to the game, but my new favorite never-miss

Author: karen_ga from United States
6 September 2013

I remember watching the original series when I was a child. My babysitter and me had a deal: if I behaved, she'd let me stay up an extra hour to watch McGarrett & Co. catch the bad guys. When I heard they were making it again, I had serious doubts...who could match Jack Lord and company? I didn't watch the show, but it showed up on TNT in syndication. I figured I'd watch it and that would be the end. SOOO wrong.....I'm not watching the original episodes until I catch up with the story lines. Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park (Kono was a secretary in the original series). Great casting, amazing acting and action and I DVR every episode so that I don't miss a second. Using 5-O as slang for cops...discovered where it came from, I'm guessing the OGs were kids at one time, and heard it as often as I did. Don't know why it didn't click earlier. Thrilled that they kept the original opening song, and logos, and the officers in the same positions as their names come up on the screen. A perfect mix of old and new, Dann-o never would have seriously argued McGarrett in the original, but the camaraderie between Alex and Scott is funny and endearing. Chin and Kono being related is great. I will watch this series right until the bitter end, and re-watch it again, thanks to DVR. I've missed many seasons already but am so ready to watch the next and the next until I catch up. Each episode is a evelation, and a more laid-back McGarrett is so much more fun to watch.

A fun ride with some "Dude, seriously?" moments here and there.

Author: tangochan85 from United States of America
23 April 2012

I have yet to miss an episode, which is quite rare for me, because with most TV shows I watch, there's always an episode description that puts me off or I get five minutes in and I can't get any farther into the writing of the episode. That's not to say Hawaii Five-0 is flawless, there are some quibbles I have with it here and there, but above all else, I don't take it seriously. It's flashy, fun, and occasionally melodramatic. However, luckily, the melodrama isn't all-permeating, and the show is not stuck on melancholy or misery like so many shows nowadays seem to be, though it's not without its serious episodes. There are a lot of entertaining actors on this program, not just the main four actors, but some secondary characters can be quite good and you look forward to them recurring. It might not be a show for everyone, but this show is definitely worth a try for those who haven't tried it yet.

completely different from the old 5-0, but interesting and refreshing show none the less

Author: georgeszaslavsky from France
26 June 2011

Having seen the older 5-0 series which lasted 12 seasons, I decided to watch for these series and already liked it. Although the actors playing the main characters are not as vibrant as in the older series, they do a very good job. Alex O Laughlin plays a very cool but tenacious Mc Garrett, Scott Mc Caan plays a relaxed, funny but efficient Danno, Daniel Dae Kim seen in Lost and 24,does a very good job as Chin Ho even though sometimes, his character seems to be self effacing and Kono aka Grace Park is a great character and makes an interesting addition to the team. The scenes are always filled with lots of action and speed, add to this beauty of O'ahu and you have all the good things of what makes this show a good one.The plots are always interesting because they interfere with the past, the present and the future of the characters.I am waiting for the season 2.

Truly Brilliant!

Author: erapandora-692-272821 from Stockton-on-Tees, UK
22 May 2013

I love this so much. There are good plot lines throughout every series and the characters are so well rounded. It is a wonderful mix of humour, tension and action.

I think the actors are brilliant, even the young ones like Teilor Grubbs who is an amazing Grace Williams. The shots of Hawaii itself are something on their own! It shows some fantastic locations and beautiful shots.

I find the team's interaction to be interesting. Each of them bring something to the group that works well and doesn't seem to be added in just to fill a space. Steve has the expertise in 'how' to get things done; he seems to plan things well and can think on his feet. Danny is the one helping Steve stay in line and providing a solid partnership to his ways. He wears his emotions so much more openly than any of the others and it really makes me feel for him, especially when you see him interacting with children.

Kono is originally the newbie but she rapidly works her way into being a more solid member of the team, she is very much the heart of the team, able to connect with each of the other characters (though, to be fair, all the characters get along with each other well). Chin seems to be the most comfortable with technology, he can work his way through databases well and he also seems to be the 'voice of wisdom', making the others think for a moment before rushing off.

I even love all the other characters. Kamekona makes me laugh, but he can provide more than just a moment of comedy, Rachel is a strong woman who I ended up liking more than I wanted to, Cath is a woman I also really liked as she isn't some simpering damsel but a brilliant character on her own (even though Steve could treat her a little better with regards to actually dating her), I love Max to bits, though I miss his music he played in series 1, and the others are also wonderful.

