IMDb > "Melissa & Joey" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Melissa & Joey"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Melissa & Joey" More at IMDbPro »

Delightful Show!

Author: kspears-3 from United States
3 October 2010

I have just fallen in love with this new delightful show...Ever since her days as the lovable Clarissa Explains it All and Joey's Blossom, I have loved these actors. So glad to see them acting together in a well-written family show. The cultural references add a nice touch, but it's not overdone. The story is relevant to today's audiences, but not in a ridiculous unbelievable way. The sets are lovely, costumes fun and well styled, dialogue witty and smart. It's fresh and fun, sweet and light, and the characters are really likable. Better than almost everything I've seen from the big networks' fall lineup! This should be a must-watch for anyone looking for a great half hour of television!

ABC Family has Struck GOLD with Melissa and Joey

Author: Moseph Siddiqi from United States
4 June 2012

I actually look forward to watching ABC Family because of this show,Its nice to see a couple on TV with as much chemistry as Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. Taylor Spreitler and Nick Robinson add fresh faces and believable characters to an already awesome cast. Love watching the characters develop and come into their own. They actually tackle everyday family issues but without having to revert to terribly fake conversations you often saw characters have in 90's sitcoms. I grew up learning more from Mr. Feeny than I did from most of my teachers until I got to College, this show gives me hope the world will be filled with more Aunt Mel's than Kim Kardashians.

Retro and FUN!

Author: oddity94 from Canada
11 May 2013

I've been reading comments about how this show is copying bla, bla, bla. I just want to say that there is so many shows on so many different topics already recorded that its hard to come up with fresh ones. I really like this show it has a really good background story but actors are so much more. They seem to be born for these roles. I mean Mel and Joey are just perfect, plus Ryder and Lennox are such a great success. My point is that if you copy some show and you make it worse that is lame, but if you manage to make it this great that my friends takes some skill and commitment. I have watched all seasons of FRIENDS, Supernatural, Joey(from friends), Seinfeld, The big bang theory and a lot more but i've got to say that this show IS WORTH OF EVERY SECOND of your life. . I just want to thank to actors and writes for doing that great of a job. And i'm hoping for a lot more seasons with Melissa and joey.

Great straight funny forward show

Author: Kevinusa Usaforever from U.S.A.
1 July 2012

This show is one the best shows on TV right now.

I first heard about the show when it debuted but just started watching and it is hilarious.

I love that this show is just a great written multi camera show and not one of those boring and stale, democratic-liberal single camera crap shows, which are only watchable by democratic-liberal college kids.

This show is just very well written like sitcoms used to be and are starting to be again. The acting between Melissa and Joey is just great. They have such a great chemistry. The last couple on TV that had that kind of chemistry was Tom Allen and Patricia Richardson.

On the trivia site it says they now each other since they were 5 and you can really see that in the show.

This show should be on the regular ABC.

Right now it seems like the cable networks make funnier shows than what's mostly on the broadcast nets. I also like the shows TV land is making right now. Like the exes for example which is just hilarious, the fist season was great but now in the second season they are just hilarious. If you like this show you should definitely give TV lands shows a try.

Melissa and Joey is *******Awesome!!!!!!

Author: delbertrose84 from Texas
3 October 2013

So I recently watched Melissa and Joey Pilot, and i'll be damned now i am watching season 3 and it is still just so great!!!! I find this show a refreshing comedy that is just adult enough to make you feel justified in watching a show on ABC family, Which again i am surprised about. I find myself cracking up at everything that Burke and Longo do. I have always considered Melissa Hart a funny person and have enjoyed watching most of her previous works. Now in this Comedy she plays a funny ex party girl politician which oddly enough i can believe. It is amazing to see how well Mrs. Hart plays "Aunt Mel". I find myself literally rolling on the floor laughing at every little expression and movement that she does because with her it goes beyond just speaking funny jokes. Melissa sells the disdain and smart-ass comments so well. As far as Joey he is just as funny. I think that he plays off Melissa so well that i can actually believe every unsaid thing between them and all the jokes are just that much funnier because of these 2. I would say watch this and be ready to literally die laughing it is an amazing show and i will be watching this show until the end of it which i hope is many years from now!!!