The whole thing is engaging and difficult to stop watching.

Honestly, the only problems I have with it are that I have to wait to get the new episodes and no one seems to wear seatbelts. ♥

Hot in Hawaii!

Author: amethystwings32 from United States
18 May 2012

This Hawaii Five 0, is a lot better then the first one by far. There is a lot more action which makes it great to watch. Iam glad that they found a show that Alex O'Loughlin is not only good in,but that also enjoys being in. This suits him, he seems to be more at home on an island.I really like the whole cast that they picked for this show they work very well together for a group of people that have never worked together before. That is my mom's take on the show, I have never seen the original series. But I can honestly say Iam a huge fan, of this one! It has action, beautiful scenery and a lot of sexy people on it! But putting that aside it is an awesome show! We are really glad it was renewed for the fall season!

Testosterone filled, over the top fun.

Author: rareandfirsts from United States
21 September 2010

The pilot begins with a feature film action extravaganza complete with helicopters, rockets and exploding vehicles and (I hope) sets the pace for the entire series.

Early on we learn that the Governor wants McGarrett to head up a no-holds-barred, "no red tape" crew to get the bad guys "off my Island." Almost immediately you see shades of buddy films like Lethal Weapon and hints of the producers' other influences like Die Hard and the same sort of cinematography used in Transformers sans the CGI.

The chemistry of the leads worked as well and to be honest, I tuned in for the non-lead characters as I knew Grace and Kim's work more than I did the two leads of Danno and McGarrett.

If you are looking for a more realistic cop show, this isn't the one for you. This is a 'throw the book out the window and get the bad guy any way you can' show that is meant to be more fun than thought provoking and it succeeds nicely in that effort.

New Hawaii 5-0 is the Paris Hilton of TV Cop Shows

Author: Draconian Clown from USA
2 November 2010

This thing is a train-wreck. Island's Top Cop, governor's right hand, and his team look and act like they're hanging at a sports bar. Mcgarrett and Danno are badly miscast, way too young looking and without any presence as serious men, much less cops, and their script has them acting like a high school show offs.

Danno cracks jokes and acts half-drunk, storming around like a puffed out jock on his first beer, while Steve tries to talk sense to him like hes the only grown up ... this, in every crisis? I half expect Danno to start farting and eating his boogers to capture Steve's ire.

Kono seems asleep or incompetent. What is her team skill? It must be personal hygiene since the others cannot shave, wash, or even comb their hair.

Remember: these silly people are supposed to be an elite law enforcement team! These is a reason cops act officially!

I'd say Chin is only team member believable in this ridiculous rendition of a lame-old cop TV series.

Other than that, its OK. I like what they did with the music and Hawaiian photography. Its cool that they employ some real actor as a guest star. Too bad the producers didn't put some effort into making the show. They're trying to fill big shoes with baby feet.

So Silly, it's a crime

Author: afijamesy2k from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
22 September 2010

The Remake of the theme song is the only reason to see this idiotically, godawful, disjointed remake of the great 1968-80 television classic, Alex McLoughlin delivers a very bad performance, the rest of the actors are woeful, scott cann is embarrassing, the rest of the scenes are just so pointless, the action is over the top, the writing is embarrassing, the teleplay is a mess and the only things that save this disasters are the beautiful scenery of Hawaii, the theme songs and the cinematography, otherwise this is a pointless, useless exercise in stupidity that deserves to be on my list of the worst TV of 2010.

truly awful.

Why do that do that?

Author: xbox1 from United States
25 January 2017

Just to see if I am the only one that have the following feelings/observations: 1 - Scott Cann may be a good actor. If so, there is no evidence in this series. The writers et al have given him a "thug", idiotic, rude, imbecilic goof,etc. personality. 2- McGarrett in the original series was the boss and acted like it. Unfortunately in this remake he is Danno's buddy and pal. Hard to deal with from a actual reality standpoint. There appears to be no one really in charge all the time. 3 - If you shoot a gun in this show, you have about a 12% chance of hitting the target, even when within 20 feet... with an fully automatic weapon. One exception is when Kono pull sniper duty. 4 - Why in the world would you have your daughter call you Danno. Duh-no maybe. 5 - Has anyone been honest with Scott concerning his ridiculous hair style? The next time he is told to "book'm Danno" it should be with a hair stylist.

That is all.