Sweet, funny and sadly underrated

Author: Lenore C
8 September 2013

Melissa and Joey tells the everyday life of young councilwoman Melissa Burke as she becomes legal guardian of her teenage nephew - Ryder - and niece - Lennox; and Joe Longo, a successful businessman who, after falling victim to a scheme and losing everything, becomes Melissa's male nanny, or "manny" - much to his own frustration.

What could seem like a bland show actually reveals itself as sweet and very funny! The characters go wonderfully together, each of their distinct personalities is adorable enough to fall in love with. Melissa's childishness and apparent ADHD brings a lot of energy to the show. Combined with Joe's charming sarcasm and egocentricity, Ryder's adorable and innocent goofiness and Lennox's selfish yet nurturing concerns about the world makes Melissa and Joey delightfully entertaining, a pleasure to watch!

What happened?

Author: amgreaves1 from USA
27 July 2013

First let me say I love Melissa & Joey. Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence are great in this show and make the whole love/hate relationship funny. The first 2 seasons were great. The first season had 30 episodes and the second had 15. I get that considering Melissa was pregnant and had her baby just before the second season ended. But I digress, the reason I named this review "What happened?" is because of the 3rd season. Where is Stephanie? Why isn't there anymore Toledo crisis Mel has to face? Are there new writers or something? The 3rd season is focusing mostly on relationships with Mel and some random guy and Joey with some random girl, even Lennox with too many boyfriends to count. I loved Ryder's gf Holly, too bad she dumped him. Well anyway I miss the other topics rather than fixing or not fixing relationships. Since I am a die-hard Melissa & Joey fan I will still DVR every episode, but they need to get back to roots that made this show great in the beginning.

Give it a try...

Author: redster26
11 January 2013

I would actually give this show 7.5,but since IMDb doesn't allow that,I'll go with 8.This show is based on a very peculiar concept: I mean,male nanny who was once a trader but was then hired by a politician to take care of her niece and nephew: who's dad was the reason the man was reduced to what he became? It's an impossible situation.But if you can get past that,it's a good show with some good quality entertainment that hasn't disappointed so far.It has potential, which means we can always look forward to better episodes.It's a light hearted comedy,so i suggest everyone to look at it that way rather than comparing it to other sitcoms or questioning it's plausibility.So if you are ever bored and want a good show to pass your time: You have it!

The best comedy TV series on air

Author: alexander_2
3 January 2012

I can definitely say that Melissa & Joey is the most exciting comedy TV series on television at the moment.

Certainly, the show's formula for success is the chemistry between the two main characters, smartly brought together again by ABC Family after starring in another successful TV comedy - My Fake Fiancé.

The dialogue is smart and funny, the stories are very interesting, and moreover, presented in an entertaining way.

The show is an excellent way to just sit and relax for 30 minutes. Luckily, ABC Family gave it a green light, ordering 30 episodes for the first season, with a second one upcoming. I highly recommend Melissa & Joey to everyone; it is suitable to be watched with friends, family, or simply by yourself when you need distraction from your daylife.

A lot of fun

Author: Sheila Holland from United Kingdom
24 January 2014

I came across this programme whilst staying in New York and found I really enjoyed it. I am very fussy about the TV programmes I watch so it was nice to see Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence, two actors I grew up watching. The themes and ideas are brilliant and love the role reversal aspect. Melissa's character is so out there and Joey does think he is god's gift to women, which makes it so easy to laugh at them. But, you do feel the love in the family despite this and I think it has been executed very well. It tugs at the heartstrings very well and really makes you want the characters to be happy, which I've not felt from a programme in so long. Of course the ideas are out there, which makes it so much easier to laugh at, this is a comedy after all. This may not be for everyone but I have really enjoyed it and have watched every episode so far.....